Status: Complete

Turning A Page

-35-

Zacky shrugged while struggling to keep a straight face. "Sorry Princess, I can't make any promises to not have my wicked way with you right here."

Cracking up, along with everyone else, I could only shake my head as I made my way to him. Kissing his cheek, I made myself comfortable as his arms closed around my waist.

Seeing Johnny walk back out of the house, I looked at him expectantly, waiting to find out who they mystery caller had been. "That was mom," he explained as he took his seat. "They just got home and want me to go over for lunch tomorrow to catch up. She said they were worried about you, Sar."

Raising my eyebrow, I turned to look more fully at him. "Why are they worried about me?"

Shaking his head while laughing, I knew it was because I hadn't needed to ask. "Because they're your parents too? They heard you just disappeared out of NZ and didn't know what had happened. I guess mum and dad didn't want to get into any details with them. They just wanted to know if I'd heard from you and if I knew you were ok."

"You didn't spill the surprise, did you?" I know it was Johnny's idea to just spring me being here on them, but I was kind of excited about shocking them too.

"Of course not! I did tell them I had someone special I want them to meet tomorrow though."

Before he could keep talking Brian, of all people, interrupted him. "You know, that makes it sound like you have a new girl." Zacky swung a punch to his arm, laughing at the idea of Johnny and I being together in that sense, I guess. "What? It does sound that way! And you know they'd be good together. Sorry man, but I mean, it's obvious how much they love each other."

"He's right," Val joined in. "From the minute they walked through the front door together you could tell there was a bond."

It was weird hearing about my relationship with Johnny as if we weren't even there. The outside view was insightful though. I'd never really thought of how our interactions together came off to other people. I had wondered about it recently because of Zacky, but it was only in the back of my mind, more of a distraction than anything.

Ignoring the continuing conversation around me while I pondered the unknown, I ran a hand absentmindedly through what was left of Zacky's hair, noticing Johnny's gaze stayed constantly on me whenever he wasn't talking. His look was soft, almost contemplative, but something I had never seen before. There was a spark of something I couldn't decipher twinkling mysteriously in his dark eyes. The man intrigued me, even though I knew him so well. It seemed as if there was always some new aspect to discover and be fascinated by.

With most people, after a while I learn their ways, movements, signals, thoughts. I find it easy to figure them out and there are rarely any major shocks. I say most people, because obviously I was complete off with my assessment of Steve. Or maybe I was just blinded because he was the first guy to ever really treat me as something special.

Now that I was back in California I was beginning to realise just how much of an idiot I'd been to not realise what he was up to behind my back. All the nights he was 'out with the guys' or visiting his parents. He wasn't worth thinking about anymore; I had more than my fair share of people who wanted me to be around here with me now.

Breaking from my thoughts when Zacky shifted to go use the bathroom I looked around the people gathered. Aside from Jimmy and Eve missing the action, I couldn't think of any people I'd rather spend my time with.

"So are we going for this swim, or what?" Michelle asked as she stretched before us. Brian's arms were quickly around her middle, swinging her around playfully while she laughed at him for being an idiot.

"Lead the way!" I felt like a nice cool dip in the Pacific. I decided that when we got there I was going to drag Johnny to 'our spot' so we could watch the sunset together like old times.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is possibly going to be the last TAP update before i go on holiday. I want to try getting a BOS update out tomorrow if i can.
My Grandad and Great Uncle are coming to stay on Wed so i'll have to be sociable and not lock myself in here writing.
Then this time next week i should be half way over the Pacific Ocean! Wish me luck =] lol

Oh yea, i put up a Choking Hazard update today too. If you haven't read it... it's insanity, pretty much. If you feel like a laugh it's a good bet, but if you have a more reserved sense of humour it's prob better left alone in it's padded cell =]