Summer at the Lake House

Zack the Jerk

It was around lunch time and Miranda and I were having a little picnic with Jenny and little Tyler. I made PB&J sandwiches for everyone and my special salad. Miranda made cupcakes and brought some fruit. Jenny brought the music to listen to and Tyler brought a deck of cards to play with. We were having a blast playing cards and telling jokes.

"You are going on another date today?" Jenny asked to make conversation.

"Yes with Henry." I have told her this like a million times before. She just can't get over the fact that I have a boyfriend before she does even though that makes sense.

"I thought you didn't like him?" Miranda asked all confused because oddly i haven't told her yet.

"Well i guess i just didn't like them fighting, but Henry is fine and i will really get to know him tonight." I didn't realize it, but i was smiling really big.

"Where are you going?" Miranda threw a grape at me, so i threw one back at her and then we had a grape war and once that ended Tyler went back inside.

"We are going bowling." I finally answered Miranda's question.

"There is a bowling alley near here?" Jenny questioned because she hasn't been in town yet which sucks for her.

"Yeah it's like a block away from the movie theater." MIranda said like Jenny was stupid.

"Well sorry i haven't been in town yet." Jenny stuck her tongue out at Miranda and threw a grape at her and the war began again. We were having the best time of our lives throwing grapes at each other. Then Zack's brother Sean came over to us and we all stopped pretending like nothing ever happened.

"Hey Jenny, I just got my drivers license. So i was wondering if you wanted to go into town today to see a movie or something." Sean asked and Jenny nodded her head got up and they walked away. Once she left MIranda and I decided to go for a walk on this little path that leads to the most beautiful scenery ever.

When we got to the end of the path we saw Lisa and Zack there. Zack had his arm around Lisa and Lisa was resting her head on Zack's shoulder. Me and MIranda decided to mess with them, so we both hid in the bushes made animal noises and threw things at them. Soon enough Lisa ran away screaming with Zack following after her. We got out of the bushes laughing and then we high-fived each other. It was the most fun we have had this whole summer.

It was getting late and i had to be home before 6 so we walked back and i got dressed for the bowling alley well actually i just took off my bathing suit and put a t-shirt and jeans on. When i heard the doorbell i rushed down stairs before anyone else answered it. I forgot it is family game night, so they were all to busy playing games.

I answered the door and of course it was Henry looking really amazing. He put his hand out and i of course grabbed it and we walked to the car. I hope this date goes a lot better than our other date.

"You any good at bowling?" He asked me

"No not really, but i don't bowl much so i don't really know." He laughed and i hit him. So far things were okay or better than yesterday.

We finally got to the bowling alley and he was paying for everything which is only a good thing. The first couple of tries he helped me to throw the ball in the right place and i got a strike! It turned out Henry was amazing at bowling. Once he won the game we sat in a booth and ate dinner which was a cheeseburger and fries.

"Did you have fun today?" He asked taking a fry and eating it.

"Actually i did..." i was going to say more, but i saw Zack walk through the door without Lisa. Henry followed my stare.

"I will go beat him up if you want me to." He started to get up, but i pushed him back down.

"No maybe he won't notice we are here." Right after i said that Zack started to walk this way.

"Now can i beat him up." I shook my head because i wanted to know why Zack was here before he died. Zack sat down next to Henry and said "MIranda told me you were going to be here and while Lisa is shopping i thought i would hang out with you." He smiled at me and frowned at Henry.

"Well did Miranda tell you that i was on a date?" I asked in a rude tone.

"A matter of fact she did." Zack ate one of Henry's fries and Henry looked super mad.

"Then why did you come?" God i wanted to slap him.

"Because you deserve better than this jerk." Zack said looking at Henry with a rude look on his face and now i really wanted to slap him.

"Henry i give you permission to beat him up now." After i said that a smile went on Henry's face and Zack got up and walked out of the bowling alley. Gosh that was so stupid and i am glad i didn't get with Zack because he is the jerk.