Status: Thanks to everyone reading! I love you all :P

Almost Lost It All

This or That

I see them both. Standing among the shore. I walk toward them with easy steps as the scene unfolds in front of me. A beautiful day at the beach. The water as blue as the clear sky and the wind just at the right breeze. The sun is making everything sparkle like diamonds. I let the warmth seep into my skin, my face, as I get closer to the two people standing at the ocean's edge. And the heat grows when I reach them; safety incases me in relief. An overwhelming feeling of amazement that they're both real touches my heart. I smile when I touch her shoulder. They both turn to look at me at the same time.

Their slightly identical faces light up with delight. His blue gaze crushes down on me like a great memory coming to life. When I look at his face it's so familiar but so new at the same time. My smile grows as he stands in front of me, clear as the day we're standing in. I reach out and shake his hand. His strong grip forces tears to my eyes. The touch is so real. How long has it been? He glances toward her, letting my hand go.

When I look at her eyes they shine a bright aqua and make me feel dizzy. Love rises to pierce my heart as I touch her smooth, natural hair. I grin when she smiles an actual smile at me. Her face is so gentle in the sun and her skin looks almost golden. I cup her chin in my hand, letting my fingers linger by her lips so I can feel her cool breath on them. She's happy.

I look at both of them and open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. He shakes his head and starts walking away from us. I go to follow but she begins walking the other way. Confusion hits me hard as I look from one person to the other.

It takes me a few moments, but I look to my right. She's standing there: smiling and laughing. And she's beautiful. When I face her she looks straight at me. The sun cascades a wonderful light over her so she glows. The sea before her crashes with pure waves and the wind blows her hair among her shoulders. A wanting so strong sweeps me up and I walk toward her. With each step the love grows inside of me. The burning for her touch dances over every surface of my skin. I smile as I get closer.

A strong sensation on my back forces me to look over my shoulder. The world drains from colour as he keeps walking along the water. He's cascaded in complete white light. Suddenly, I feel as if my soul is being pulled toward the light. It's urging me toward peace. I turn slowly and begin walking toward him. Instantly incredible joy fills my body as I let my toes sink into the lightening sand. Utter fullfillment takes me over as I get closer to the white that's erased the rest of the beach. I feel powerful with every step I take toward him. I feel as if he can heal all of my wounds, take all of the pain, save my broken life. He's standing there, waiting for me to join him. There's so much peace behind his eyes. There's so much we can share again.

But then her scent hits my nostrils and I stop. Her prescence closes in on me with the wind. I suddenly feel a tugging on my soul. When I look over my shoulder at her the waves crash harder, forcing new thoughts into my brain. Strong realization and happiness rushes through my body. She's there. And she's waiting for me. She hasn't left. So I know I can't leave her. She's my beautiful girl. She's the reason my heart has been beating for so long. She's my light, the trust that keeps me walking. She is my purpose. Everything that's inside of me is inside of her. I've never seen anything more amazing than her smile. I've never heard anything more comforting than her laugh. I know I can have that now, because she's waiting for me.

So I run to her. Her eyes beckon me to feel her touch. To feel her love. And as soon as I'm in front of her she touches my face with shaking hands. There are tears in her eyes. I know she's come back to me so I smile, taking her hand in mine, and kiss her fingers. She begins to cry as everything rushes away from me. The beach disappears around us. All I know is my beautiful girl. All I know is her tight grip on my hand, her whispers into my ear as I hold her.

When I look back he's smiling greatly at me. He knows where I belong, and I know what I've just chosen.

Brother against sister. Death or life.

I chose her. I chose life. Because she's it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So he's going to live! :D ...This was sad to write for some reason, and I tried the whole time to get the tragic feeling out of my chest. I kind of wish for things that won't happen, :P

Song:

Lifehouse - Everything (one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard)