Closing Your Eyes Won't Make Me Disappear

Memories

"Stop theif!"
I glanced over to see someone running the the crowd pushing it's way through everyone."My daughter asked me to pick up some things for our lunch on the way home,so..."Tazuna says as we walk through the small village.So much about it reminded me of back home exept the village actually had people otuside doing and trying things.Back in Amarante,all hope was lost to us.
"Here we are!"
I glanced up at the grocery store as we walked in.I glanced at a small boy leaning agaisnt the building with his head buried inbetween his knees."Welcome!"the attendent says smiling at us,his eyes light up as if it's the first time he's seen the sun at our presence.I glanced around noticing most of the stuff was gone now.
I glanced around when suddenly I feel something squeeze my butt.I looked back as anger flooded through me punching whoever did it hard.I glared down at the man that was now on the ground."Bastard..."I growl before going back to Tazuna who was paying for the food.
Together we walked out heading back to his house."Well..that certainly was a surprise,"Tazuna says over to me probably reffering to the incident before.I just shruged as we continued walking.I felt a tug on my hoodie and I glanced backto see a young kid there olding her hands out.I frown but dig in grabing the 2 riceballs I had wraped up in my pocket.I had been saving them for later but the hell with it.I gave it to her and she smiled and her eyes lit up just like the attedent at the grocery shop and ran off."It's been like this ever since Gato moved in.We've become a city of slackers,cowards,andfools!That's why the bridge we are building is so essenetial!It will be an emblem of courage maybe the people who've taken the path of least resistence will ben willing to walk the road of courage and dignity again.If we can only completer it...I truly belive that our city and our people can be what they once were again!"
Just like my clan.
~~~
"Dammit!"
Naruto glared up at the tree in frustration.He was getting better causing him to smirked but then glanced at Sasuke's and frowned angrily at himself.He's still higher than him and he's still climbing!Naruto glared as he made another mark on the tree and came falling down landing on his feet.
'Darn it.Wait!I can't let him distract me!I need to concentrate!I hate to remember what Gina told me!'Naruto thinks as he remembers what I had told him before I left to go protect Tazuna.
'It takes up mental energy to generate and manipulate chakara so if you get all stressed out or distracted it will become harder.Take it easy and relax.Focus on the tree as much as you can until you feel how much chakara you need.No more,no less'
'Right!I can do that!I know I can!This time for sure!'Naruto thought as he concentrated forgeting about his surroundings and everything.He got ready only focusing on the tree.He could feel all the chakara pulsing at his feet as he took a step to the tree-
"Hey Naruto!"
Naruto landed on the ground and immedietly get up glaring at Sasuke angrily."You...you...you!You're breaking my concentraition!Stop bugging me!"Naruto shouts at him furiously."Uh...well..."Sasuke says looking uncomfortable."Wh-what?What is it?"Naruto quesiton eyeing him suspiciously as he cross my arms.'Why does he want to talk all of the sudden?'
He looks away and his face turns in a slight shade of pink."Wh...What did Gina say to you....?"
Naruto's eyes snap open in surprise.'Did he just ask me for advice?!'
A large grin spread over his face as joy spread over him.
"None of your business!"
~~~
"Boy this is real fun!I can't remember the last time I shared a meal with so many people!"
I couldn't keep my eyes out how much food the two guys were eating.I even think they were eating more than Choji does and that is alot!"More please!"
Their glares meat as they stand up holding their plates out.Suddenly both of their eyes widen and both turn around and throw up.I frown shaking my head at my teammates as I take another bite from my food lazily putingmy head on my fist that leaned on the table."Stop eating if you're just going to throw up.It's wasting food,"I say over to them and Sasuke looks over to me."..No,I wanna eat!"he says and I glance to see Naruto doing the same."Because even if we make ourselves sick to do it,we have to eat if we want to get strong!"
I sighed as I contiue to eat ignoring them as they eat."Hm...What's up with the picture?"
I glance up at Naruto's voice and glance where everyone was looking."Someone's face is gone,"he states pointing with his chopsticks at it as he contienes to eat.I had noticed Inari staring it the whole time at dinner too."..It was a picture of Inari's father,"Tsunami says without turning aorund."...Once upon a time,if you will..our entire village called him a hero,"Tazuna says loooking down at the plate.Suddenly Inari shoves the chair back and walks off."Inari...where are you going?"his mother quesitons at him worriedly but he walks out slaming the door behind him."Inari!"
"Father!I've told you time and again not to mention that in front of my son!"she snaps glaring over at her father."He seemed upset,"I muttered staring at the door he had left and then look back down at my plate continueing to eat."It sounds like there's a story there..."Kakashi says looking over at Tazuna who nods."...The man in the picture was not Inari's birth father...but they were as loving adn close as any biological father and son could have been.Inari was such a happy,laughing child back then..."Tazuna says and suddenly seemed to start shaking.I glance over to him to realize he was crying.My eyes widen and I immedietly tense up.My fist clench and I feel the hugner leave me."...But Inari changed....after what happened to his father,"he says with tears rollling down his face.
How can he cry infront of people like that?Even I'm not that strong.I could never show my weak side to anyone.I just couldn't.
"Our people-and especeilly little Inari-were robbed of the very meaning of courage becasue of what happened that day,"he says making everoyne look up to him."What happened?What was it?What could have changed Inari so much?"Kakashi quesitons him and Tazuna takes off his glasses as he rubs his eyes."Let me start at the beggining...and tell you about the man who out entire land called a champion and a hero..."
I pretty much zoned out after that.I just still coulnd't get the image of the tears from my head.It disturbed me.Something that barely happened anymore.A hero...my hero was my family.I loved them all.They all helped me out in the simplest way possible.Now,I'm the only one out from that hellhole.
"His name was Kaiza.He was a fisherman who came here from abroad to seek his fortue.From that day forward,Inari's affection and admiration for Kaiza grew and grew.Itprobably had something to do with Inar's real father having died before the boy was old enough to remember him,but even so...that boy stick to Kaiza like white on rice.They were always together,like any other father and son.In no time at all,Kaiza was like one of the familyand he was just the kind of man this needs more of!"
My eyes snap over at Tazuna who had continued on with the story.I wanted to leave already and go to sleep.It was bring up to many memories for me to handle.
"So...what happened?"
I glanced up involuntarily at Tazuna who shuddered and looked up with a grim expression in his face."In front of the entire village....Gato had Kaiza put to death,"he says and it was enough for me.I shoved the chair back glaring at the floor.I was thankfuly my hoodie was up so they couldn't see most of my face."I'm going for a walk,"I mutter before walking out from there.
I walked out from there leaving most of them confused and start walking into the forest.
When I go far enough,I sit down by a tree leaning aginst it.I bring my knees to my chest puting my arms around them buring my head into them as memories flooded my mind.

"You though you would be slick wouldn't you!Thought you could get passed us like that!"
Pain flooded through me as another kick landed on my stomache.I gasp out in the pain trying to move away but the grip tightened around my hair."You little brat!You just won't learn!"
"Stop it!Leave her alone!Please!"
My eyes slowly go overto my mother who was looking at us desperatly from the cell that they were keeping her in.I immedietly panic as I tried to move toward her.The sight of her looking like that disturbed me alot.I didn't want her to worry because of something I did.She already did enough for us."Shut up before I go get you as well!This piece of trash needs to learn it's lesson!"the guard shouts over to her lifting me up more by the hair lifting up his hand to hit me again."No!Please!I beg you!Take me!Not her!I'll do anything!Just leave her alone!"
I await for the hit though it never comes.I open my eye to see him standing there and a smirk on his faceI could tell something really bad was going to happen and immedietly fear welled up inside of me."Fine,maybe this will make all of the your stupid clan to behave from now on..."