Closing Your Eyes Won't Make Me Disappear

Second Exam

"What is this?"I question glancing around thinking this was a joke at the large intimadating looking forest.The trees were large and you could barely see anything because it looked so dark in there,they reminded me of the trees back in Amarante.

"This is the arena for the second exam:training ground 44.Also known as..the forest of death!"Anko says smirking over to us.I heard Naruto gulp next to me and I sigh."It looks liek a pretty creepy place,"Sakura says.Cell 6 seemed to be by us more than usual now.Sakura was here for Sasuke and Shouhei was trying to get me to talk to him.Obviously I was ignoring him.
"It'll be alright!You'll see!"Shouhei says rubbing his neck though laughing nervously."You're about to find out first hand...why they call this the forest of death!"Anko adds still with her smirk in place.She seemed to enjoy the scared people behind us." 'Oooh,you're about to find out first hand...why they call this the forext of death!' like that's really gonna scare us!You're trying to psych us out,and I'm not gonna fall for it!"Naruto shouts over to her determined."Oh really?You're pretty cocky,huh?"Anko says as her smirk widened.
A kunai passed by Naruto cuting his cheek and landing on the ground by another cell."Heh.Your kind are alwys the first to go."
My eyes widen as I glance back to see Anko behind Naruto grabing him from behind pressing her face to his and licking the blood spilling from his cheek."Spilling all that rich,red,lovely,luscious blood..."
Sudenly,one from the cell that almost got hit by the kunai leaned by her holding out her kunai with their tongue while she had her own kunai up incase it was an attack."Your kunai knife...I believe you droped it."
"Gee thanks,"Anko says a she turns to glare at him."Don't just stand behind me...radiating bloodlust...unless you're in a hurry to die,"she says gabing the kunai from his tongue as he puts it back in quickly."I'll try to keep it under ontrol...but the sight of warm fresh blood really makes me crazy....and I was already revved up from losing a strand of my precious hair,"he says without looking up at us.I frown staring at the guy.There was something way of from him.I could sense it.It wasn't like Anko that she had something,this guy was something."Sorry about that.Looks like we have a hot-blood ream on our hands this time out!Should be fun..."she says as a grin formed and I glance at Naruto who was glaring at her holding his cheek."Before we begin the second exam...there's something I have to hand out!"she shouts holding out a pile of papers."They're consent forms.Everybody has to sign one,"she says to us and I frown.Consent forms?"Why?"Naruto questions her confused as he crosses his arms."We want all the details covered before the first deaths occur.Sign before you go in,so we can't be held liable.You wouldn't want me to get in trouble,would you?"Anko says grining at us innocently laughing as she starts to hand them out."First,I'll explain what the second exam in details.Then you can sign the forms.With the other two members of your cell bring the forms to the hut behind you and submit them,got that?Now,about the exam.To put it simply...it's a no-holds-barred survival test,"she says over to us and then starts to take something out from her pocket.Another one?Kakashi's was enough for me."Let's start with the topography of this training ground.I'll explain the rest later.Training ground #44 is bordered by a circular perimeter interrupted at regular intervals by forty-four locked gates.There are forests and a river and in the center is a tower about ren kilmeters from those gates.Within the confines of this carefully delineated area,you're going to undergo a survival test.During the course of that test,you may us any ninja arts or weapons you have at your disposal.It's a kind of fight-to-death version of capture the flag or in this case...capture the scroll,"she says closing up the map she was holding up."Scroll?"someone asks and she grins."Exactly!"she says geting something else out.How many things does she have?
"There's a scroll of heaven and a scroll of eather and your objective is to acquire both scrolls.There are eighty-three of you here.That's twenty-eight three member teams.Fourteen teams wukk start iyt uwtg a heaven scroll...and the other thirteen will start with an eath scroll but you'll need both scorlls to pass and then bring them both to the tower at the center,"she says holding up the two scrolls up to show us."In othe words,about half of us will fail,"I state and she grins giving me thumbs up."You bet!And there's a time limit!You have 120 hours in which to complete this exam exactly five days!"she says to us and my eyes widen."Five days?!"
"What are we supposed to do for food?!"
"That's your problem.The forect are full of nature's bounty.Of course,they're also full of man-eating animals,deadly insects,and poisonous plants.There's no way as many as fourteen teams will pass this.As the time shortens,the trails will come harder and faster...with less recovery time for any mistakes,accidents,or injuries.You'll be surrounded by enemies at all times so you'll have to sleep iwth one eye open.So,in addition to those who die in attempts to defend or capture a scroll...some of you are bound to succumb to exauhxtion,exposure,starvation,and dehydration.Now let's talk about the rules and what offenses you can be disqualified for!Obviously,the team taht fail to reah the tower in time as three member cell-carrying both a heaven and earth scroll-are out.So is any ream that loses a member whether to death or severe injury and under no circumstances...can you leavce the forest before the time us up.No recess.No timeouts.Also...you're forbidden to look at the contents of the scrolls until you're inside the tower!"she says to us and I sighed trying to collect everything she said in my hand."What happens if we sneak a peek?"Naruto questions confused about thi still."That's for Those who look to know!"
"If any of you make it to the chunin level,there will be tiems when you'll be entrusted with top-secret documents...so consider this a test of your trustworthiness.That's all the explanation you get.We'll trade one scroll for every three forms.When you've got yours choose the ggate you want to start from.Everyone will begin at the same time.One finaly piece pf advice....stay alive!"Anko says and I sigh shaking my head.This would not end good.I could tell.
"It's almost time to distribute the scrolls,"a procter calls from the small shack and Anko nods as teams started to walk in.
I walked over to a spot I found away from all the teams and sat down as I signed the forms lazily and then closed my eyes in hopes of taking a nap before the second exam.
No such luck.
"It's your turn for the interview,"
I look up to see Sasuke there.He immedietly looked away and walked away.I frowned slightly confused.
'What interview?And we're his cheeks just pink?'I think frowning but shake the thought away.
The next second I found myself face to face with Konohomeru."So...what do you want?"
"Well,first tell us a little bit about yourself,"he says geting his pen and papare ready to write so I nod slightly confused at the purpose of this since no one thought of the idea of telling me what was going on."Like...?"
"Likes,dislikes,dreams,I don't know just say thigns!"he says leaning closer to write down everything I s aid.
"Um...I like sleeping and watching simple things like clouds or just normal people doing things,I like nature and taking a nap,I don't like waking up,or things I don't understand,my dreams are to go back to my homelands and find my clan,"I finish boredly leaning against a tree lazily."Tell me about your team.To make it short,descride them each with three words then explain why you chose the three words,"he demands to me and I felt slightly tense with the kid.He should give up being a ninja and beome a interogater.
"Well,Naruto would be...Surprising strong kid,he's always surprising people and seems to always have something up his sleeve,he's strong in both physically and emotionly,though he usually acts like a kid and goofs around,"I smile slightly remembering many things about Naruto over the past weeks we've had together as a team.They weren't so bad."Kakashi,would be a lazy perverted mystery.He's always late and is always reading his perverted book for some reason,he's also always has a meaning in whatever he says or does though he never says it.He always seems to something crazy but has a good cause behind it.And Sasuke..."I trail off trying to figure out the words to fit the boy.,"he could be descrided as a arrogant smart problem,he can be so cocjky that at times he annoys me more than Umeko,he's smart because he's great in fighting and really strong in battle...he's a problem because,problems confuse me and that's what Sasuke does most of the times.And not only me.He confuses the worlds,"I state over to Konohomeru who nods looking thoughtful about all this.
"So...it sounds like you like him!"he exclaims pointing at me and I frown slightly confused at what he was getting at."Um...no.I don't think so,"I state though I felt myself get nervous but I tried my hardest to cover it up."Hmm...fine,"he says puting his paper up and dismess me.I just let out a sigh knowing he wouldn't leave so I got up and walked over to my team.
We got our scroll and we decided that I would keep it.We all made out way to our gate which was 12."Yeah!Yeah!We can't lose,I tell ya!Anyone comes near us,I'll kill 'em myself!"Naruto shouts determines holding a fist up.I sighed but smiled at my teammate."All right,everyone,follow your proctors to your respective gates!When the signal sounds in half an hour the exam will begi!"Anko shouts from the behind us to everyone.Our proctor reaches our gate and ropsns up the locks."Part two of the journey selection exam begins...now!"
"Alright!Let's go!"