Closing Your Eyes Won't Make Me Disappear

The Forest of Death

"Can we take a break?Maybe a nap?"
"For the last time,no Gina.Your complaining more than the idiot,"Sasuke says to me with a scowl on his face but he had a small amused smirk there too.I realize that's true and glanced at Naruto who had been quiet for awhile now.Which was unusual."Naruto?You okay?"I call out to him and he looks up looking aggitated.
"I gotta,you know..."he says nervously and I let out a sigh knowing what he meant.We stoped and Naruto unziped his pants and I let out another sigh.You would think I would be the one to say something but Sasuke surprised me by speaking up.
"Naruto!Not infront of Gina!"he snaps over at him geting infront of me to block my view from him."I agree,I guess,"I say though I could just turn around and not see him.That's what we did in Amarente at times.
Naruto quickly scurried away into the bushes to do his business and I took a seat on the ground lazily."About time,I'm actually glad Naruto had to play fireman because I'm so tired,"I say closing my eyes and Sasuke snorted not saying anything.
"Wow,that was a lot,I wrote my whole name!"
I opened my eyes and I immedietly saw through the illusion.Who was that?I glanced to the bushes trying to see if Naruto was there.I glanced at Sasuke who glared at Naruto and then glanced at me and seemed to tell me with his eyes he knew as well.
Sasuke immedietly went in and punched him while I.......stayed siting down."Give up the transformation jutsu,we know it's not really Naruto.Naruto wears his kunai pouch on his right side because he's right handed,yours is on the your left,And earlier today Anko gave Naruto a cut on his cheek,"Sasuke says glaring at the imposter as gets up.
'Whoa...I didn't notice all that.I just saw through it'I sweatdroped as I scratched my head.The ninja tranformed back into itself.It was a rain ninja.
"So you caught me,are you going to give me yoru scroll?"he asks in a wierd voice due to his wierd thing over his mouth.
"How 'bout nope,where's Naruto?"I question still siting down looking at the guy."If you give me your scroll I'll tell you,"he says and I let out a sigh."Wrong answer."
I appear infront of him with a bored look on my face.His eyes widen at my speed as a smirk appears on my face as I grab a kunai to his neck."It seems I'll have to take a more direct approuch,"he says as he jumps up throwing a kunai at me.I instictively catch it but then I realize that was a wrong move.
'A letter bomb!'my eyes widen when I see it just as it explodes.
I quickly jumped away ignoring the pain in my hand as it burned from the explosion."Not fast enough and I'll kill you.Now hand over the scroll,"his voice says appeareing behind me."Gina!"I hear
Sasuke call after me.Suddenly a kunai came from behind barely grazing my skin causing the rain ninja to jump up away from me."Your not getting away that easy!"Naruto's voice shouts behind me.I gritt my teeth at his aim but quickly move looking up at him in the air before jumping up puting chakara in my feet to make it more powerful.I take out a kunai and stab it hard into his stoamche where I knew his kidney was.I usually aim at the heart which is usually a more simple and quicker way but I knew a kunai couldn't dig into him as much to cause a serious wound so hiting him there would at least slow him down and knock him out if possible.
Blood spilled out and some landed on my face."Gina..."I heard Naruto say behind me as I take the kunai out and land on the ground and the body lands on the ground by me unconsious."There was no choice.It's survival of the fittest,the strongest live and weak die,you have to be strong to survive in a world like this.We need to get out of here,his team may not be far behind so let's go,"I say calmly.My voice seemed unemotional matching my face completely.
My team quickly noded and followed as I jumped away from there feeling the familiar adraline rush through me.
"Let's stop,"Sasuke suddenly says about minutes later from the accident.I stoped with the others and we all sat down forming a small circle between us."Remember this.If we get seperated again....we can't trust each other blindly!It could end up the way this did,"Sasuke says over to us seeming slightly stressed and alerted."Like what?"I question trying to relax my nerves but I could still feel like someone was watching was."The safest thing is for us to have a secret password.That way,we'll know no matter who they look like or how they sound,if one of us gets that wrong...they're an enemy!"Sasuke whispers to us and I noded understanding slightly."Listen very carefully.I'll say it only once!"
"Just say it already,"I say starting to get impatient with him and he looks over at me before finally talking.
"It's a poem called 'Ninki'-'Ninja Opportunity'-,When I ask for it,here's what you respond.'We thrive in the chaos of the enemy tide.Quiet shinobi don't need dens to hide.Our only concern is to watch and wait...until the enemy lowers the gate,"he finishes and looks at us to confirm we got it."Yeah,"I say noding repeating in my head two times to remember it."And you expect me to remember that....how?"Naruto questions clearly had forgoten about it already causing me to sigh."Idiot.I already got it down,"I say to him slightly proud of myself since I really wasn't as good at things like this.I prefered action than words.
"We need a better password!How about 'swordfish'?"Naruto asks thinking about the first thing that poped into his mind."I'll take the scroll,"Sasuke says ignoring him as he stands up and glances at me to hand it but before I could,something catches my eyes and I notice the cut appearing in Naruto's cheek almost immedietly."Ow!What the....?!"
My eyes widened as more started to come and the wind picked up."A new enemy?!"Sasuke says alarmed.Already?
The wind pushes me back along with an explosion and I immeidetly fall on my stomache into some bushes.I coughed slightly at the impact as silence filled the air.
"Stick around,you two.It coudl be fun!"a voice calls out in the distance.They seemed to be farther away than I thought."I'll go in alone!"
I stand up quietly as I walked through the bushes to find the guys.I glance around just as I hear a rusting behind me.I quickly grab a kunai and throw it where I heard it."Ow!"
My eyes widened when I saw Sasuke there with my kunai on his shoulder."I'm sorry!"I say quickly running over to him but he quickly steps back at me eyeing me warily as he takes another kunai with his free hand."Stay back!Don't come near!What's the password?The 'Ninki',"he says over to me and I glanced around feeling really jumpy in this place.It was starting to get to me.
"Yeah,I know,"I say as I repeat the poem to him and he immedietly relaxes as he puts his kunai away holding his shoulder now looking pained."Sorry about that,"I muttered scratching my neck as I walked over to his side and push his hand away to take the kunai out.He winces when I do and I glance at the ground.Thankfully,I didn't throw it as hard and wasn't too deep.It would just probably be soar.
"Oh...are you guys all right?"
My eyes snap over to where Naruto comes out.I could immedietly tell he was an illusion.Don't they get tired of using the same thing?"Not so fast,Naruto!The password,"Sasuke says to him with narrow eyes."Right,'Ninki',"Naruto says grining at us as he repeats the peom perfectly.I frowned not figuring out how they could've overheard us.
I felt Sasuke tense clearly indicating that he knew as well.He threw a kunai at him to Naruto who barely doged it."Hey!What are you doing,Sasuke?I got the password right!"
"And this time,you're good enough to deflect my attack,"Sasuke states to him as he glared at him."Well done,"Naruto says as he tranforms in a poof of smoke back into his original form.
He was that ninja that handed Anko her kunai back with the tongue."What gave me away?"he asks over to us."I knew you were undergound,eavesdropping on everything we said.That's why I chose that kind of password....the kind the real Naruto would never manage to memorize.Gotcha imposter!"Sasuke says over to him.I frowned slightly at that.Then how would he had known if it had been me instead of Naruto?
"I see...watch and wait,eh?This is going to be more fun than I thought!"the ninja says as he takes of his hat showing his grass village headband.
"Dammit,why is Naruto always the one getting seperated?"I said leting out a sigh just as the person takes out a scroll.I looked at their tongue slightly peeved about it."I suppose you'd like to steal our earth scroll,wouldn't you...?Since you've already got a heaven scroll!"
My eyes widen when I watched them put the scroll in their mouth and swallow it whole."Now...shall we see just who will be stealing scrolls from whom?"
My eyes widened immedietly the moment I spot the illusion.It seemed to hit me like a strong breeze of wind but I barely stummbled thankfully to my eyes and canceled it in time.Sasuke wasn't so lucky.He seemed to freeze up looking like he saw death himself.
He then fell on his knees to throw up.I stayed still feeling not ready to move.The presence of this person made me want to runaway but I knew I couldn't.Not yet.
I glanced at Sasuke landed on his behind panting as he looked at the figure."Gina..."
I stay frozen.I could see his aura.And it scared me.I had never seen such a dark aura.It was just covered in blood and darkness.It was tainted.
"Heh...I imagin you're paralyzed by now..."
I still couldn't move.I don't know why.I didn't fall for the illusion but did he add onto with a ninjutsu or what?What the hell is going on?!
I watched as he threw kunai at Sasuke.I wanted to jump to defend him but my body was still frozen like stone.It seemed to way a hundred tons.
Suddenly my body was picked up and I found myself kneeling down infront of Sasuke who was panting with a kunai stabed into his leg.My eyes widen at the sight as I felt my body slowly snaping out of it.He stabed himself to brake out of the illusion...
"Sasuke!"I say crawling over to him immedietly looking at his injury.He was trembling.I could tell the illusion was probably way worse than my episode."Is there any more injuries?I can probably heal the leg in a few minutes but I need to know-"
His hand clasps on my mouth stoping me from talking as he glances back around the tree warily.He looked in the same jumpy condition as me.My eyes widen as the head of a snake appears infront of me looking at Sasuke deadly.I immedietly start talking but it was muffled against Sasuke's hand.
I had forgoten that was there.I immeditly tore his hand away as I jumped on him tackling him out from the branch just as the snake pounces and bites the air instead."You idiot!"I growl at Sasuke who was wide-eyed looking at the snake who wasn't giving up and chasing after us.
"Get lost!"He growls over to it snaping out of it throwing kunai and shuriken at it making the snake slam into another tree.I land on a branch let go of Sasuke and glance back at the snake panting.
My eyes widened as the skin cracked open and the ninja from earlier started to come out from there.
"For shame,letting your guard down!Stay on your toes,like a good prey should!It makes the chase so much more rewarding....for the predator!"
My eyes widened feeling the same feeling from before overpowerin me as it's eyes land on us.My eyes widened even more as suddenly the body started to twirl around the tree.Suddenly,shuriken and kunai stabed at the spot where he was going to climb next and my eyes snap to where Naruto was."Sorry,Sauske....I can't remember that stupid password!"
I felt a slight hope when I saw Naruto standing there smiling at us with determination.His determination always seemed to give me strength.I couldn't help but smile slightly.
Classic Naruto,showing up late.