Closing Your Eyes Won't Make Me Disappear

A Storm

"There..."
I watched helplessly as I place the wet cloth on Sasuke's head.His breathing was gettng better but his fever has still very high.I healed all the wounds I could find on his body ending on causing pain on myself but whatever Orochimaru had done to him was clearly nothing I had been taught of.I glanced at Naruto who was still unconsious as well.I had to protect both of them.It was my first priority.
I had healed most of Naruto's wound as well thought he didn't have as many.Just bruises and scratches.
I could feel myself become tired.I would've thought I would have fallen asleep a long time ago but I coulnd't.Not with both of them injuried like this.
Suddenly I heard something and I quickly threw a kunai at the spot.My eyes widen when I see the squirrel stop immedietly at the kunai infront of it and quickly turn back.I let out a sigh at my jumpiness not noticing the thing on the squirrels back.
I let out a sigh as I leaned against a tree back keeping my eyes warily around.I felt my eyes slowly start to droop.I can just....close....them...
"Heh heh...you've been up all night standing guard,heh?"
My eyes snaped open to meet the three sound ninja infront of me."As of now,you're off duty.Just wake Sasuke for us.The three of us want to take him on,"the shortest one says that seemed to have a wierd figure with his head tilted to teh side."What the hell do you want now?"
My voice said dry and restless."Tell Orochimaru if he wants Sasuke so bad he can come and fight me instead of sending some of his ninja.Sasuke's in a bad condition thanks to the stupid mark he put on him,so before you fight him,you should let him fully recovery,then you wouldn't stand a chance,"I state to them and their eyes widen in surprise but I really didn't care.I was tired.I was restless.I was hungry.I was freaking tired dammit!
"Hm...I wonder what Orochimaru's up to?!"the one he speaked first question seeming deep in thought."Whatever...I can't walk away after hearing that!I'll destroy you,girl and your little Sasuke too!"the other boy says smriking over at me.I immedietly glared at him."Wait,Zaku!"the first one says to him."Wait?Why?"Zaku quesitons him annoyed."It's obvious...freshly turned stone,expose soul...grass in a place it would never grow...."he says feeling ito the ground causing me to fight back the sigh at them finding them."Someone's been setting booby traps...but what's the point of laying them if you leave evicence that warns your prey?"
I fought back the smirk that wanted to form."It's amateurish!"Zaku says."Well,the girl is no use to us..."the other one says shfiting slightly."So..the person who threw the kunai was trying to stop the squirrel from the springing the trap?"Zaku says now thinking about it.I frowned slightly.I hadn't thought about that.I only did that because I was jumpy and threw it intinctivly when I heard the sound."...so let's eliminate her first."
I smirk as they jump over to me and cut the string besides me causing the log to come down."A log?!The trap was above us all along!No!"
"Very funny!"he adds placing his hand on the lug doing a handsign with the other and it breaks apart a large hold allowing them through it."To be honest...you know you're a complete no-talent don't you?Stop dogging it and start working at it!IT's an insult being under-estimated by slackers like you!"he shouts charging at me and my smirk never phased as I appeared infront of them a few feet from there."What?!"
"And it's an insult to me calling me something I'm not,"I snap back thought thinking back,I usually did.I was about to attack when someone cake between us."Konoha Hurrican Technique!"
My eyes widen at the familiar voice and the three sound ninja fall back as Lee appears infront of me with a squirrel on his shouler."Look at who's talking!Try taking your own advice!"
My eyes widen slightly at his appearence.Where did he come from?"Wh-who are you...?!"
"Konoha's handsome blue beast...Rock Lee!"
I let out a slight sigh fighitng back the smile that wanted to form."Lee....where'd you come from?"I question in my dry voice."You remembered my name...."
I frown slightly at his surprise from that."Well,yeah,not everyday someone I barely know declares their love for me,"I say scratching my neck feeling slightly akward now."I came...because you needed me.And I always will!"he says glancing at me grining as he puts the squirrel on the ground.I felt a smile grow on my face at the sight."Thanks....though you should'nt step into a battle your not part of or don't even know the start of,"I say to him."I promised when we met...to protect you...until death do us part!"
I remembered that time clearly back at the begginging of the exams."It can't be helped...Zaku...little Sasuke is all yours,"the one in front declares throwing the scroll over at them."They're as good as dead!"
'From the looks of it...Gina doens't have any more fight left in her,either'Lee thinks glancing over at me as I rub my cheek tiredly even though I was trying my best to hide it.
I saw the first one charging over at us and I instincivly threw a kunai at him but he simply jumped over it.My eye caught Lee's movement as he punched the ground and suddenly brought a root upwards that slamed into the ninja's fist."This is some kind of illusion,right?So I'd be wasting my time ducking as though your attacks were real,"he states over to him and I had to blink alot to realize he was saying the truth.Am I really too tired that I didn't notice the illusion?!
"I've seen you use these moves before,"Lee adds and I stared at him slightly amazed at his strength.He did beat Sasuke before.Suddenly Lee started to loosen his bandages leting them free as the ninja charges at him.May eyes widen as Lee disapearss from infront of him."Where'd he go?!"
He then appears infront of him and kicks him up in the air.
It's just like what he was going to do to Sasuke before his sensai interfered!
Lee appeared behind him."I'm not done with you yet!"
His bandages started to go around him and put his arms around him so he couldn't move."He's wide open...can't make a move to defenc himself!Oh,crud!"Zaku says making handsigns quickly."Take this!Forward Lotus Technique!"
The came down spining one the ground in the fastest speed I've seen before and in the last second Lee moves out the way.I frown when I see hisbody sticking up from the ground."Phew...looks like I made it..."Zaku mutters with his hands on the ground as the ninja starts to get out."No way!"
"...what a terrifying technique...I managed to land on a pillow of soil...and it still almost wiped me out.But now it's my turn..."he speaks as he stands up and then pulls his sleeve up to show the wierd shiny thing on his arm.I looked at Lee who looked tired from the last move.Lee barely dodged as he threw a punch at him."Your moved may be fast but ours are supersonic!And muscles along can't break down this wall of sound!"
My eyes widen as Lee throws up."Lee!"I shout to him as he holds his left ear where blood was coming out.What the hell?!
"It's this appliance on my arm..you see?It prevents you from blocking my attacks,"the sound ninja explains to them."What did you use?!"I demand looking at Lee who was starting to shake as he held on to his hear."It's sound!Even if you block my fist,the sound waves reach you,"he states toward us and my eyes widen.Sound?!,"do you understand the fundamental nature of soun?"
"Vibrations,"I state to him tenseing up."Precisely.When you hear a soun,it's actually those vibrations displacing the air which trembles against your eardrum.And the human eardrum-the tympanic membrane-ruptures when expose to sound levels in excess of 150 phons.Moreover,if the soun is powerful enough to upset the liquid withint the semi-circular canals of the deepest inner ear...it becomes ompossible for you to maintain yoru balance.Heh heh...and it will be sometime before you equilibrium returns,"the continues over to us.
"So you see,crud,old-fashioned physical arts..simpy don't work against us,"Zaku states taking his hadns from the gound,"You did start out very well,though,it's rare for a foe to force me to reveal the nature of my techniques.But now the tide has turned against you!I can wield sound wqaves as a weapon...with enough force to crush entire boulders!And with a mere thought I can use sound waves to force air into the earth beneath me,transforming rock-hard soil into the softest kind of cuchrion a for more elegant and effective art than your crude application of brute force!"
My eyes widened slightly as I looked at Lee worried at his well being.
"And no...it's your turn!"
he starts to charge at me and I quickly grab out a kunai out stnading up ready for him to attack but again Lee appears inbetween us."What?!"
"Lee!"I shout as he starts to kick him."Konoha Hurricane!"
Lee winces clearly not recovered by the last attack as the ninja block his leg and charge to punch him."My last attack is finally showing some effect!You startled me at first...but now ,where's that fast,laser sharp attack of just a few moments ago?"
Lee blocks the punch but air comes from the thing on his arm."This arm of mine magnifies every little sounf from within to the utmost limits!It's an amplifer!And it goes to 11!And not onlt that,but far from relying on the momentum of my arm swinging...I can use my chakara to firect the power towards my chosen prey,whereever we may lie!"
My eyes widen as it hits Leee and screams falling to the ground."Lee!"
"Now...for the coup de grace!"
"I don't think so!"I growl as I throw shuriken and kunai's at him but Zaku appears infront of him and blows them back with the thing on his hand.I immedietly take out another kunai and block them though one scraped my shoulder. My jacket was over with Sasuke and Naruto.I layed it out for them to lay them down.My arms were all covered in bandages.
Suddenly I felt someone grab my neck tightly."Lovely scars,they seem to clean and careful,obviously by a professional,how about I add on to them,"the voice of the girl says as the rubs her thumb over my jaw where the three straight scars were."Zaku...why don't you finish off Sasuke or one of her other fallen heart-throbs...right in front of this lovesick little pig?The least we can do is entertain her!"she says mockingly and my eyes widen as anger flooded threw me."Hah!Good one!"
I needed to help.They were going to kill them.I couldn't allow it.Not to them...not anymore.I can't let the people I care about die for me anymore....I have to protect them as well.
'My father...my mother....my brothers....my clan....my friends....'
"All right...let's do it."
I stayed still as he slowly started to walk over to them.So many died...I couldn't protect none...
I'm going to change that.All this went against my beliefs.The samurai ways didn't get along with the ninja way.
Risking my life for someone other than in my clan is breaking the law...but I broke it the moment I befriended all of them.The moment I was in a team.The moment I fought alongside with them.
I had broken the Bushido long before this.
'Maybe father was wrong...and trusting people outside the clan...and befriending them...wasn't as bad as he said it...it's made me...stronger'
Anger flooded through me as I could feel chakara flowing through me.Stronger than ever."What are you doing?You better not be planning anything.It won't work on me."
I brought my hands up and did the handsigns."Kin!Finish her now!"
But it was already too late.
I disapeared from their view as Kin tried to stab me with needles."W-what?!"
"You say sound is the fastest..."
They glance around clearly looking for me.
"...let's see what's faster...."
"Where the hell is she?!"
"...sound...."
I finished the handsigns finally as I opened my eyes snaping them open.
"...or wind...