Closing Your Eyes Won't Make Me Disappear

Kabuto

"Cowabunga!"
I watched as Naruto and his
"This isn't exactly easy,ya know!So let's sway jobs!You dive!"
I let out a sigh as I wipe my face feeling the heat geting the best of me.I got up and started walking to another part of the river.
"Hey!Gina!Where are you going?!"
I glance at Naruto who was looking at me."To clean up,"I say to him and he nods before continueing to argue with Sasuke about his job is hard.
I went over and took my jacket off and went over to the rive slowly unwraping my bandages on my arms.I set them besides me and diged in my pouch to find new ones since the old ones look in bad shape.I grabed some water from the river,cleaning my arms.My hand moved along where all the scars were permananently found a home in my skin.I let out a sigh a memories started to flash in my head before continueing to clean up.
I had started wraping my bandages over again,carefully not to a miss a spot or make it loose.I suddenly,heard footsteps coming and I quickly wraped the rest of it just as Sasuke appears.
"We got the fish,are you ready to start the fire?"he asks looking at me but his eyes narrow slightly when he sees me jump up at his appearence as if I've been caught doing something wrong.
"What's wrong?"he asks looking at me suspiciously and glancing around for any sign of anyone else.
"Nothing,"I say quickly grabing my jacket and pulling it on in a swift move and grabing Sasuke's hand pulling him back to the spot.
"Now,let's go eat!"
~~~
"The Second Exam started four days ago...right?"
I look up from the fire over at Sasuke."Yeah,"I confirm going back to looking at the fish that were cooking themselfs."And it began at around 2:30 p.m....so it will be over in less than 26 hours,"Sasuke says glancing over at me."A lot of teams must have finished by now,which means..."I trail off looking at Sasuke who takes out the scroll ignoring Naruto who was singing a song to himself drooling over the fish.
"People will start geting desperate."
"Their ready!"Naruto declares hungrily taking quickly the biggest one and eating it hungrily. He probably wasn´t even paying attention to what we were saying.
I took the closest I could find and took a bite glancing at the earth scrolls."What if...there aren't any more heaven scrolls left,"I think outloud making both of the guys look at me."What do you mean,Gina?"Sasuke asks over to me.
"The second exam is only due to last five days...and four days have already elapsed.That's about 80 percent of the test time.There are are 28 teams of three competing and only 14 of each scroll,heaven or earth.Since you need both scrolls to pass a maximum of 14 teams will succeed.And that was before..Orochimaru burned our heaven scroll,"I say glanceing at them.Sasuke seemed to be getting what I was saying while Naruto looking confused.
"Which means that....."
"...at that point...the number of teams that could possibly pass the test dropped to 13,and we have no way of knowing if all 27 of the other scrolls survived,either.As soon as one of either type is destroyed...one scroll of the other type automatically becomes useless,"I conclude to them."We split up form the rest of the teams from Konoha and had spend two days letting our wounds heal.We'll have to widen our search..to make up for the time and distance we've lost.The next enemy we meet...could be..our last chance!"Sasuke says over to us and I nod agreeing.Sasuke stands up suddenly.
"I'm going to go get some water..."he says as he walks over to the river.I watched him go silently when suddenly Naruto takes the earth scroll."Hey..hey!"
I look at him as he glanced around and thenleans to whisper."There's another way to get a heaven scroll!And we won't even have to throw a punch!"he says to me and I frown."How?"I ask slightly curious as Naruto starts diging into his bag.He them spills out alot of scrolls he had in threre."That..."I question to confirm my thoughts I was having.I was actually surprised NAruto actually studied.
"Yes..this way.If it's scrolls they want,II got million of 'em.Ninjutsu manuals,recipes for poisons,blank scrolls for taking notes...a few brush strokes here,some decoration there,and one of these can pass for a heaven scroll in no time!"Naruto says holding up the scrolls mischeviously."Naruto,even if it looked exactly the same on the outside,we don't know what it looks like in the inside,"I point out to him and he thinks about it as he scratches his chin.
"well,usually,these things have some kind of cryptic password written in them that doesn't make sense until you bring both pieces together.So...yeah!You probably need that password to get into the tower at the end of the exam!I bet you that's it!"Naruto says grining over at me like he figures it all out."We still didn't see the inside of heaven scroll.so we still don't know what it said so there's no point in faking it,"I say over to him trying to reason with him before he tried anything stupid.
"But what if...we could use what we do have to deduce its content..?"
My eyes widen at that as I glance at teh earth scroll he was holding."This earth scroll..."
"Naruto..."I warn him but he held it up."It holds the secret...I'm gonna open it!"
"Naruto!Think about this!Do you remember the rules?We're not supposed to look at themuntil we reach the tower!"I snap at him and he cowers back slightly."But we're in deep dung as it is!"
My gaze softens on him knowing that was true.
Naruto looks at it gulping as he starts to open it."I wouldn't do that if I were you."
My eyes widen as Kabuto appears from out of nowwhere clasping Naruto's handover the scroll."Don't you remember the rules?!"
"An enemy?!"
My eyes snap over to where Sasuke was looking at us.I let out a sigh as we stabd yo,He notices what we were about to do and narrows his eyes at us."You're hopeless!I can't turn my back on you for one minute!Gina, your smarter than that,what were you thinking?!"Sasuke says over to us."Sorry..."I mutter looking away.
"That was close...'those who disobey the rules...will find themselves in sa situation where they willl be forced to withdraw from the exam'.Last time I took this test,everyone who peeked at the scrolls...was hit in the eye with a spell of hypnosis the moment they looked inside.They all lay unconscious here in the forest of death until after the exam was over,"he states toward us."Your name is Kabuto,isn't it?What are you doing wavering aorund by yourself?"Sasuke demands looking at him suspisioucly."Well...I wasn't after your scrolll,if that's what you

re implying,"he states with a smirk on his lips."Probably not..or you could have just stolen it from Naruto right then,"Sasuke say thinking about it,"but your're still after the heaven scroll,too,aren't you?"
"Nope...I've already got a set,"he says showing the two scrolls,"but I got seperated from my tem.I'm on my way to join up with them at the tower now.See you around!"
I watched as he walked away when Sasuke stoped him."Wait!"
Kabuto stops and glances back at us."Fight me."
"Fight you...?!"
"Sasuke..."I say looking at him who dones't take his eye of Kabuto."Have you lost your mind?!"Naruto shouts at him."Are you joking?"Kabuto quesitons with an amused look on his face."I wish I were...but our time is almost up,"Sasuke says glaring at him.
"Sasuke think!Kabuto just saved our butts,you know!"Naruto shouts trying to get soem sense into him."Naruto's right,"I say noding at him causing Sasuke to look at me slightly shocked that I was on Naruto's side before glareing at me and turning back to look at Kabuto."Shut up..!"
I gritt my teeth as I held onto Naruto who was outraged as he tried to get him."he never thinks of anyone but himself!"
"there's no other way.I tried to warn you before.Challenging him is the only way we'll be out of the forest in time to pass this test,"Sasuke says geting into a fighting stance."That's a lie."
We all stop as we look at Kabuto surprised."..A lie..?"
"You're more interested in making a big gesture than in reaching your goal....otherwise you woudln't have run the risk of issuing that pretentions formal challenge.You put me on guard and assured yourself a fair fight.If you were truly committed...you would have just blindesided me.THat's what being a ninja is all about,"Kabuto says pushing his glasses back smirking.
"I don't think less of you for being that way.In fact...let me show you the path you should tread.But let's move while we discuss it.The smoke from your fire and the aroma of those fish you roasted can be smelled for quite a distance.By now every wild animal or enemy in the area must be moving in on us."