Closing Your Eyes Won't Make Me Disappear

Tournament

"As I mentioned earlier,you will conduct your final round battles in front of everyone.Each of you represents the battle strengths of your respective lands...so we want you to exhibit and fully showcase your various talents.And this the finals...will commence one month from now!"
I frowned slightly at the news but of course,Naruto was the first one to speak up."We're not doing it right here,right now?"he asks clearly confused and upset."We call this the requisite preparation period..."the hokage says smirking at Naruto expecting his reaction.
"What do you mean?"Neji questions not catching on neither."Well...it's a period of time that allows us to relay results of the preliminaries to the rulers and shinobi leaders of each land..and to summon them to the finals..and it also serves as a preparation period for you applicants,"the hokage explains to us taking his pipe out from his mouth.
'This old geezer,he always beats around the bush..'Kankuro thinks annoyed by his answer.
"I still don't get it!What do you mean?"
"You must prepare to understand your enemy and understand yourself.DUring this period,you can analyze the intelligence you have gathered on your foes during the preliminaries and use it to increase your chances of victory.Even though,up to this point,all the battles have been real battles...they were conducted on the premise that you were fighting an 'unknown enemy',"the hokage explains and I nod started to understand it slightly.We didn't know what we were up against until we watched or fought the battles.Now,we know what to expect form everyone.
"However,the finals are a diffrent story,some of you probably ended up exposing everything you've got in front of your rivals...and some of you may gone up against comparatively strong opponents and found yourslef badly injuried.In order to make the finals fair and just,we give you this month.Each of you must embrace the opportunity to practice hard,learn some new tricks...and of course get some rest,as well!"
I let out a sigh at that.Relaxing was out the question the moment I said I would enter the Chunnin Exams as well.
"So those are the basics.I would like to let you all go now,but first..ther'es one last thing we must do for the finals."
"Hey,come on!I need to start training now!"Naruto shouts over to him frustrated at all this."Now then,don't beso impatient...there are slips of paper inside the box Anko is holding...each of you,take one,"the hokage orders as Anko comes over to us with a box in her hands."I'll come around so line up,okay?"
Anko came over to everyone and finally got to me.I grabed the first paper that I got and looked at it.
"All right..doesn everybody have one now....?Then starting at the left,each of your read out the number written on your slip!"
"I have 11,"Tatsuya calls out.
"I have 10,"Dosu says.
"I got 1!"Naruto says frowning impatiently.
"9,"I say crumbling the piece of paper into my pocket.
"7,"Temari says.
"5,"Kankuro grummbles.
"4,"Gaara mutters emotionlessly.
"8,"Shikarmaru grunts.
"2,"Neji states.
"6,"Shino's voice calls out.
"So Uchiha will be number 3..."Ibiki says writing out something on a clipboard."Good!"
"And now I will reveal...the match order for the tournaments-style finals!"the hokage announces cuasing many of us to be taken back."What?!"
"So that's what the drawing was for?!"Shikamaru says catching on quickly.
"Well,Ibiki,show them the pairings."
I looked at the battles taking my time in reading each one.
1.Uzunaki Naruto vs. Hyuga Neji
2.Uchiha Sasuke vs. Gaara
3.Kankuro vs. Aburame Shino
4.Temari vs. Nara Shikamaru
5.Dosu Kinuta vs. Tsubasa Tatsuya
6.Ronin Gina vs.

So my opponent was either Dosu or Tatsuya and they bothed seemed powerful.I immedeitly looked over at the sound ninja who was looking at Tatsuya who was looking at me.All thinking the same thing about this.
'This is almost too perfect...all I need is to wipe the sound ninja off and that'll leave me with the girl...'Tatsuya says glaring over at me as I looked back at the hokage.
"Now then...it's time for you to go plan your strategies,rest up,or whatever you please.We're all finished here...unless any of you have questions?"the hokage says over to us and Shikamaru raises his hand up."May I?"
"Sure!"
"No!That's not the case!For the finals you will be observed by any judges...not only me,but the Kazekage and teh rulers and shinobi leaders of countries that will be requesting missions,as well.Based on your performance in the tournament,those judges will assign you an absolute value and all those who are deemed to have sufficient ability to be a journeyman ninja...even those who may have lost in the first roung...can become chunnin,"the hokage explains to use and I noded understanding it."Do you mean...it's possible that all of us here culd become chunnin?"Temari asks over to his and he nods."Yes."However,it is also possible that none of you will becomechunnin!The advantages of fighting in more rounds in the tournament is in having a greater number of opportunities to display your talents for the judges,does that answer your question,Shikamaru?"
Shikmaru just nods over to him and the hokage nods ."Well then,good work,all!You are dismissed until one month from now!"
I let out a sigh as I glance up to see Kakashi gone now.He probably went to go see Sasuke in the hospital."Gina!Where's Kakashi-sensai?!"
I glare slightly at Naruto."Naruto...don't scream...I'm right next to you,"I say over to him and he grins scratching his head."He's probably with Sasuke,let's go."