Closing Your Eyes Won't Make Me Disappear

Hatake Kakashi

I watched as Naruto peeked out from the doors and looked around for what seemed the millionth time. I let out a sigh as I sat next to Sasuke with my head on the desk almost falling asleep. "Why are we the only cell... whose teacher hasn't show up yet?!"
My eyes snaped open at Naruto's outburst and I sighed. "All the other teams have already gone off with their teachers. Even Iruka-sensai has gone!"
"What are you doing?"
I looked up at Sasuke's voice to see Naruto snickering as he puts the board eraser in between the doors as a prank. "It's what he gets for making us wait!" he declares laughing as he jumps off the table he was using. "Hm," I mutter closing my eyes back up. "No way could a superior shinobi be caught by such a simple booby trap!" Sasuke says from besides me. Just then I hear the doors sliding and I open one eye just to see the eraser falling right on the person's head. Almost immedietly, Naruto burst out laughing. I chuckled as I shook my head. "Gotcha! Good one!" Naruto shouts pointing at him while laughing.
'So..this is our elite shinobi leader? He looks completly worthless!' Sasuke thought glaring at the man who just entered.
'Hm, I could've fallen for it as well,' I ponder closing back my eyes as a yawn escapes. "Hmm... How shall I put this? Based on my first impession, I'd have to say... I hate you."
'Harsh'
~~~
"I was just getting comfortable..." I mutter to myself as we sit down on the roof. I lay against the step behind me next to Sasuke while Naruto was on his other side. I layed down against the step behind me and gaze up at the sky watching wind pass by. Something that my clan could only see. Our eyes were sensitive to any movement and could see the small things that passed by. It was amusing though annoying at times. "Now, I'd like you all to tell us a little about yourselves," Kakashi starts looking bored. "Like what?" Naruto asks him and he shrugs. "... You know. The usual... your favorite thing... what you hate most... dreams, ambitions, hobbies. Things like that," he says shruging. "Help us out here, couch. You go first. Show us how it's done," Naruto complains at him, "After all, you're a complete stranger to us...a mystery," Naruto adds persistingly to him and he sighs. "Oh.. me? My name is Hatake Kakashi. I'm the kind of person who deosn't feel like talking about his likes and dislikes. My dreams for the future are none of your business... but anyway, I have lots of hobbies..." he says. So much for helping us out. "Hey... he said a lot...." Naruto says mostly to himself causing me to smirk. ".. But all we really learned was his name," I point out to him. "Now, it's your turn. Starting with you on the right," Kakashi says pointing to Naruto. "Me, right?! My name is Uzumaki Naruto! What I like is instant cup ramen! What I like even better is when Iruka-sensai treats me to ramen at the Ichiraku Noodle Bar! What I hate is the three minute wait after I pour in the boiling water. My dream is to one day..."
'He appears to have nothing more on his mind than ramen...' Kakashi points out watching the boy.
Did all he talk about was ramen? I had to remind myself never to treat him to ramen unless I was packed with money. He could be worse than Shouhei.
"...Be a better shinobi than the Lord Hokage and then all the villagers will have to acknowledge my existence at last!" he finishes proudly.
'Well... Hasn't he turned out interesting...' Kakashi says smiling mostly to himself at the boy.
"My hobbies are.. pranks and practical jokes, I guess."
"Next!"
"My name is Uchiha Sasuke. There are plenty of things I hate, but I don't see that it matters, considering there is almost nothing I do like. It seems pointless to talk about 'dreams'... That's just a word.. but what I do have is determination. I plan to restore my clan and there's someone I have sworn... to kill," Sasuke finishes off.
'Sure hope it's not me...' Naruto says looking at Sasuke nervoulsy.
'...I suspected as much...' Kakashi frowns looking at the him.
"The young lady..." he states over to me. "I'm Ronin Gina, I like sleeping and watching things in the sky, I hate waking up or when my bed's uncomfortable or when I can't sleep. My hobbies are sleeping,and watching stuff..." I trail off without looking at any of them but kept my gaze on the sky watching the wind pass by with some leaves.
'Her concept of a hobby is doing nothing I presume...' Kakashi says sighing watching me look at the sky.
"..and for my dream..."
My gaze on the sky hardens as I felt myself tense up. "Is to become stronger and search for my clan."
'So she wants to go save them...'Kakashi thinks looking away from me to the whole team and sighing. "Enough, I believe we all understand one another. Formal training begins tomorow," he declares to us. "Yes sir! What will our duties be?! Our first real mission?!" Naruto asks exitedly about the whole thing. "Our first project involves only the members of this cell," Kakashi says without looking at us. "What, what is it?!" Naruto says impatiently. "Survival exercise."
"Survival exersice?" Naruto questions clearly confused. I sighed as I glance over at our sensai. "We did many survival training at school," I mutter over to him. "But you've have to survive.... against me. It won't be your typical practice," he explains to us simple as possible. "Well the what kind of practice will it be?" Naruto asks confused at all this and suddenly Kakashi starts laughing. "What are you laughing at?!" Naruto questions glaring at him. "Oh, nothing. It's just that... If I told you, you'd chicken out," he says smiling at us. Or at least that's what it looked like. "Chicken out..? Why?!" Naruto demands wanting to know about it. "Of the thirty members of your graduating class, only 12 will actually be accepted as junior-level shinobi. The other s must go back for more training. The test we are about to perform has a 66% rate of failure," he declares to us and I frown and our expressions makes Kakashi start to laugh. "See? You're chickening out already!" he says pointing to us.
"That sucks! We have been through it all! What about our graduation test?!" Naruto exclaims to him angrily. "Oh! We wanted to eliminate all the hopeless cases from your ranks. The ones who are left are the only students who show true potential."
"Say what?!"
"In any event we'll meet tomorow morning on the practice field so I can evaluate each of your skills and weaknesses. Bring all of your ninja tools and weapons and don't have breakfeat before hand... unless you enjoy throwing up," he adds standing up and starts to walk to us.
"The details of your assignment are in this hand out. Memorize it and don't be late!" he says handing us some papers. "Throw up?! How hard I this exercise going to be?!" Naruto exclaims thinking about his stomache. I sighed as I closed my eyes up.
This might not end up good.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have this story almost done in Quizilla actually, just that Mobba is so much better the way I see it! So yeah I'll be updating frequently, so check in guys! Thanks. Lavi out.