Closing Your Eyes Won't Make Me Disappear

Trust

"Things seem quiet,"Naruto states as we run closer to Amarante.If it wasn't for the giant trees that grew there,we could've probably seen it.
"It's the calmness before the storm,"me and Ryuji say at the same time.We look at each other eyebrows raised and I coudln't help but smile slightly.
"Are you sure you guys don't like each other?" Shouhei questions appearing inbetween us. My eyes widen slightly and Ryuji frowns."Like?"he asks slightly confused at Shouhei who looked over to him.
I just looked back at the path we were taking. I wouldn't lie,meeting Ryuji back in Usagi had made things easier for me.Though I don't see him any more than just a friend.He's just been there for me so I'm used to him.Ryuji just knows what I've been through and I've known him since I was 7.And he gave me hope that I could get to my brother in time.
"That's the entrance but I think word got out that ninja were coming in so there might me samurai hding by the trees,"Ryuji calls out as we approuch the giant forest."Spread around,remember what Lady Tsunade said,the less violence the better,"Takahiro calls out and everyone nods as they spread out slightly.
We enter the woods and start walking now since Amarante wasn't that far off now.I catch something move suddenly and I immedietly tense up but then I see a woman there in bundles with a baby in her hands.Her baby seemed to be asleep and she just cradled it like she was in a trauma.I squinted closer to see the baby was dead.
I immedietly look away and continued walking. 'I had forgoten how bad things were here...'
"I hate how my father has made this place,"Ryuji mutters looking at the ground."It's not your fault your father's a selfish bastard,"I say over to him and he simply grunts.
"There it is,"Kakashi says as the village starts to appear.The small houses that looked like they would fall apart in any instant.It looked like they were made of mud,burned,and then put mud all over it again with leaves and wood.People were barely out and the ones who were out were laying against the buildings or some bodies were actualy dead.I notice a small boy and girl in a corned huddled together.
I looked away and walked faster."This is..."Naruto mutters looking shocked at the condition.It looked way worse than before I left.At that time,at least there weren't dead bodies laying around.And some people would act like their life's weren't so bad.Everything looked so dead now.
"I heard that the war had been going on for 2 weeks now and most of the fighting was done but some are just hiding waiting for some pray to come by,"Ryuji says glancing around cautiously.
"Look what we have,ninja,"a voice says besides us and we look to see some man standing there looking at us like we were food."Are they samurai?"Naruto questions eyeing them up and down.
"No,their just criminals,"Ryuji says looking at them."They're weak and desperate.Most of the ones we should be afraid of have left to go rob from another village that actually has wealth and food,"Ryuji says as he continues to walk,"we'll come across alot of them so just let them be."
I nod and continue following Ryuji without any question."Is the dungeon in the same place?"I ask remembering about the place I detested the most."No and yes.Ever since the war they've been locking many people who rebbel in there but they've made worser dungeons for experienced and dangerous people and clans while the simple ones are at the normal one.If Gin hasn't escaped,he's probably in the new dungoen,"he explains to me and I nod understanding.That would cause problems.We would have to go deep into the dungeons then.
"We'll go through the trading passway,ever since the Rebellion,they have shut it down because many people who attacking the traders and stealing the food,so it should be empty,we'll just have to go past the samurai and Nishi's."
I looked at Ryuji slightly surprised that he knew all this.Don't get me wrong,I never underestimate my master but I never knew he knew as much.Since he was the youngest,he didn't do as much fighting or work in the military as Mitsuru."When did you get so caught up in all this?"
"Once you were gone,boredom hit,"Ryuji says grining at me and I sighed at him."Yeah,I just hope you didn't lose your fighting shape while I was gone,"I say over to his teasingly and he snorts."Yeah right,I should be the one worrying about that since I was the one that taught you most of it,"he says matter-of-factly causing me to roll my eyes."Sure."
"Watch out!"
I was suddenly tackled and I look up to see Sasuke glaring at me."Idiot!If you hadn't been flirting you would've noticed the guy coming at you!"he snaps at me angrily as he gets out a kunai and throws it over at a guy who had fallen and pierced him with his shirt onto a tree."Flirting?What are you talking about?!"I demand pushing him off as I stand up as more robbers come out over to us.I glanced over at Ryuji who was over by Kakashi and Naruto.
"You heard me!Ever since the Nishi showed up,you act like you haven't known us you entire life and just follow him like a lost puppy!"he snaps back as he blocks a guy with a knife and kicks him away.
"That's not true!If I was acting like I didn't know you I would've ignored you!"I say back at him as I take a guy's fist and throw him aside and kick him away.
"That's exactly what you doing!All you've been doing is be by him and talk!I'm surprised your not by him this instant!"he says from behind me though I cound'nt see him cause I was dodgin a a fist and catching a kick.
"I know he can fend for himself in battle,if he needs me I'll go to him.He's my master,I'm supposed to be by his side.It's the way of the Bushido!"I snap back at him as I walk backwards glancing around incase anymore showed up.Suddenly I felt something bump into my back and I immedietly turned around clashing my kunai into another kunai.It took me moment to realize it was Sasuke.He was glaring at me and I glared back at him.Both of us panting and looking at each other.
"You didn't care about the Bushido until he showed up,"he whispered to me as his glare disapears and it shows a soft,almost pleading look.
I steped away from him."That's not true."
"Isn't one of the rules to trust no one outside the clan?You trust us,don't you?Kakashi-sensai,Naruto,Lee,Shouhei,Tami....me?"
I panted slightly as I looked at Sasuke who was looking back at me.It seemed like forever that we stayed like that."Of cou-"
"You alright,Gina?"Ryuji's voice cut in and Sasuke rolled his eyes in annoyance as he looks away.I kept looking at him before Ryuji's face appeared infornt of me."Hello?Your not hurt by some simple robbers were you?"he asks teasefully and I just put my kunai up and start walking towards the Nishi's palace frustrated at all this. I just felt so freaking helpless at this moment that I was fighting the urge to breakdown and cry.
'I just want my brother.'
~~~
"There it us."
I glanced at the large entryway that was wide open.It looked like it could fit a train in it."Whoa.Can't many people come in through here?"Naruto exclaims looking at it."Yeah,but not many can find their way out.There are many tunnels and holes here so you have to know your way around,"Ryuji explains."Okay guys,this it what we'll do,you guys Ryuji and I'll go gather up the rest of the teams,"Kakashi says to us and we nod.He immedietly left and Ryuji started walking in.We all followed close behind.I tried to stay as far from Sasuke as I could.I really didn't know the answer for what he asked.Maybe he was right.But I still couldn't admit it somewhere like this.
I couldn't make the choice.What if I decided to stay here?What if I went back to Konoha?I just don't know what to do.The only thing I want now is my brother.He can make things better.He always did.
"Through here,it'll lead through the final hall which will lead us to the main dungeon,"Ryuji whispers as he makes his way into darkness.I put my arm out to feel a tunnel there and go inside after it ignoring the slight panic it was bringing that I coudn't see.
I could not see and it was freaking me out.I really was.There might be a possibility that I'm afraid of the dark but there also might not be.
The only time I panic about not being able to see is in stressful situations I guess.Like in the middle of the fight or before or after one.I just can't stand not being to see.Not the darkness.Just not seeing.
I felt the wall disapear that was leading me and I immedietly started to touch for anything panicking.I immedietly felt someone and grabed onto them quickly."Who is this?"Sasuke's voice rang and I immeditly regretting doing that."It's me.Now shut up and go.I can't see,"I mutter not pleased as I hung onto his arm tightly."It's not like I can see either,"Sasuke states to me annoyed."Just shut up and walk,"I snap at him getting frustrated with him though it was me that was hanging onto him."It's easier said than done when you're the one hanging of from me,"he snaps back at me."It's not like-"
"Sh!We're about to enter the final hall!"Ryuji's voice hissed from infront of us.I immedietly shut up and then notice something."Hey Sasuke,"I whisper glancing around in the darkness."What now?"he whispers back seeming annoyed."Naruto's been really quiet.He usually would be complaining or something,"I whisper at him back and his body tensed up.
"Naruto?"he calls out and I glance around for any sign of voice or movement.
Dead silence.
~~~
"This is not fair!I can't see!Where is everyone?I swear if you guys are playing a prank on me I'll get you!"Naruto's voice says panicking in the darkness trying to find himself back with his teammates but he suddenly feels the ground give in and he immedietly tries grabbing for anything in the darkness but fails and his body begans to fall.
"Ahhh!"