Closing Your Eyes Won't Make Me Disappear

The New Mission

"Where's Kakashi-sensai?"
I glance around for any sign of our sensai in the building.Finding him no where.Is he going to be late again?Not a shocker."Some sensai he is being the last one here."
"Kakashi won't be joining you on this mission,"Tsunade states and we all look at her shocked,"our forces are stretched now as it is and all jonnin are already on missions,including Kakashi."
I nod along with the others understanding since what happened in the Chunin Exams.
"Alright,so what's the mission?"Sasuke acts her.He's become more talkitive lately.I've noticed.
"It's a B-rank,an escort mission of a very important person but if you run into trouble it could quickly turn into an A-rank,"Tsunade explains and I could feel myself get slightly exited.Things have been boring lately and I've been dreading for some action. Especielly when Gin literally forces me to be back home before curfew. He's overprotective if you haven't noticed.
"So who are we escorting?"Naruto asked though he looked like he didn't care."I don't know."
I frowned looking at the hokage as if to see if she was playing with us."How can we escort someone when no one knows who we're supposed to escort?"I question her confused.
"Every 4 years,our neighbors the Land of Tea holds a special race and we're recieved a note asking for an escort,however the group that was supposed to deliever this note was ambushed.Go to the Land of Tea and talk to the head there and he'll tell you all you need to know,"she says to us and we nod and walk outside.
"Okay,let's go back and meet up 30 minutes,"Sasuke says over to us and Naruto immedietly disagreed."Who made you boss?!"
I sighed and shook my head."Naruto,just go,"I say and he frowns still glaring at Sasuke but walks off.
Me and Sasuke start walking together since both of lived in the same complex.
"So what happend?"
I glance at Sasuke who was looking straight ahead.I gulped as I looked away.I was hoping he forgot about our deal."I...Let's not talk about it now,"I say to him and he looks at me frowning."Then when?"
Luckily,the apartments appear and I quickly walk up the stairs and over to my apartment."When the time's right."

I open the door and was meeted by a pillow hiting me on the head."Ha!"a voice says infront of me.I took it off and glared at Gin who was smirking laying on the couch eating some instant ramen.Ever since he moved in,the apartments been a mess.There's cloths and food everywhere.
"Get up and go get a job or soemthing,"I say throwing the pillow back at him as I walk into my room.Since my apartment only had one room,I forced him to sleep on the couch though he sometimes tries to sneak into the bedroom.
"And work with ninja?No thank you,Gina,"he calls out.I grab a bag from a my closet and start to pack up.I grabed some saved yen from previous missions and put it in a small bag to leave with Gin to buy more food.He has a big hunger compared to mines.He doens't like going out though.He's not used to it so he stays locked up in the apartment most of the time."Where are you going?"Gin asks appearing in the doorway looking at me suspiosiously."I have a mission in the Land of Tea,"I say as I pack some cloths and other things I might need.
"Land of Tea?Is it like,made of tea?"Gin questions confused at the name.I just shruged really not knowing either.My father hadn't really talken about that place so we didn't know about it till now.
"How long are you going to be gone?"
"I don't know,there's still some food in the fridge,if you run out,the grocery stop is a few roads away,just walk straight until you see a big orange building that says 'grocery store'.I left some yen,"I say throwing him the bag of yen."Be careful."
"I will,you and Ryuji taught me well,didn't you?"I ask puting the bag over my shoulder and he smirks smugly."Of course!I don't know about Ryuji though,he sucks,"Gin says bluntly and I laugh as I past him."Don't get into trouble,if you need something,go ask Tami,"I say to him and he snorts."I don't need help!"
"Sure,take care,"I call out as I walk out."Same!"he calls out as I close the door.I start to walk down the stairs and finally came to the ground."About time."
I glance over to see Sasuke waiting patiently against the wall."Were you waiting?"I ask slightly surprised.He just looks away as he walks toward me."No,"he says with a hint of sarcasm and I smiled slightly as he smirked over at me."You take your time,"he states and I sighed."No,Gin kept pestering about where I was going,and I had to tell him what to do incase there was an emergency and he ran out of food or something,"I said to him and he looked down at me amused."What did you tell him?"
"To go into your apartment,"I say grining and his eyes widen and narrow at me."What?!"
I couldn't help but chuckle."I told him to go to the grocery shop,"I say poking Sasuke's cheek and Sasuke relaxes though scowls when I poked him.
We appear in the gate to see Naruto already there.He saw us coming and waved at us to hurry up.We approuched him and he grined."About time!"
So the mission starts.
~~~
"Hey Gina,are you hungry?"Naruto asks out of now where breaking the silence in the air.I glanced at him as he looked at me hopefully.
'If I tell Sasuke if we could stop to eat,he'll just say no!But if I have Gina on my side...he'll deffinently have to say yes!'Naruto cheers in his head looking at me hopefully.
"I guess..."I say scratching my head slightly unsure of what to say."Great!And look we're right next to a Tea House,let's stop for some chow!"Naruto declares grabing my hand and started to drag me to a small inn.Why do I think he somewhat planed this?
We entered the small in.I glanced around feeling comfortable in the place.I glanced around to see we were the only people here rather than one more person in the far corner.We sat down on a table.Naruto sat on one side and Sasuke say infrotn of him and I sat next to Sasuke.
"Hello,how can I help you?"a lady asks as she handed us some tea."I'll have the bean soup!"Naruto says eagerly already knowing."Chicken dumplings and some riceballs,"I say to her and she noded and looked at Sasuke."Just rice is fine."
She left us and started walking off to get our orders.I let out a sigh as I leaned ont he chair lazily pulling my hood up.I notice the person in the back get up and start walking to us.
"Ninjas huh,I guess you guys don't get much action around these parts seeing as you look kinda out of shape,"he says looking at us and I frown slightly while Naruto glared at him while Sasuke ignored him."What did you say?We get plenty of action!Don't you say one bad thing about us!"Naruto snaps at him.I just no though I still didn't consider myself a full ninja.
"Naruto,calm down,"I say over to him."Well,hey there pretty little thing,I didn't see you there,"he says looking at me and leaning on the table completekly ignoring the guys now shileding my view from the other guys."Oh,um,thanks,"I say slightly nerved by this feeling Sasuke stiffen besides me.
"Well,I guess we should start talking about our future,"he continues smoothly at me making me mroe confused.He's worser than Lee,who at least doesn't flirt like this.Really,I don't care.Just as long as they don't think I'm really interested.The only goal for me right now is become stronger.
"And that would be?"I question raising an eyebrow at him.I could hear someone growl by me.I wans't sure if it was Sasuke or Naruto though.
"That future where you quit this batch of idiot ninjas and run away with me,so what's your name?"
"Back off.Gina,switch places with me,"Sasuke snaps over at me."Gina huh?That's a pretty name,"he compliments and I felt my face heat up now slightly.I really wasn't used to compliments.
"Hey,punk,quit hiting on her before I start to hit you!"Naruto shouts over at him and the guy rolled his eyes."Chill out,I was just joking,jeez,"he says as he stands up puting his hands up in defense."I'll just be on my way then,"he says shooting me a wink before he ran off in incredieble speed.My eyes immedietly widen at the speed.
"Wow,"I say looking at the spot where he once stood."Here's your bill,"the lady came back giving us two bills."What's the second one for?"I question holding them up."Oh,that's from you're young friend,he said you wound pay for him."
My eyes widened and Naruto and Sasuke were immedietly angered.Sasuke leaned down on the ground and pressed his ear the floor listening for his footsteps.
"What?!Why that little...!"Naruto shouted and I let out a sighed as I tried looking for more yen in my bag.
"He's pretty far away but nothing we can't catch,"Sasuke says standing up and then ran out the door with Naruto at his heels.They really want to catch him,huh?
"The moneys on the table!"I call out to the lady puting the yen on the table before talking off after them.
I caught up to them in a few minutes and we started to run.I glanced infront for any sign of us catching up to him."He's far,"I muttered quickening my pace easily."I told you he's fast,"Sasuke says glancing back at me."I don't care if he's fast or not.He's not getting away!"Naruto declares running faster.
I glanced back to see the person a few miles ahead.Suddenly,he trips over a root and because he was running so fast,he flew in the air about five feet till he hit a tree and got stuck there.I coudln't help but smirk widely."Come on,this is our chance,"Sasuke as says and we jump to the trees just above where the guy had landed."Now we got you!"Naruto shouts at him making the guy look up at us."You got some nerve dumping your bill on us like that,"Sasuke snaps at him glaring."I guess,I agree,"I mutter as the two guys jump down to face the guy.
I sighed as I jumped after them."I'm sorry!All my money was stolen and then you guys showed up,I shouldn't have done it but I didn't know what to do and I'm sorry!"he says over to us and our eyes widen shocked at his apology.Then a pocket knife fell from the trees and hit Naruto on the head."Hey...what's this..?"
Naruto says bending down to pick it but the guy snatched it before Naruto could even touch it."It's mine,don't touch it,"he snaps at him as he stood up."On you mark,get set,go!"
He takes off some leg weights,droping them on the ground causing a bunch of dust to cloud our view of the stranger.When it did clear up,the guy was already miles away from us.
"Aww!He got away!"Naruto pouts."Whatever,but next time I see him,I''m not gonna stop my self from pounding him,"Sasuke says as he turned away from where the stranger just ran off to.
I looked strangely at the both of them."I really don't get guys,"I say and then laughed at Naruto's and Sasuke's expression.They just sighed as we continued our trip to the Land of Tea for our mission.I let out a sigh in disapointment causing Sasuke to look at me."What's wrong?"
"I didn't get to eat the riceballs."