Closing Your Eyes Won't Make Me Disappear

They'd Get Along If They Met

"Naruto,calm down and leave him alone already,"I say over to Naruto who was glaring at Idate.Their constant fighting was getting to me.They were almost worse than Gin and Ryuji. Almost.
Idate went over to the line and I glanced around."Where do you think this other ninja is?"I ask remembering that the other competitor will have ninja as well."I don't know but we can make sure that he's around here somewhere,"Sasuke replies glancing around suspisouly.
I glance at Idate who was looking up at the sky.I glanced as well noticing the wind moving its way to us.I frowned.If the boats are sailing from his direction,that might cause major probelms.
"On your mark,get set,go!"
I glanced at the runner for Wagarashi who went straight for the boat while Idate ran noth.I frowned immedietly confused."Hey,where's he going?!"Naruto yelled in the same state as me and the three of us went running after him."Idate,where do you think you're going?!"
"Where is he going?"I question confused."I don't know but we should be able to catch up to him soon,"Sasuke said to us as we ran even faster.
We caught up to Idate soon and Naruto jumped down to run next to Idate.Naruto started to shout at him but Idate just ran faster which angered Naruto of course."Hey,wait up!!"Naruto called out as he started to fall behind.My eyes snap back to the front and I immedietly saw it."Stop!"I call out grabing Sasuke's arm immedietly.Idate glanced over at us hearing but looked back at the front and continued to run."What is it?"Sasuke demands over to me confused."Genjutsu,"I say puting my hands up to the sign."Release,"I say quickly and glance at Naruto."Wait up!"I shout and started to run.Sasuke followed behind me and I looked to see Idate also notice the genjutsu and to the cancel it.Only ninja or samurai can actually feel genjutsu's.He has to be more than just a simple runner.My eyes widen when I see another genjutsu.Did they put two?
"There."Idate says in victory as he ran for what seemed to be the way out."Dammit!Idiots!"I shout at them seeings cleary through the genjutsu and start running faster to catch up with them."Huh?Wha-Gina?"Naruto spun arund confused and I sighed knowing the genjutsu was working on him.Realization came over and he ran ahead for Idate."Idate!!!"he called to where we could see his figue falling off something.It was a cliff.My eyes widen when Naruto starts to fall to. I quickly take out a rope from my back and start to make the knot.I made it over and threw it down barely catching Naruto and tied the rope on the rock.Naruto was holding onto Idate's leg as I peeked over."Idiots,"Sasuke mutters looking down at them."You idiot you're not even going in the right direction and then when you ignore us then we have to save you!"Naruto shouts at him as Idate glares at him."I don't need you ninja you should just go home!"he shouts and starts to squirm around.
"Hey!Stop that!I'm still holding you over a cliff!"Naruto shouts as his tools fell out his pounch that came unhooked from Idate's squirms."Ahh!My ninja tools!!!"
I sighed along with Sasuke and both of us start to pull the two up.After finally being pulled up,I did the handsigns and released the second genjutsu.I looked at Idate and Naruto who were just fighting.
"I should just throw you over this cliff right now!Because of you I lost all of my ninja tolds!"
"Then why don't you?!Oh right,it's becasue you're bound by duty!"
"Naruto cool it,he's right we're bound by duty and until this mission is over,we've gotta keep him safe whether we like it or not,"Sasuke says not sounding as pleased about admiting it either.
"Idate,why are you even running in this direction?"I question at him confused.
"Did you note the winds?At this time of year there are pretty harsh seasonal winds but their better at the pier to the north.If I can get there then I'll have the upper hand,"he explains and I nod understanding."Your smarted than I thought,I did notice the winds.I didn't know there was another hardbor other than the one back there though,"I say to him and he smirks proudly.
We all continued to run and after some time I could smell the ocean smell and waves crashing sounds were heard in the distant."Hey I smell salt!"Naruto announced."The ocean!"I say as it appears and I smiled looking at the view."Hold on,I'll be right back,"Idate said and ran over to the boat owner and talked to him a little before coming back and we were soon going across the ocean.Sasuke was steering the boat while me and Naruto were seting the the sails."Man,I really hate the guy,talking to us like that,I saved his life!"Naruto complains to me and I sighed over to him."Give him some break,he knew the first genjutsu was there,I saw him.He would make a good ninja if he worked on it,"I said to him and Naruto looked at me shocked."Get real!That knucklehead could never be a ninja!"he shouts at me and I sighed."Naruto,last time I checked,Kakashi-sensai gave you that title,"I said to him and he pouts."C'mon Gina,give me some credit,I did make it to the final rounds of the Chunnin Exam didn't I?!"he whines at me and I smiled at him noding."You made it to the final round of the Chunin Exams?!"Idate gasps looking at Naruto shocked who put his hands behind his head."Yeah,me and Gina did,"Naruto starts to say but I cut in,"and Sasuke."."Yeah whatever but anyway if I hadn't been interrupted in the middle I would've passed the test and became a chunnin!And Gina would've kicked the guys butt too if she hadn't forfieted for no reason!"Naruto exclaims glaring at me.I see he still hasn't forgoten about that.
"It seems that the Chunin Exams lowered their standards,"he said without thinking looking angry but then gasped at what he said.I suddenly realize soemthing."Morino Idate."Sasuke says seeming to have to figure it out as well."Yeah,wasn't the proctor for the first exam Morino Ibiki?"I ask glancing at Sasuke who noded confirming."Yeah that was him."
"What?!My brother?!" Idate asked shocked at us."Oh yeah him!He threw such a curve ball at me for the tenth question!"Naruto says grining and chuckling remembering."What?My brother's alive?!"Idate asked again still shocked as he walked closer to us barely missing an arrow that fell from the sky."It's an ambush!"
We all look behind to see another boat and they started to shoot arrows at us.I quickly grabed a kunai to fight them off.Some of the arrows had ropes and they started to pull their boat closer."Naruto and I can take care of these guys,Gina,you keep an eye on Idate,"Sasuke says over to us running back to the steering wheel keeping an eye at the boat.I let out a sigh but nod as go by Idate and grab a kunai out ."Naruto,you work on those ropes,"Sasuke said over to Naruto who suprisingly,complied without arguing."I'm going to need something to cut this with,"Naruto muttered reaching into his empty pouch."Aww!I lost all my tools!"
He turns around and spotted Idate's pocket knife first."Hey,let me use that for a second!"
"What?No!This is more improtant to me than my own life!"Idate snaps at him immedietly holding it tighter to him."Well beggars can't be choosers to hand it over!"Naruto snaps back at him and I sigh and threw my kunai at him."Stop arguing!"I snap at him.
"Just cut the ropes Naruto,"Sasuke agrees with me as a bunch of clones start to appaer after Naruto sliced through the ropes connecting our boats."Don't worry guys their only clones,only the real one can attack us,"Naruto says sounding smart for once but I sighed.At least tell us something we don't know.
"No way!I don't need a bunch of ninja to protect me!"Idate shouts from behind me making me more frustrated and nervous than I already was. He sounded worse than my brother when it came to ninja. He isn't even a samurai and he hates their guts! They might really get along if they meet.
I turned to him shooting him an angry glare."Shut up already and let us do our job!Does it look like we care what you think?!"I snap at him and he immeietly shus up.I glance back glancing for the real one."Naruto behind you!"
Naruto was tackled to the ground but he puffed away.Shadow clone.Naruto was really getting better at his technique.A bunch of other of his shadow clones started to fight with the other ones as well."Naruto!The real one's there!"I say looking at the person who jumped off the ship."Darn,he got away!"Naruto says while still fighting.Naruto's eyes widen realizing at the same time as we what they really were.Water clones?What the hell is going on?
"Their water clones!"Naruto announced to Sasuke as he was also fighting them."I know!!"
I glanced up as I felt water on me.It was raining at a time like this?Dammit.Wait!I frowned as the smell of oil hit my nose.I glanced at Sasuke who started to form handsigns and I immedietly reconized it."Sasuke!No!It's oil!"I shout at him just in time and he nods not finishing his jutsu.
I sighed just as a flaming arrow was shot at us.My eyes widen as it hit our boat and started the huge fire.I was going to try to put it out but someone grabed my arm.I glanced back to see Idate."It's going to spread too much and by the time you put it out the boat will have too much damage to move!"he says over to me."Then we jump into the ocean!"Sasuke shouts and we all nod and I turned to Idate."Alright,go Idate first,I'll cover your back,"I say to him but Idate seemed shaken up by the idea."Y-you can forget it!"
"What are you talking about?!We don't have time for this!"I snap at him angrily."You just wanna use me as a decoy so you can get away!"he insistes glaring at me now."No that's not it,just go already!"Naruto shouts over at him."No I should've known I don't trust ninja!"he shouts to us as I stoped a clone from getting close and sliced him up."Get out of here already!We don't need you getting in our way!"Sasuke shouts at him impatiently and Iadte seemed to freeze.I pant slightly at the smoke and heat the flames were producing as many clones started to circle me and Idate.My eyes caught something and I immedietly smirked.I lifted the sail and swung it around hitting many clones at once."Get down!"I shout as I do so at the guys follow."Idate I don't care if you like us or not but you have to trust us, we're here to protect you not kill you!"I snap at him but something catches my eye as a colone threw a kunai at Idate but I imemdeitly ran and got infront of him but wasn't able to block it and pain hit my shoulder.I gasped out in pain as my knees seem to give up slightly and I panted closing my eyes in the pain.
"Gina!"Naruto and Sasuke shout over to me."G-gina,"Idate chocked out in shock looking at me as I force my eyes open to look at him."Go on.I promise on my life we'll be right behind you,"I snap to him and he finally goes.I immeidetly jump after him.My skin felt cool at the touch of the cold water on me.I came back up gasping for air ignoring the pain still on my shoulder as I glanced around looking for Idate.I saw his figure getting farther away from me."Idate!"
Sasuke appeared besides me along with Naruto a couple of feet from me."You okay?How's your wound?"Sasuke asks looking at me with a weird face."Don't worry,we need to catch up to Idate,"I say as I struggle to swim through the the currents.Naruto suddnely started flailing his arms around and sank in the water."Naruto!"I say just as I feel something grab my leg.I gasp out as I was pulled underwater.I could see Sasuke dive in after us and I quickly tried to struggle agaisnt the thing but it wasn't working.I was already running out of air.I tried grabing a kunai put my hand kept missing.Some clones grabed Sasuke and held him there as he struggled to get over to us.My throat burned and I felt light headed and dizzy.The grip tightened on my leg and I gasped out and all the air left in me disapeared with the bubbles that made their way to the surface.I felt my body slowly stop moving and start going back down as my eyes started to close.
I can't die drowning.What would Gin say?What about Ryuji say?What would Sasuke say?
I opened my eyes trying to use my last strength to do soemthing but nothing would move.Suddenly,I felt the water start to move in a circular way.It stoped and I felt the grip on me let go.I tried to move but I couldn't.My systems were shuting down.
And I was falling.