Confused

I thought I saw a hero

I stood up and opened the door in time for Gerard to knock. It was quite funny to see him standing there, with his hand poised to knock and a shocked expression on his face.

“Hey Gee.”

“Hi Frank. Nice new do. Seems like you enjoyed yourself.”

“Thanks. Actually, I did. How about you though? Lunch with her parents?”

“It was okay. Uhm, mind if I come inside?”

“Oh yeah! Sure.”

I stepped aside for him to walk in and we both sat on the couch.

“I need to tell you something really important Frank.”

“I guessed as much. What is it?”

“Well, I’ve been thinking about today and how do I say this….uhm…about us?”

“Yeah? What about us?”

“Well I was thinking that we should just…”

Gerard’s words were cut out by a knock. I raise my hand to stop him and stand up.

“Let me get that first…”

I opened the door to be met with Bert again with his childish smirk on his pretty face. When I saw him, I felt myself float just like when he carried me earlier.

“Frank, I think I accidentally gave you one of the bags I bought. Quite stupid of me really.”

“Nah…it’s no problem. Wanna come inside?”

“Su----“

Bert stepped inside but was quite shocked to see Gerard there. I actually sort of forgot he was there. Whoops?

“I’ll go get the bag first. Make yourself comfy Bert.”

I ran upstairs without a backward glance and locked myself in my room. Everything was getting confusing. I love Gerard, right but Bert has been the only one that made me laugh recently. Bert makes me feel safe and real but what Gerard and I have is something…different.

“Found it!” Bert yelled from downstairs then I remembered that I never brought the bags up so I ran back down.

“I’ll just get going now. Bye Frank!”

And he left in a rush. Gerard stood up fuming and walked over to me.

“What the fuck were you doing with Bert McCracken?!”

“We just hung out at the mall. No big deal really.”

“No big deal?! So you would rather skip a day with your friends to stay with that…traitor?!”

I was quite speechless after that. Who wouldn’t? What would you tell the person you loved love about spending a day with his ex?

“Frankie, you’ve changed”, Gerard whispered. I guess me being quiet had him concerned. I couldn’t bring myself to talk again because what I say might make him start yelling again. I just looked at my shoes, trying to fight back the tears. I wanted to scream at him but at the same time, I didn’t want to hurt his feelings.

Gerard’s eyes widened in shock when my tears began to fall and he started backing away. I fell on my knees because he reminded me of someone that hurt me before. He remembers too.

“Frankie, I’m so sorry…” and he ran out of my house while I cried.

~Flashback~

Gerard and I arrived at my house after hanging out at the mall. We were talking about the new CD he bought and were joking around. Suddenly, I bumped into someone and to my displeasure, it was my dad.

“Uh…I’ll just go now. Bye Frank.”

“Where have you been?”

“At the mall…” I kept my voice small and steady, trying my best not to stutter. He hated it when I stammered because it made me sound ‘pathetic’.

“Pathetic excuse for a son. You didn’t say you were going to the mall. Aren’t you supposed to go straight here after spending the fucking weekend at your mother’s house?”

“I asked mom because Gerard called. She said yes and she gave me some money. I thought you would be-“

“You thought?! Well that’s new!”

He grabbed a fistful of my hair and pulled it, making me look at him straight in the eye.

“You should know that I do not approve of you going out with that Jared kid.”

“It’s Gerard” I whispered but he heard. He threw me backward and I fell, hitting the coffee table.

“You’re not going to see that traitor bitch of a mother for the rest of the month! Got it?! Now go to your room.”

I did what I was told and locked myself in my room. I didn’t cry though. He would find out and he’ll beat me for being a ‘faggot crybaby’.

There was a tap on my window and another and another. I walked over and saw a hero. I saw Gerard Way.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG I am so sorry it took forever and stuff....

I actually had a longer chapter than this typed but then I wasn't able to save it because there are blackouts here everyday so I had to wake up really early just to type this before the blackout.

*runs and hides*