Confused

chapter 2

“Gerard!” I flung my arms around his torso. “Gerard. I missed you so much. What took you so long?” Nothing answered me back. Silence. This felt wrong. Something was wrong.

I looked up at him but instead I saw my dad smiling in the most sinister way possible. Panic overtook my senses. “So you want your little fag friend?”

“N-n-no…” my little voice quivering.

“Aww…then why did you just call me his name? Tell me why Frank!”

He slapped me hard across the face, drawing blood. He started kicking me and laughed every time I whimpered or even winced in pain. He went on for what seemed like several eternities until everything went pitch black.

“Just think happy thoughts and we’ll fly home” I sang quietly to myself, remembering his voice as he sang it. I curled up into a ball, knees to my chest, and bawled my eyes out. When I opened my eyes again, I was swimming in a pool of my own blood mixed with tears. It wasn’t a pool. Just a mere puddle.

I had a busted lip and a searing pain in my side from all the kicking. My arms were numb because of blocking and I guess I hit my head on something because it was bleeding a bit. I just grabbed my phone from my bag which was on the couch and pressed 2.

“Mom…it’s Frank…I’m at home…h-he came back…” as my mom started asking me questions, I passed out from the pain again.

My eyes fluttered open and were flooded by a sea of white. I couldn’t feel anymore pain and I was in a clean white hospital dress.

“So have you heard the news that you’re dead?” His voice echoed through the room and I looked around.

A mirror.

I stepped closer and saw him. Is this like the Mirror of Erised? I looked even closer; I saw my mom and the rest of the guys there. He was singing at the podium next to a casket. Just like ‘Helena’ but it wasn’t her funeral. If it was, Gerard’s hair would still be long and messy and Eliza wouldn’t be here.

I listened even closer to him and he was singing
“Now come one come all to this tragic affair,
wipe off your make up what’s in is despair
So throw on the black dress, mixed in with the lot
You might wake up and notice you’re someone your not

If you look in the mirror and don’t like what you see
You can find put firsthand what it’s like to be me
So gather round kiddies and kiss this goodbye
I’d encourage your smiles; I’d expect you won’t cry

Another contusion, my funeral jag
Here’s my resignation I’ll serve it in drag
You’ve got front row seats to the penitence ball
When I grow up I want to be nothing at all”

His voice was dry and he was singing acapella. Tears were streaming down his face and everyone was crying with him. He has that effect on everyone. He cries and people cry…he laughs, the room laughs along…he knew I never wanted an actual job…that’s why he made that line. “When I grow up I want to be nothing at all”

He cleared his throat and said to the mic, “Frank Iero. A friend, a brother, a son, a band mate. Nothing can express how much it hurts now that he’s gone. So to Frank Iero, hey, it’s me. Gerard. Just think happy thoughts and we’ll fly home. Goodbye Frank. And I love you…more than a friend”

Then the floor beneath me broke and I fell.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope ya like it... ('',)