Cherry Ice Cream Smile

First Impressions

1982
Darcy's POV

Simon Le Bon, singer. John Taylor, bassist. Andy Taylor, guitarist. Nick Rhodes, keyboards and synth. Roger Taylor, drummer. My thoughts linger a little longer on Roger. While the rest of the band were cute, I have always thought that Roger is exceptionally handsome. In interviews he always seemed very humble and quiet.

I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Darcy St. Cloud. I'm 22 years old and a journalist for the hot new magazine Topic. I'm also in filmmaking and my close friend Brian is trying to get me into photography. I'm quite quiet myself which is ironic considering my job. The reason I was thinking about the members of Duran Duran is because I have scored a major interview with the extremely popular British band, whose album Rio is burning up the charts. Since they are such huge stars, and frankly, quite handsome men, I took extra time getting ready this morning.

"Hey Darce. We're here." Brian's voice snaps me out of my reverie. Brian Philips is one of the photographers for Topic, one of the best I might add, and he's like my brother. Brian grabs his equipment as I grab what I need. The location for the interview/ mini photoshoot is Lucas', an awesome boutique with a vintage chic vibe. The band chose the location themselves. As Brian and I are walking up towards the shop, he turns to me and says, " You are about to do something that thousands of girls would kill to do. No pressure!' As I give him the death glare he bursts into laughter.

We are greeted by Paul Berrows, one of DD's managers, as we enter the boutique. He leads us to where the band is set up. Don't worry we aren't late, they did a promo thing for MTV before Brian & I arrived.

The five men are in a gazeebo in Lucas' suprisingly beautiful backyard. My nerves increase with every step towards them. As I reach where they are, the whole band stands up smiling. "Hi. I'm Darcy St. Cloud, journalist for Topic magazine. Thank you all for being here." I said smiling as I shook their hands. I swear Roger held on a little longer and smiled a bit brighter than the others but I shook it off as they introduced themselves to Brian, who then went to find some good places to get photos. "Let's get started." I say as I hit record on my tape recorder.

The interview goes great and has a ton of hilarious moments. "Wow! We get along great!" I thought to myself. When the interview wraps up I motion for Brian and say "Let's get some photo ops." Brian ends up getting some great shots. The band even got me in some.

"Thank you again." I say to them.

"No thank you." John says cheesily with a schmoozy grin and wink. Everyone cracks up and Brian, with reflexes like a ninja, gets a shot of all of us laughing. As they were leaving Roger waved goodbye to me with a sweet smile. I wave back with a smile hoping he can't notice the blush creeping onto my face. At that moment I hear a little click that sounds like.......a camera!!!!!

"Really Brian? Really?" I ask him dumbfounded.

"Just capturing the start of a romance. I'll show it to your kids someday. Thank me later." he said with a smirk.

"There is no romance Brian." I protest but at the same time I felt my cheeks get hot.

"Whatever you say hot shot." Brian said as he walked away.

During the interview and photoshoot I thought I saw Roger looking at me a bi differently than the other guys. Well everyone besides John who was obviously flirting. "It's just your imagination Darcy!" I told myself...........or is it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thiis story was originally on my Quizilla account and pretty much no one read it. So I rewrote it a bit and put it on here :] I have no clue where this is going so we'll just figure it out as we go along. The rating isn't set in stone and will probably change as the story goes along ;P Please comment and if you have any suggestions don't hesitate to inbox me!