‹ Prequel: It's Almost Easy

Such a Surreal Place

Making Up

“That girl I was with... All she did was show me where to pay by credit card. That’s all. I swear,” he explained simply. “I wanted to pay, and then go and spend the rest of the night with you.”

“You’re fuckin’ joking,” I said blankly after a few moments had passed, staring at Gates. He had to be kidding. They were all over each other and looking like they were about to go have sex. Not pay by credit card and then go their separate ways.

“No. I really mean it when I say that nothing happened,” he said while pleading me with his eyes.

“Mel?” I whispered and she looked at me.

“Not my choice,” she replied, knowing that I was asking whether or not I should believe him. I sighed.

“Can we please... just forget about this? I really don’t wanna see you hurt,” he said with tears in his eyes. He took a step closer to me and Mel took a step away from us. “You’re hurting over nothing, and you’re making me hurt too...”

“Why should I believe you? She was obviously a little slut,” I asked and he looked down.

“I like blonds...” he said quietly to himself.

“I’m not blond,” I retorted and he looked up.

“But I love brunettes,” he countered. I stared into his brown eyes. I saw some hope and a hell of a lot of sadness and pain. But most importantly, I could tell that he really meant what he had just said.

“You two are so cute,” Zacky muttered, sort of with a hint of sarcasm, trying to lighten the mood as he sat down on the steps into the tour bus.

“I know,” Syn scarcely whispered as he continued to stare at me, filled with hope that our relationship might not be over. He took another step closer and I tensed, looking down at the ground. I didn’t know what to think. I had seen him with my own eyes walking off with a blond slut. But I didn’t follow them. I had straight away assumed the worse. “I am in love with you, Ashleigh. I don’t want you to leave me.” I relaxed as he took another small step towards me. His voice was so comforting and sincere.

“I haven’t left yet,” I said while looking up at him. His sadness was completely replaced by hope. What if he was right? What if nothing had happened? What if I was just making such a big deal out of nothing? He held out his left hand. It had the two matching necklaces in it.

“If you’re going to leave me, you may as well take your heart, and the key to it, with you,” he said. I didn’t take it. A million thoughts were still rushing through my head. Do I believe him? Or do I not? Am I in love with Brian Haner Jr.? Or the rock star Synyster Gates? He took my right hand in his and forced the two necklaces into it. “I’m sorry... I love you Ashleigh...” I cupped the necklaces into both of my hands and stared at them. I felt everyone’s eyes on me. It was all up to me.

I made my decision.

I held out his necklace to him, the one with the key on it. He stared at it, slightly confused. I heard Mel gasp and saw Zacky smiling.

“You deserve it more than any other man in this world,” I said to him, nodding my head at my hand, indicating that he should take it.

“Ash...” he managed to say. A shaky hand came up and took the necklace from me. He didn’t even look at it after that, he just came right up and hugged me as tightly as he could. I could tell he was relieved, and so was I.

“I love you, Brian,” I whispered into his ear (knowing I was in love with Brian, not Synyster) as he rocked me back and forth. I’m sure he was crying again.

“I love you too, Ashleigh.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Major OMG moment in the next chapter that you're gonna love! So comment and make me happy so I update soon!