‹ Prequel: It's Almost Easy

Such a Surreal Place

20 July 2008

Today was our big day! The 20th of July 2008 was the day that everyone was going to witness my marriage to Brian Haner Jr.! Oh my God! I was getting my make-up finished and all the other girls (bridesmaids, maid of honour, mothers and sisters) were getting their make-up put on too. We were going to look gorgeous! Ever since I’d gotten up early this morning, I had had a bunch of nerves annoying me. Why I was nervous, I had no clue; I was already technically married to him. But this was sort of like proof to my family and friends that it had happened... that we were completely in love with each other. Not to mention, it’s every girl’s dream to have a beautiful, perfect wedding.

A knock on the door woke me out of my deep thinking. Mel went to get it and it was Zacky (surprise, surprise). Zacky kissed Mel on the cheek once before entering, not bothering to ask if any of us girls were in the middle of getting changed. But then again, why would he mind if he accidentally got flashed by one of us? He straight away made his way over to me and I stood up to hug him.

“Guess what I’ve got?” he asked me and I raised my eyebrows and shoulders, wishing he’d just give me my gift from Brian. I couldn’t wait to see what he’d gotten me! Zacky pulled out a jewellery box out of his pocket and I held my breath, wondering what on earth Brian had got me now. He handed it to me and I opened it. There was a silver tennis bracelet sitting inside and it looked bloody expensive! Me and the rest of the ladies cooed over its sparkliness and I put it on my left wrist. The bracelet fitted me perfectly.

“It’s so beautiful...” I said, staring at it and thinking of my husband.

“You didn’t read the engraving...” Zacky whispered to me and I quickly took the bracelet off, everyone laughing at me. Inside, it read ‘I LOVE YOU’ and then by the latch it said ‘BRI 4 ASH 4EVER’. After more admiring my bracelet from my friends, I put it back on my wrist and gave Zacky another hug.

“Pass that hug onto Brian for me,” I told him and he nodded with a smile. Yet another knock on the door. Mel got it again, but this time it was Matt. He was holding a bunch of red roses and he walked in over to me too.

“Zacky forgot these,” he informed us ladies before he strolled in and gave me a massive hug. I swear I almost got lost in his humungous arms! He then gave me the roses and a note with them. It read ‘I will love you until the day that the last rose dies. Yes, I know that is cheesy, but it’s true! XO’ I cracked up laughing as I noticed that one of the roses was fake, while the other 11 were real. I thanked Matt for bringing them over. Mel took the roses out of my hands and went to put them in a vase with water in it (not like one of them needed it, though).

“Val? Can you go back over with the boys?” I asked, sort of yelling because I had no idea whereabouts Val was in the room. She soon appeared by my side as I looked through the piles of stuff I had at my Bride’s Station. Underneath a container full of different shades of eye shadow, I found the small jewellery box with his earrings in it and the larger box which contained his sunglasses. I passed them to Val and she gave me a quick hug before leaving with Zacky and Matt. When Val returned, she told me about Brian’s reaction to his gifts and also the reaction he had to Zacky giving him a hug for me. Apparently, Zacky had shoved a pillow down his top, trying to imitate breasts, and then given Brian a massive hug. Brian, of course, thought Zacky was trying to be gay and got a hell of a fright. That was something I wish I’d seen. But stupid wedding tradition that Brian believed in stopped me.

Next, my hair was fixed until it was perfect and then I got changed into my wedding dress. When I stepped out of my changing room, everyone’s jaws dropped in shock. I looked in the mirror and I realised how beautiful I looked. Since I’d seen all the girls’ reactions and they were super shocked, I couldn’t wait to see Brian’s... My veil was fitted onto the back of my head and it trailed behind me until about mid-back. I didn’t want to have it over my face because I thought that would just get annoying. Then I checked myself in my mirror again and listened to the millions of compliments I received. I couldn’t wait to see Brian in his suit!

*Half an hour later*

“Alright! Let’s go! You’re gonna be late!” Chloe urged me out of the Bride & Co room and down to the gardens where I was going to get married. I took my time, not wanting to trip in my heels and ruin my dress with dirt, and finally joined the rest of the girls behind large bushes. On the other side of the aisle, there were more trees and other plants where the men were standing, looking very prim and proper in their suits. It was extremely weird to see those rockers looking posh... Everyone was seated and ready to go, including Brian who was already at the altar; they were just waiting for me. And now I was here, so it was all go. I felt my stomach get super excited with all the anticipation and I took in a few deep breaths, trying to slow my heart down. Mel joined my side and gave me my large bouquet of flowers (white roses with a few red ones in the middle, now tied up with white lace) and I noticed then that the bridesmaids all already had their much smaller bouquets made of other white flowers. Everything was freshly picked, so they smelled wonderful.

“You ready?” Mel asked and I nodded. Hell yeah I was ready! I couldn’t wait to get this darn thing over and done with! I was so nervous, and I hated being nervous! Some lame wedding music started playing and Johnny and McKenna went down the aisle first. Mel gave me a quick hug and wished me the best before turning her attention to the ceremony. The couples kept on going and I started getting really excited when Mel went with Jimmy. After Matt and the flower girl had reached the end of the aisle, the music changed to the typical bride’s march song and I knew it was time for me to go down the aisle. I had a lot of nerves; seeing Brian and his reaction was the only real thing I was worried about. I took a step forward, then another and another and then turned to face the audience. I could see the photographer flashing his camera at me a million times, then quickly turning around to capture Brian a million times too. Everyone stared at me, but I didn’t notice. I was too busy staring at Brian and his reaction. I suddenly had a massive smile on my face as I saw the hilarious look on Syn’s face and all my nerves disappeared. He had lifted his new pair of sunglasses up to check that it was really me, and that I really did look as gorgeous as I thought I did.

I walked down the aisle to join his side and the music cut out. He looked damn fine in that suit of his! Of course, it was all black with a white shirt underneath, the cuffs folded up over the jacket. He had a black tie on that had a dark purple pattern on it and in his breast pocket was a miniature white rose, showing he was the groom and that I belonged to him.

“You look really beautiful,” he whispered to me as he shifted his weight on his feet nervously.

“You look really handsome,” I told him as he took my hands. We stared into each other’s eyes and smiled, glad that this was finally happening. I was so relieved to feel his hands in mine again, to see those amazing brown eyes that I missed so much.

“Can I kiss her now?” Brian asked the priest and our friends and family laughed at him. The priest shook his head with a smile and then begun the ceremony...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to BrittsyVengeanz who commented with the pic I was looking for! Really appreciate that.

But finally, we're on to the ceremony! Who's enjoying reading their marriage to Synyster Gates? Lol. Please leave a comment. This was such a sweet chapter, right?