Status: Active.

You're Living a Lie, You Just Can't Hide From Me

Fuel To The Fire.

“In your face!” Natalie giggled, as Pat pouted dramatically that he lost.

He chuckled. “Alright. You’re the best.”

“Maybe Garrett could take me. He’s supposedly the master.” Her eyes fixated on the bassist who was busy talking to Jared.

“Tals, come on, let’s hear some jams.” Alyssa grinned.

She smiled, nodding her head as John began talking to Jared, leaving Garrett to stare in her direction.

She smiled at him, getting up and moving beside him. He let out a small sigh, closing his eyes for a minute.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” He opened his gorgeous blue eyes again.

“Wow.” Natalie breathed.

“Wow what?”

“Just… your eyes.” She blushed.

“Its okay, your eyes are stunning… I didn’t want you to think I was trying to, like, eyefuck you or something.”

“Eyefuck?” She raised an eyebrow.

“I mean, fuck, I’m sorry, I just-“

“Gar, I’m totally joking, it’s fine. I like how nervous you get… it’s endearing.”

He smiled with a small nod.

“Come on, let’s go see where the others went.” Natalie spoke, noticing the others had left them.

Garrett nodded, taking her by the hand and into the living room where the boys had brought the alcohol out. Alyssa had a bottle finished already. Well, that was fast.

“You want anything, Natalie?” Pat asked.

“I’m driving… so no. I, uh, don’t really drink.”

“Me neither.” Garrett spoke with a nod. “You want a water, soda or something?”

“Water or Vitamin Water?”

“Both.”

“Vitamin Water, please.”

He nodded, handing her one. She thanked him, uncapping it and taking a sip. Garrett just smiled at her, not knowing what else to say. He liked that she wasn’t drinking. It was nice to find someone who wasn’t interested in getting trashed, and didn’t need to do so to have fun.

The boys liked to party, but Garrett wasn’t like that. He could have fun and remember it the next morning. Plus, if they all got plastered, it’d likely be super entertaining.

“I thought you guys were working.” Natalie raised an eyebrow.

“Your wish is my command.” John put down his red cup.

Natalie couldn’t deny that John O’Callaghan was talented… that he was attractive. That she was quickly being won over. But something about him made her certain that she needed to keep her guard up.

He smiled at her, looking up from his guitar. “So I started working on this today… so be gentle with me.”

Alyssa and Natalie glanced at each other before turning back to him.

John bit his lower lip for a second before starting to play.

There was a new girl in town.
She had it all figured out.
And I'll state something rash.
She had the most amazing.... smile.

I bet you didn't expect that.
But she made me change my ways.
With eyes like sunsets baby.
And legs that went on for days.


Alyssa's mouth dropped.

The fact that Natalie could get a song written about her in one day was amazing. It wasn't just a song, it was a pretty song... played by a very goodlooking boy. She thought it was crazy that her friend didn't seem to realize how amazing she was.

Natalie was different, but it was a good thing... she was special. And here this boy was, already telling her through his lyrics how he wanted her. How she was making him change his ways...

The redhead couldn't deny John's talent. Sure, the song was rough, but he'd written it so quickly. There was a charisma about him that didn't fall into place with the band she'd seen back in Tempe. But she really appreciated it.

He smiled slyly at her, eyes meeting her own as he sang.

"I... wow." She smiled. "John, that's gorgeous."

"Really?"

"Yeah." Natalie nodded, her gaze falling on Garrett, who sat beside Kennedy.

His blue eyes had a look that she couldn't place in them. He turned to her with a small smile.

Of course, John was winning her over. Garrett groaned inwardly, letting out a soft sigh.

"What?" Kennedy asked from beside him.

The younger boy didn't say anything, just let his gaze fall on John, talking animatedly to Natalie.

"Dude, go do something." The guitarist told him.

"Like what?!"

"Just talk to her, Gar. You need to stop thinking and do something."

He nodded. "Okay."

"Good luck."

Alyssa smiled at her best friend, still wondering why Natalie seemed so shy. These boys welcomed the two of them with open arms and she still seemed so hesitant. She couldn't understand it, but all she wanted to do was try to push her.

"Tals, what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"You just seem tense, what's up?"

"I don't know..." Natalie spoke quietly.

"Go get 'em tiger. Don't hold back."

The girl giggled softly, before nodding. "Alright."

Natalie smiled at Pat, who wrapped his arms tightly around her before she could react. He clung to her, shouting something or other that she wasn't paying attention to. Her eyes fell on the vibrant blue eyes of a certain bass player.

Garrett stood awkwardly, watching the girl. She was too beautiful for her own good.

If anything, didn't Garrett have more of a chance because they'd gone to high school together? Or did that mean he had less of a chance with her? She didn't seem to be throwing herself into John's arms... But she wasn't denying his advances.

This was ridiculous. They were here as a band to make a record and this wasn't about Natalie.

Pat smiled, letting go of Natalie. "Gar, come on, let's go watch a movie with Natalie."

"A movie?" Garrett raised an eyebrow.

If anyone, Pat was on Garrett's side. As his best friend, he wanted to see the boy happy. He was convinced that the two of them just needed a push in the right direction, so Pat was going to do it. The two of them were both just too shy, and the drummer knew it.

"Alright." Natalie smiled softly. "'Dawn of the Dead'?"

"Original or remake?"

The redhead smiled. "Original."

"I'm impressed." Garrett chuckled.

"Pat, you coming?"

"In a minute."

John turned from his conversation with Alyssa to see Garrett and Natalie heading away from the living room and down the hall. He sighed, shaking his head.

Pat just chuckled, not actually intending to join the two. He wasn't such a fan of zombie movies as they were, and he really wanted them to bond. Hopefully his plan would work. Fingers crossed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Check out my other stories if you have the time:
Garrett Nickelsen
Jordan Witzigreuter
Alex Gaskarth sequel
Alex Gaskarth vs. Matt Flyzik