Status: Slowest to post, fastest to write? Oh my.

Whatever Walks in My Heart Will Walk Alone

Set The Sun On Fire

"Are you sure you want to do this, Kath?" Christy asked. They were sitting in the salon together. Christy had tagged along for no particular reason, but Katherine was determined.
"Never been more positive, Chris. The only reason I didn't do this before was because of him. I'm going to do this," Kat said, grinning wildly.
"Are you the one who called earlier?" A girl asked, holding scissors and a razor.
"Yeah. Can you take me now?" Kath asked, smiling.
"Yep, come on back, we'll get you all ready. We gotta shampoo first," the girl replied.
After a few hours, Katherine's raven black waist length hair had been streaked firetruck red and dreadlocked. Christy hovered around her, frowning. "It's perfect!" Kat exclaimed.
"If you were Bob Marley," Christy scoffed.
"Shut up, Chris, or do you need to be reminded of your cornrows?" Kath asked good naturedly.
Christy grumbled, but let it drop. Her friend's hair didn't bother her, only Kat's recklessness.
After Katherine paid and they left, Christy confronted her about her new found lack of fear, but Kat only shrugged it off.
♠ ♠ ♠
This has to be the shortest chapter I have ever written. I apologize. To make up for it, I'll post the next chapter as well. It was a developing chapter, also, the last sentance is important to the turns the story will be taking. ;]