Status: Slowest to post, fastest to write? Oh my.

Whatever Walks in My Heart Will Walk Alone

Breathe Fire Into Me

Ville lie awake, staring through the dark at his ceiling. When a car passed, light came into his window, illuminating his room for a few moments. He went from laying on his back to his side, then his other side, finally sprawling on his stomach. He punched his pillow into a more comfortable shape, but found no success in that either.
He rolled off the bed clumsily, stumbled to the stereo on the opposite wall, pressed the power button, and threw himself back into the bed. Twisting and turning, he became properly tangled in his sheets, but there was no success.
Ville reached toward the night stand and let his fingers find the three things he needed right now. The first he found was his lighter. The second, a pack of ciggarettes. The third was a bottle of prescribed sleep aids. He lit the smoke, and wasted no time breathing in fire. In two minutes, the butt was in the ashtray. With his nicotine craving satisfied, Ville downed two pills and made himself comfortable.
He fell into a dreamless sleep without even considering that he could have a problem.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. That hurt me, it was so short.
Give it time, my lovelies, give it time. It will grow.