Status: A little nervous about posting this :/

She Had Me At Bonjour

Due

That guy keeps looking at me. Why me? I’m nothing special. Just someone who needs to clear their thoughts. I haven’t stopped thinking about him since the concert. He had the prettiest hazel eyes I’ve seen. Okay, stop it Krysha. You came here to stop thinking about him, not to continue to. Why does that guy keep looking at me? He looks familiar. He looks like- Oh my god it is him. Why did I have to run into him when I’m trying to forget him? Well, maybe he’s just someone who looks like him. Maybe I should ask? No, that’s stupid. Worst idea ever.

“Zack? Z-Zack Merrick?” Shit. Why’d I do that?

“Uhm, yeah. You’re… the girl. Who was pushed into the barricades. What’s your name?”

“Y-Yeah. That’s m-me. Krysha. Uhm, that’s m-my name. In c-case you didn’t… I’m babbling, s-sorry about that.”

“Do you stutter when you’re nervous?”

Ugh, I hate my stutter. At least it’s not a normal thing. “Yeah. I mean, I-I guess so.”

He laughed. He thinks my stutter’s weird or stupid or lame. He probably thinks I’m some freak of nature. I mean, I’m just a nervous wreck. Why would he even talk to someone like-

“It’s cute. You’re stutter, I mean. You don’t have to be nervous around me. I’m not scary or anything. At least I hope not. Ha, now I feel like I’m babbling.”

My stutter? Cute? “T-Thanks. You’re not s-scary. I’m just, I don’t k-know.” I turned my head and my cheeks turned a bit pink.

He laughed again. I’m not that funny or anything. I’m not even trying to be. “Why d-do you keep laughing at m-me?”

“I’m not trying to be mean. It’s just your stutter and now your blush makes you cute. Uh, not like you weren’t cute before. I mean, you’re really pretty, beautiful even, and… you probably think I’m weird, don’t you?”

“I don’t think you’re-“ Wait wait wait. Did he just say I’m… beautiful? Not even my ex-boyfriend called me beautiful. Only my family has, but they’re family. It’s like, a rule to say your family is beautiful or handsome. “You t-think I’m b-beautiful?”

He looked out at the ocean and sighed. “What am I doing? I don’t even know you. Besides, you don’t look a day over 16. It’d be… weird at the least.” Great, he thinks I’m 16. Join the club.

“Just because I’m short doesn’t mean I’m 16. You’re way off.” Well, at least I wasn’t stuttering anymore. In fact, I was a little pissed off by now. “I’m 20, for your information.” I crossed my arms and walked passed him. I was looking around for Cree when he grabbed my arm and spun me around.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have assumed things.” The look in his eyes said he was serious. So I believed him.

“I-It’s okay. You’re not the first to think that. People mistake my sister for a 14 year old when she’s actually 18.” I laughed at the memories.

“You and your sister seem so close, yet so different.” He took a seat on a bench and I sat next to him.

“Yeah, she’s my best friend. But you’re right, we’re complete opposites. She’d rather party, get completely drunk, and end up fucking some random guy who she never talks to again while I’d rather... well, sit out by the harbor and relax. She always drags me to concerts, no matter how much I protest.”

He was silent for a few seconds. “I think your sister…” “Cree.” “Right. I think Cree should meet Alex someday. They’re like the opposite sex version of each other.” Pause. “I mean, not to talk behind Alex’s back, he’s one of my best friends, but it’s kind of true.” He shrugged and turned to me. “So what brings you here on this wonderful Tuesday morning?”

“Cree wanted a shopping buddy. But she found one of her friends so I came down here. I’d rather sit by the harbor then decide who looks fatter in some skimpy dress. How about you?”

“The guys and I were going to get some lunch, but I told them I’d meet them later. That’s when I ended up here.” Zack looked at me and I looked back at him. His eyes as well as him mouth were smiling. “Coincidence that I saw you here.” I smiled back. “Yeah, it is.” We looked back out at the ocean. There was a comfortable silence for a while. I so badly wanted to tell him why I really came to the harbor, but I’d probably scare him off.

“So, the breeze is nice. It makes summer bearable.” Oh god, I sound like an idiot. Talking about the weather.

“Yeah, it is. Have you ever traveled?”

“I used to. My family stopped when I was about 15. You must travel a lot, considering you’re in a band and go on tours.”

“Mhmm. It’s nice to have breaks though. I like being home for a while. Tour can sometimes bring a lot of drama when other bands come along. Especially if the bands have female members. Alex gets in a lot of trouble then.” He chuckled at the memories while I sat there and smiled shyly. I feel a little bad that I don’t know much about them. I’ve been to a few shows because of Cree, and I hear her blast their music in her room, but that’s it.

“What are you thinking about, Krysha?” I looked at him and laughed.

“The look on your face is funny right now.”

He laughed with me for a while before we settled down. “How can you be thinking about the future?”

“I’m not. I was actually thinking… about how bad I feel. I mean, I barely know of you and your band.” I looked down at my hands in my lap, twiddling my thumbs.

“Well, it’s nice to have someone to talk to who doesn’t like me for my band.” Zack grabbed one of my hands with his own, lacing our fingers together. I felt my cheeks heat up and kept my head down so he wouldn’t see. “You’re a nice girl, Krysha. Different in a good way.” I lifted my head and my eyes met Zack’s. We sat there for a while, fingers intertwined and our eyes exploring each other’s. He leaned in a bit and I followed, our faces so close I could feel his breath. We leaned closer and this time our lips almost touched. Of course, that was when his phone had to go off.

I’m a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world! Life in plastic, It’s fantastic!

I couldn’t hold in my laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahaha guess who's calling Zack?

I personally hate this chapter with a passion, but I can't for the life of me rewrite it.

Oh well.
Feedback is amazing. It makes the homeless children smile.

Comment & Subscribe ;D