Status: A little nervous about posting this :/

She Had Me At Bonjour

Quattro

Two weeks. Two fucking weeks. He hasn’t called or texted me, not even once. I’m sorry, but I was under the impression that he, oh I don’t know, LIKED ME!

I was in Cree’s room, pacing around for the past hour and a half. I’d practically chewed my thumbnail to the nub, and I was sweating from anxiousness. Whenever my phone vibrated on her bed, I prayed for it to be him. Zachary Merrick. It never was.

“Krysh, calm down. Maybe he lost your number?” I scoffed.

“I wrote it on his hand. The only way he could lose it was if he washed it off, which is what he probably did. I mean, he’s famous, Cree! I bet you he thought this was all some funny joke. He’s probably off with Alex, Jack, and Rian, laughing about the stupid girl who fell for Zack Merrick. I let my guard down around him, Cree. I haven’t let my guard down to anyone but you since Trevor! Not even to Angela.”

“I doubt that. From what you told me, he really has a thing for you.” I can’t believe I believed her. But it is Cree, and she knows guys like the back of her hand. “Trevor was a douche, no more talk of the infamous ex. Besides, when was the last time you talked to Angela?”

I thought for a second, standing in front of where Cree was sitting on her bed. “I think it’s been a year. Things got awkward after I became a little hostile towards her. Ugh, Trevor was such a horrible mistake.” I slapped my hand against my forehead.

“Trevor was a perfect mistake. He was your first… well, everything. And you dated for 3 years in high school, Krysh. You can’t just forget about him.”

“He may have been my first everything, but he was still cheating on me through the whole relationship. It wouldn’t be as bad if he hadn’t cheated on me with mom. I mean, really? If I didn’t hate her before, I hated her then.”

She sighed in defeat. “Good point. I’m just glad that dad kicked her out.”

“Me too.”

_ _ _

Sometime after Cree and I talked, I dozed off on her bed. I woke up to find a note on the door from Cree.

Krysh,
Dad’s in the hospital. You refused to wake up.
He got in a car accident. Come down here when you wake up.
Love you.
-Cree


Car crash? Hospital? Dad? No no no, this can’t happen. Not to my dad.

I ran as fast as I could to my car and rushed to the hospital. God, please make sure he’s okay. Please, he can’t leave me.

When I got to the hospital, I ran to the front desk. “I need the room for Donald Bravo.”

“We can’t let anyone but family inside at the moment.”

“I’m his daughter, Krysha Bravo. Please, you have to let me in.” Tears were welling up in my eyes as I stared at the lady behind the desk. Her eyes grew wide.

“Oh no, hon., don’t cry. His room number’s 347 on the 3rd floor.” She smiled at me sympathetically. I smiled back weakly before running to the elevators. I pressed the “up” button repeatedly until the doors finally opened. I ran in and did the same thing to the “3” button. Ugh, why are elevators so slow?

When the doors finally opened, I ran as fast as I could to my dad’s room, almost knocking down 5 nurses in the process. When I got to my dad’s room, I opened the door to see Cree sitting next to his unconscious body, bawling. I sat next to her, grabbing my dad’s hand and squeezing it tightly. That’s when the tears began to fall.

_ _ _

I woke up to Cree snoring softly with her head on my back and my head on my dad’s stomach. I was still holding his hand. A nurse came in and smiled a sad smile at me. She did what she needed to and walked out. I looked outside to see it was daytime. I looked at my phone, the bright screen flashing 2:48. I slipped out of the room and down to the cafeteria. I got some food and sat at a table by myself, picking at my food every once and while. I really didn’t feel like eating anything. I’m sure it would just come back up. I threw away my tray and walking back into the room. Cree was up now, but in the same position she was in before. I looked at my phone again. 6:12. I must’ve been down there long.

“It’s been raining since this morning.”

“It’s the middle of summer.”

“Don’t you think I fucking know that, Krysh?” She snapped her head to glare and me and turned her gaze back to our dad. For the first time since I came here yesterday, I actually looked at him and his condition. Even all cleaned up, he looked horrible. His skin was extremely pale, his hair greasy, veins popping out, and all the cuts and bruises from the crash standing out a bright red and purple color. I couldn’t look at him. It was making me sick. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I ran out of the hospital.

When I got to my car, I got in the driver’s seat and sped off in the pouring rain. I knew where I had to go to calm my nerves.

The harbor was empty when I pulled up. Perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, poor Krysha :(
I'm like, running out the door right now, so it's probably unedited and bad.
Calm your nuts, I'm sorry.
Angela's in the story because I have a plan for her character ;D Muhaha.

Comment and subscribe please :)
FEEDBACK IS LOVE.