Status: A little nervous about posting this :/

She Had Me At Bonjour

Cinque

“C’mon, guys! Just one game!” Jack was on his knees in front of the couch with his hands together, giving us all puppy dog eyes.

“Jack, it pouring rain outside. The mini-golf course won’t even be open,” Rain said as he sat back down on the couch, water bottle in hand.

“We can set up a mini-golf course in Flyzik’s backyard!”

Matt whipped his head around and glared at Jack. “Touch my lawn, and I’ll chop your balls off.”

Jack whimpered and turned to Alex. Before he could say anything, Alex pushed his head away and popped a piece of gum in his mouth.

“Zacky, pleeeeeease?” I shook my head.

“Sorry.” I got up and walking into the kitchen, grabbing a banana. Banana. Bananana? Banana. Why is it so difficult to spell or say banana? Such a weird word.

I was about to walk back to the living room, but stopped myself. They were all talking about me in hushed tones. I put my ear up to the door to hear them better.

“Has anyone noticed Zack being a little distant and quiet lately?” Jack.

“Yeah. He’s also been spacing out. He locks himself up in the exercise room for hours at a time too. Ever since Jack threw him in the pool.” Alex.

“It’s not that big of a deal. I said sorry eventually.”

“Still. I mean, I know he’s naturally a little quieter then most, but it’s like he barely talks and keeps to himself now. I’m a little worried.”

“Do you think a family member died or something?” Matt chimed in.

“Nah, he would’ve told us.”

“Guys, I don’t think we should be talking about this. What if Zack hears you?” Rian, always the peacemaker.

“Yeah, you’re right. But we should talk about this later.”

I don’t know why, but my blood boiled at them talking about me and my “issues”. Ever since I lost Krysha’s number I’ve been a little on edge. It’s been two weeks already. She probably thinks I forgot about her or something. I’ve done just the opposite. She’s the only thing on my mind and it’s driving my crazy. I haven’t been this hooked on a girl since, well, ever.

These past few weeks, pretty much anything sets me off. I didn’t want to end up hurting one of my best friends over something stupid, so I kept to myself.

This time, I just couldn’t take it. I threw my banana on the counter and walked through the door, storming out of the house. I probably just worried everyone in the house, but right now I couldn’t care less. I needed to calm down and clear my thoughts. The sound of the rain hitting my car helped a little bit, but not much. Why it was pouring rain in summer, I had no idea.

I had to drive somewhere that would calm my nerves. Somewhere no one would be at this time while it was pouring rain. It was only 7 and it was already pitch black, minus the street lamps and traffic lights. Where is someplace I could go?

And that’s when it hit me. I needed to go the harbor.

_ _ _

I parked a ways away so I could walk there. I was already soaked by the time I took 3 steps. When
I got to the harbor, the place seemed deserted. I silently cheered and started walking up the harbor until I saw the bench where Krysha and I sat. There was someone there. I was about to turn back until a lamp turned on beside the bench and lit up the back of the person sitting there. It was obviously a girl. She must’ve been sitting here for a while. She was completely soaked, and wasn’t wearing a jacket. I silently walked up to the bench. When I got a little closer, I saw her dark brown hair falling down her shoulder, which were shaking. She was crying, her make-up smeared and head in her hands.

“K-Krysha?” She looked up at me with sad eyes, a frown on her face. Even crying and frowning, her make-up and hair a mess, she still looked beautiful. I took a seat next to her and wrapped my arms around her. She hesitated, but eventually wrapped her arms around my torso, crying into my already wet shirt.

“I-It’s my d-dad. He’s in the h-hospital. He m-might not m-make i-it.” Her voice was slightly muffled and hard to understand because of her sobs. I pulled her closer and stroked her hair. I whispered reassurances in her ear, her sobs slowing down until she stopped crying all together. She unwrapped her hands and cuddled into my chest, looking up at me. She whispered a “thanks” and smiled. I smiled back and continued to stroke her hair.

We sat silently like that for what seemed like forever, the rain coming down harder then before. Krysha shivered and looked up at me. I took off my jacket and put it around her arms. It wouldn’t do much, considering it was soaked through, but it was a start. She continued to stare at me until she spoke up.

“Y-you never called.” Her voice seemed sad and shook a bit when she talked.

“My phone died before I got to put your number in my phone. Jack pushed me in the pool and the number came off. Trust me, I would have called. I was even thinking about using one of the guy’s phones while mine was charging, but I thought if I called you then I would’ve seemed a bit desperate.” My voice lowered towards the end, a slight blush creeping up my cheeks. In all honestly, I was a little desperate. But not enough to go for any random girl.

“I would’ve p-picked up. Y-You wouldn’t seem d-desperate to m-me.” She cuddled back into my torso and I felt her smile against my chest, which caused me to smile. Once again, we sat there like that for what seemed like forever. She lifted her head and looked at me, biting her bottom lip. There wasn’t much space between our faces.

“I think I r-remember us being interrupted b-before?” She smiled and I smiled back.

“I think you’re right about that.”

She giggled and I closed the space between us, our lips moving in perfect sync. She deepened the kiss and I smiled into it, getting a smile from her in return. When we pulled apart, she blushed and buried herself back into my chest, sighing happily.

This moment was definitely more then perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Definitely my favorite chapter. I cried while writing this.
It's so detailed because I played this whole chapter in my head while writing this. No joke, it was like watching a movie in my brain.
If you don't "aww" at this, you're insane.
If you're wondering, I'm not gonna make them go too fast or anything. You'll see where their relationship is in the next chapter.

So I'm a mess right now. I'm crying because of this chapter and one of my favorite stories ending on a sad note, my birthday trip was cancelled, this weekend sucked, my mom decided throwing stuff at me yesterday was enjoyable, I still have so much work to do and Summer School ends on my birthday, my dad moved out today, my step-mom bailed on taking me to the OC Fair, and I can't go to Warped Tour Wednesday.

Boo-fucking-hoo, I'll shut up with my life story now.

46 Readers, 14 Subscribers, 25 Comments.
Thank you everyone who comments and subscribes, I love you so much, you don't even know. This story would be dead and gone if it weren't you for guys.
I should seriously shut up now.

Comment&Subscribe!