Sequel: Caged Mentality
Status: New, Active

Reminiscing

Best *** Up Ever Part 1

“What did you tell dad we were doing?” I asked, glancing at my twin. He shrugged, acting as though it didn't matter. We had to keep our stories straight if something happened – not that it was hard to. Usually Eli and I picked up on the others thoughts pretty easily. Unless it came to school. Eli was terrible.

His hazel eyes looked up at the sky. The sidewalk we were walking down was only being lit by the street lamps, a few flickering off and on. Our feet led us to Tayden's two story house that he had to himself for the weekend. Neither me nor Eli could see why his parents would even trust him. But lucky for us they did.

The party had begun about an hour ago. And we were late now because our parents thought it'd be a great idea to have us all sit down and watch some movie. I couldn't even tell you what it was about. The entire time I was half asleep trying to stay awake. Dad had woken up Eli at least twice. We both hated how our parents tried so hard to make everything together. Didn't most kids like us want to be with our friends and not doing lame family activities?

Those activities never were as bad as church or school... or Sunday school.

“He thinks we're with Kairo.” He grinned, watching a brunette haired boy jump off the porch railing and jump onto Eli's back with a beer bottle in his hand. Tayden grinned, holding onto Eli and taking a drink from his bottle.

“You are late, damn fucker. What's wrong with you?” Tayden demanded, hanging on Eli till he was dropped. Tayden pulled his graphic tee down again, getting another sip. Eli turned around putting his arm around Tayden's neck causing his friend to spit out some of the liquid in his mouth. “What the fuck?” he laughed trying to get him off.

“Because our stupid parents wanted quality time. And you know, I had to go through the trouble of convincing our dad that we were at Kairo's instead of at your house.” Eli rolled his eyes, then shoved Tayden, but not enough to make him fall.

Dad knew Tayden threw parties and so we weren't allowed to be at his house. Such a pain, too. Tayden was a lot of fun to be around. We always would walk from Kairo's house to Tayden's when he had parties. Dad always believed us that we would stay at Kairo's. Helped that he always talked to his parent's I guess. But neither of us were allowed to drive, because dad still didn't trust us to, so we always had to walk here.

“Your father should trust me, I mean come on, nothing bad happens to you two.” He laughed.

“Yeah? Well, he doesn't like parties. Or drinking. Speaking of which...” Eli took the bottle out of Tayden's hand causing his expression to morph into a 'what the fuck' look. My brother just smirked and drank all that was left.

“You're an ass.” Tayden shoved him, causing Eli and I to laugh and spill some of the contents onto the sidewalk.

“I'll let you two fuck around out here. I’m gonna go inside.” I laughed, walking up the stairs and through the open door. Eli started to follow me into the crowded and overly noisy living room.

He threw his arm around me. “Wait, I'm coming too. I need a drink.”

I grinned, looking back at him. I pulled out a small bag. Sure, drinking was fun, but not nearly as much as getting high, depending on what you had.

“Fuck yes! I swear we think the same. How did you manage that without dad seeing?” He laughed as we stopped at the table with various snacks and drinks. We both reached for the same drink, then I moved my hand and reached for another. And I really hope its more that we just happen to have the same thought cross our minds not us thinking the same all the time.... Scary thought...

I shrugged, sipping it. “I just kept it in our bathroom after mom cleaned it out. And I put it in my pocket when we left. Not much to it.”

“Dad just doesn't trust me.” he grumbled, not understanding why. It was obvious why not though.

We both started laughing as I nodded in agreement.

“I'm not failing school because I ditch.” Dad always got called to school for Eli being absent and for failing various tests or a class.

“School is a waste of my time! We'll just be in a band anyway. Who needs education?” He planned on being in a band. I didn't really want to do that forever. It was fun, but I wanted to help people.

I rolled my eyes. His expression shifted to a bit of bitterness, disgust, and confusion when an arm wrapped around my waist and lips met my cheek. I felt a shock wave flow through me as my breath stopped and I stared blankly forward.

“I'll be leaving... for now anyway.” Eli glared at me then walking away. He didn't believe I was gay, and he loathed seeing Spence and I act romantic towards each other. I never understood his issue. And I wish I did so he'd stop making life so fucking hard. Maybe I could fix it.

I felt a smirk from the lips on my cheek as I was spun around to face a pair of brown eyes. “Hey.” Spence rested his forehead against mine. “Missed you.”

“I missed you too.” I smiled up at him.

His arms snaked around my waist pulling me against him. He placed his lips on mine gently, savoring every moment of it. He pulled away taking a step back. “Your dad doesn't know you're here huh?” he laughed, pecking my lips. “I wonder why he likes me and not your band members.”

I shrugged. I guess it didn't make much sense.

“Let's see... the only thing your band mates do is party and drugs and drink.” he noted, “But I do all that on top of sneaking into your house and various other things.” he smirked watching my face turn a bright red and my eyes locked on the floor.

“Yeah...well... he doesn't... know...” I mumbled.

He used his finger to tilt my head up. He held a serious expression on his face. I already knew what he'd be begging me for. It was something he always wanted and something I just couldn't bring myself to do. I was just afraid to. It made even less sense seeing as we acted like it anyway. The only difference being if we wanted we could go off with others, but it still upset the other.

“You know I’d never...”

“I know but... I...”

He sighed heavily. “Fine... for now...” his eyes showed pain and frustration as he shifted them to the floor. He began to walk away before I caught his wrist.

“Wait... tonight...”

He smiled, “Of course. I’ll wait.”

I sat on a couch, seeing a few people playing a drinking game. Another section of the room had people dancing.

Wade came up behind me, tackling me to the floor. I laughed, shoving him off me. “Bastard.”

He grinned, “You looked dead, I had to make sure you were still awake.”

“Hey Riel, you seen Jayce at all? Or Kairo?” Eli asked, sitting next to me on the floor. He had another glass of vodka in his hand mixed with some fruity beverage.

“How much have you drank? Hell, we still have to be okay tomorrow. Dad's going to be home.” If he had a hangover it would be impossible to say we were at Kairo's. He'd wonder where he got the alcohol and then wonder if I drank any. I didn't need to be in trouble due to his stupidity.

“Not enough.” He pulled his phone out looking through his contacts.

“Idiot.” I shook my head pulling out the bag I'd had earlier, handing it over to Tayden. He walked out of the room.

“Kairo is probably too busy with that slut from math class.” Wade laughed.

“Hey, least he's getting something.” Eli laughed. “I can't find Jayce's number.” He sighed heavily. Continuing to look through his contacts.

“Just forget calling him,” I mumbled, seeing Tayden come back in the room, handing me a small white object that I loved seeing. I grinned, pulling out a lighter. “Best shit ever, aside from that crap you pulled out last week, Tayden.” I inhaled the smoke, feeling it enter my system. I sat back in the couch, taking another hit.

“You'd better share!” Eli complained, reaching over and taking it from me. He was still trying to go through his phone. He finally seemed to find Jayce's number. He held the phone up to his ear.

I rolled my eyes but laughed. I relaxed, taking the joint from him and inhaling more chemicals. It was my favorite feeling, even though the high hadn't hit me just yet. I still had a bit of a buzz from the alcohol.

“We need to have a practice soon. You got a new song yet?” Wade asked, staring at me with a grin. I was the songwriter and backup guitarist and singer.

I nodded. “It'll be finished tomorrow. I think the lyrics go a lot better this time.”

“Yeah? Can we get a preview?” Tayden looked at me eagerly, sitting on the edge of the chair he was sitting in.

I laughed, shaking my head. “Nope. You'll just have to wait.”

Wade sighed heavily, relaxing a bit more. “Aw, that's not fair at all.” What did they expect me to do? Burst out into song?

“Why do you look like you were just sentenced to death?” Tayden burst out laughing, staring at Eli. He'd hit Wade's shoulder, pointing to Eli finding his expression funny.

I turned my head to look at him. His face had a mixture of fear and panic. What happened? He had only called either Kairo or Jayce. Everyone else we knew was asleep or here. And no one had walked over here since we'd sat here.

“Eli?” I nudge his shoulder. He looked at me, our eyes locked. “What did you do?” I asked hesitantly. I didn't really want to know. That look I'd never seen on his face before.

“I... Dad...” He looked down at his phone and I followed his line of vision. All I could see was a call ending across the screen with the word 'dad' across the top.

He called Dad?

“What did you do?” I demanded, standing up, frantic. What the fuck were we supposed to do if he had done that? We were both getting high and tipsy. I wasn't drunk yet... But what would dad even do? He never knew we partied at all. It'd been a well kept secret for the past year. Dad was going to murder us...

“It was an accident, Riel! I swear it,” he defended, standing as well and trying to calm me down. It wasn't gonna work. He was a bit frantic and I was getting there too. It wasn't just us who'd get in trouble either.

Dad knew we were here. He knew Kairo wasn't home. He knew we were at a party. And the worst part was neither of us were sober and we both would smell like weed. Couldn't he have picked a better time to be stupid rather than now? Any other time? I would have preferred he walked in with Spence in my room than this. We were dead. Totally dead.

“Holy shit...” Tayden stood up looking around the house. “He's gonna tell my parents too. You fucking idiot!”

Wade stood up too, staring at Eli, then Tayden. His parents got along with Tayden's. And they wouldn't trust them alone anymore. I'd be willing to bet that Wade's parents thought Tayden's were here.

“Can we even clear this place and make it look perfect by the time he gets here?” I asked, looking around the room. It wouldn't be possible. The place was trashed. Too many people were here.

“No fucking way!” Wade muttered, putting the joint between his lips and started to pick stuff up anyway. “You're such a goddamn idiot, Eli.” He glared at him

“We're all so fucking dead... May as well take what's left of our lives and spend it burying our graves in the damn backyard! Kairo and Jayce are so lucky they didn't show up. They'll get by with just being interrogated by their parents. But no, us four will get fucking shot!” Tayden grumbled, starting to help Wade clean up the living room area. He had plenty of a reason to be pissed too, but I’d bet he was as terrified as us.

Tayden's father was a lawyer, and not a very nice one. I’m not saying he was abusive or anything, just strict. And his mother was a Sunday School teacher and also was the church's treasury. We always thought our father was bad with being overly religious, until we remembered Tayden's parents. And they never believed Tayden threw parties... They'd definitely know now...

Wade was in a similar boat. Aside from his mother stayed home all day, and his father worked with my dad's. Our fathers were good friends... and that was a bad thing for Wade right now. He'd be given every detail, if he wasn't being given that right now while dad was driving here. At least I assume he is driving here.

I stared at the floor. We should have been just making our graves. This was going to be a total mess. And far from fun. Standing, I handed the joint to Eli who was stupid enough to keep using it. I gave him a look.

“Hey, if I’m gonna get in trouble, I’ll use what I can till I can't.”

“Jackass, we can say someone else was smoking it.” I retorted, taking it from him and handing it to Wade on the way out the door. Why make him find us? It was easier to just wait for him.

Wade had put it out, following us onto the porch and dropping what was left in the bag. “I guess I'll go hide this somewhere...” He walked off into the backyard as several people walked out of the house. I think Tayden was going to try his best to make the house look spotless. It wasn't even worth it.

We both sat on the edge of the sidewalk staring at cars that drove by. My heart stopped every time I thought I saw dad's car.

“We'll be stuck at home a while now,” he mumbled after a few minutes.

I nodded. “Dad won't trust us for a while either.” If ever...

He nodded, eyes locked on the sidewalk and obviously a bit nervous.

“I'm kinda scared of what he'll do.” We looked at each other.

“I won't let him hurt you,” he assured, placing an arm around me. “Only I can hurt you.”

I didn't understand how he could simply joke around. We were basically awaiting a death sentence. He did drink more than me though. I think he was just trying to act okay.

We both sat in silence, watching various cars go by. My heart stopped when Dad's SUV pulled up to the curb. Wade's Dad pulled up right behind him. I was right. He had called him right on the way over here.

Wade's father got out of the car, slamming the door shut muttering to himself. He glanced at us but just looked back at the house he was angrily stomping up to. We both heard him yell at Wade, then telling everyone left to leave. I think even Tayden's parents had been contacted then... Tayden was going back with Wade's parents...

Our father was just sitting in his car. He didn't even spare a look at us, but you could tell he was getting impatient. I bit my lip. Eli and I slid into the back seat of the car. The moment our doors shut he sped off.

Most of the ride was silent. I hoped it'd stay that way... But it also meant he was too angry to talk or something.

“Elijah,” he began in a stern voice, “Mind telling me why you and Gabriel were there?”

Eli looked at me then at the rear view mirror Dad was staring at us through. And our full names were never used unless he was either very upset, or overly happy – which was rare.

“I don't know... we just... wanted to have fun is all. It's more my fault. Riel didn't know we were coming here,” he defended. Eli always wanted to take the blame for me... and as much as I wish he could, it didn't feel right. I was his brother. I couldn't just let him go down alone.

“You're both drunk,” he concluded. He could probably smell it. “You didn't make him drink.” He paused a long moment, turning onto the road to our house. Five minutes till we got home... “You two smell like weed too. Wanna explain that to me?”

“There was a group of people there smoking it. We didn't...” I mumbled quietly, more scared than anything. I was a horrible liar. I guess I was hoping I could do it properly for once.

It was quiet again. We pulled up to the house. Dad got out of the car then slaming his door shut and waiting on the porch for us.

“I don't wanna get out...” I bit my lip, nervous.

Eli took my hand. “We can't sit in here all night. We'll be fine. It's not like he'll literally kill us. And where else would we go anyway? I’ll take the heat.”

“He always goes after me.”

“Cause you always tell the truth and he can get it out of you when you don't.” He laughed, opening the door and stepping out, pulling me with him. Eli always acted so damn calm. And he would till dad got the best of him.

We both walked to the porch, following dad into the living room, and sat on the couch. I kept my eyes on the floor till his hand roughly pulled my head up. His eye's locked on mine, glaring at me. “Gabriel, you tell me the truth. Did you two intend to go to the party and not Kairo's?”

I glanced at Eli, then at dad. Why did he have to do this to me? Why not go after Eli? “No... we... well...” How could I just let my brother take all the blame? I knew what we were doing the entire time. He never told me a thing about Kairo's till I asked. I couldn't do it. “Yes... Well... I mean...”

“Dad, leave him alone. I told him we were going to Kairo's then I took him to a party. End of story. Nothing happened, we're okay, and now we're going to bed,” Eli assured, going to stand until Dad gave him a look. Eli sat down immediately, looking off at the wall.

“Did you know you were going to a party?” he repeated, focused on me again.

I nodded reluctantly.

“Did you smoke weed?”

I stared at him wide eyed, there was no way I could tell the truth with this. We'd be six feet under in an hour if I told him yes. But was I even convincing enough? Probably not.

“Gabriel!” he shouted, snapping me back to the present.

“No. Dad, I told you why we smell that way.”

“So if I search your room, I won't find anything?”

I looked back at Eli who just returned my look of panic. We couldn't do that... if he was serious, he'd find something.

“Right.” I took my chances.

“Okay, you both can wait here then.” He left the room after shoving me back against the couch.

“Eli! What are we gonna do? He's...”

“We'll get in more trouble if he finds it after you lied,” he hissed. “Dad!” he yelled. Dad walked back into the room, arms crossed. Eli just stared at him, gnawing on his lip. He didn't want to say it. “You're right... I smoked pot... and I drank alcohol...”

“You?” He looked at me, arms crossed. He wasn't acting as angry as I thought he would yet. And that was worrying me.

I closed my eyes, nodding. “I did too...” I mumbled, waiting for him to start yelling.

“Both of you get to your room,” he ordered angrily.

We obeyed, looking at each other. We had no idea what he was going to do. And he was acting abnormally calm but it was a silent anger. He was woken up at two in the morning by his sixteen year old son calling him – obviously drunk. I guess I’d be upset too, if I wasn't in the situation of being one of the sons who did it.

I opened the door, going inside and sitting on my bed. Eli sat next to me, looking up at dad. I didn't want to see dad. I wanted to go back and take Eli's phone from him so he couldn't do anything.

“Here's what we're going to do. You will hand me every drug you've hidden in this room. Both of you. And then I’ll go through your room tomorrow. Any extra I find will add another month of grounding.”

We both nodded. Neither of us wanted to lose what we'd stashed, but getting in more trouble than needed wasn't an option. We looked at each other, then looked at Dad, expecting him to leave. He didn't.

“Well, get moving. I’m not standing here for my health.” He glared, motioning for us to move. “You think I don't want to see where you hide things? This will be the last time any illegal thing will be in my house.”

Eli and I both stood up, each going to our own dressers and pulling out what we had. It wasn't a very creative hiding spot, but that was the point. We both handed him the bag we had then looked at the floor.

“This is it? There isn't anymore?” he asked, staring at us. How much did he expect us to have? It wasn't cheap... And it didn't grow in our backyard either.

“That's all there is... Jeez...” Eli crossed his arms, looking away. His pride was probably pretty damaged, and would only get more beat up.

Dad sighed heavily. “Get ready for bed.” He pointed to the bathroom.

We both grabbed our pajamas and changed in the bathroom without saying a word, then brushed our teeth. We walked out, expecting him to have left, but he was locking the window when we came back. I climbed into my bed and pulled the covers over me. Eli got on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

“Where do you expect us to go? It's not like we can go anywhere... We live far from town, and we can't drive,” Eli spat, glaring at dad. He never knew how to shut up when he should.

Dad gave him a look. “I'm not worried about you running off. I’m more concerned about you trying to find a way to hide whatever else may be laying around in this room. And neither of you will be leaving this room.” He messed up Eli's hair then did the same to me. “Night, boys. You'll be woken up at eight. And no complaining.”

He walked out, closing the door, then we heard it lock. The lock had been changed a while back so it locked from the outside and not the inside... I blame Eli for that one still.

“Dad is really fucking pissed.” I glared at my brother who was climbing down the ladder and walked over to my bed.

He looked off at the wall. “Sorry. That's all I can say. I didn't mean to freakin call dad on accident. He sounded different I thought...”

“Duh! You're not fucking sober! You probably didn't even listen to see who answered. You probably just noticed someone picked up the phone and then you rambled on like an idiot!” I didn't want to get too upset with him. He was truly sorry...

“What do you want me to do? We're already stuck in this mess.”

“Yeah, and he took a few hundred dollars worth of shit.”

“We'll get by... It's not like I gave him everything.” He rolled his eyes, climbing into my king size bed. For some reason he always liked to sleep in my bed and not his own. And it was probably because he knew Dad hated it.

I stared at him a moment. “You didn't? Why? What did you keep in here?” I demanded. As far as I knew, I had given him everything I had. But I didn't want to get in trouble for what Eli had stupidly kept.

“Look, it's one thing to give him a bag of weed, another to give him cocaine. That's so much worse...” He sighed, hitting his head against the headboard. “But I didn't expect him to lock us in here... I thought...”

“Dad isn't stupid! Of course he would! He doesn't trust you, and it's for a reason.” Seriously, how could my brother be so stupid? “We're so dead... beyond dead... he's going to find it tomorrow!”

“No he won't. I'll just keep it with me or something.”

“Like he won't check our clothes? He's waking us up at eight. You going to get up before that or something?”

“I'm going to... Our lives kind of depend on it...” He pulled out his phone, setting the alarm.

“I think he'll expect that too. You're not going to win this. Dad isn't stupid. Have you not realized that yet?” I hit him with the pillow.

“We'll figure something out. Besides, it's hidden in my stuff, so if something happens, I can take all the blame.”

“There is never anything we don't do together though... I can't just walk away from this either.”

“Just go to sleep.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is part one of this mini adventure. I think there will be a total of three.
I don't know when my co-author will be updating again, but until she does, I will be adding stuff to this story. I'll be using various characters. And I hope everyone likes it.

Sorry we took so long!! xD We are planning on re-writing Caged Mentality, so be on the look out for that. And For anyone who hasn't checked the Summary page for Caged mentality, there are several pictures which have been uploaded.

Tell me what you guys think :D

~ dice

(PSST.... Sorry for any grammatical errors, She refused to go over this chapter because Kris would want to murder Spence) xD