I'm Your Truth

Part 1

"4821, 4823-Finally!" I point to the fairly large 2 story house I had been looking for for the past 2 hours. The cab driver glanced at me in the rear-view mirror and rolled his eyes as if to say, 'I know how to read, Princess.'

What? I can’t help it if I'm a backseat driver!

The taxi rolled into the driveway of 4825, the house my older brother shared with one of his loser friends. I paid the cabbie and he brought my bags to the door.

"Here goes nothing." I mumble as I knock on the oak stained door, hoping I had the right house. After a minute and still no answer I checked the address I had scribbled down on my hand this morning to the one screwed into the front of the house; they were one in the same.

Where is he? Johnny said he'd be here, but I should know better, he never was the reliable type. Knocking again, I heard a loud thud followed by profuse swearing on the other side of the door. Finally it opened partially; an inked grungy man in need of a good shave peered out, not smiling.

"Johnny?" My voice was a little unsure if this was the man who was my brother since I hadn't seen him in 4 years. Lucky him, he moved out at 17 to live with some friend of his so he was more ‘accessible’ to their little band thing. I don't really know much about it because 1) I never really was all that close with Johnny, and 2) Our parents weren't exactly thrilled with his choice occupation, or the fact he dropped out just for this. From what I've heard, he is plenty successful enough to support himself and obviously me as well now.

I was glad to get see my brother, but I wish it were under different circumstances. It was only 3 weeks, the accident.

"Jaden? Oh wow you've grown!"

A second later and I was pulled under the threshold and embraced in a bear hug. I hadn't anticipated this reaction so I stiffened immediately. Johnny must have noticed and pushed me an arms length away to study my face as if to verify he'd grabbed the right person.

A little late now, Idiot.

"Yes Johnny, it's me." I study my shoes, not sure what else to say. In all actuality I hadn't expected him to be so enthusiastic about me coming to live with him, or even seeing me for that matter.

"I missed you, ya know that squirt?" He quietly stated, pulling me in for another quick squeeze before leading me into the house.

Whoa, not only was his house pretty big, but surprisingly CLEAN!

Growing up, when Johnny still lived back at home, he wouldn’t accomplish a thing if his little ass wasn’t forced to. He must have caught my shocked expression.

"Oh, that would be Zack's handy work; he's a bit of a neat freak, so he does all the 'tidying up' around the house" He chuckled using air quotes.

Zack. That must be his idiotic friends name, Johnny never hung out with the brightest of kids.

We sat around catching up for a good hour or so. Johnny's band, Avenged Sevenfold, seems to have 'blown up!' as he likes to put it. Other than that, wild parties and alcohol consumed the rest of his life. Oh and his girlfriend Ana, whom he didn’t speak of much, only that he plans to 'shake her off once touring comes around again'. Which he said I'd be tagging along for. Not too sure if I'm gonna look forward to that. Too many people, too little space.

Johnny decided the only way I could meet his band mates was through a party, which seems about the only thing he really knows how to do. Before I knew it, I was being shoved up the stairs with Johnny lugging my bags behind me.

"It's 5 now, I'll tell people to start coming around 6ish so that should give you about an hour to make yourself look sexy for you future customers." he turned to leave.

I cocked my head and arched an eyebrow

"Nah, I'm just kidding Jade! I'd never let clients from your corner job in the house!" he laughed before leaving 'my' room. I had forgotten how hilarious my brother was-note the sarcasm.

Not too keen on the whole party idea, I showered and dressed conservatively, though it didnt do much to hide my shapely figure. I really don't want a bunch of people over, buts it's not my house therefore I have no say in it. I was down for the whole 'partying' idea, but big crowds just didnt suit me. It goes way back to when my parents would go on business trips. It seemed as though most my days were spent alone and then when Johnny left, I practically had no one. Mom and dad were in and out the house and I wasn't a very social child. Over time just being around new people intimidated me beyond belief, to the point were I dreaded even leaving the house. Maybe with Johnny's help I'll get over this childish fear.

I pulled junk out of my bags and began unpacking,

Maybe if I stay up here Johnny will forget about me and I wont have to deal with all these people tonight. I can wait to conquer my fear till another day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and dull, but it gets better :]