I'm Your Truth

Part 11

Image
Banner made by Rhain (Bittersweetstar) Thanks hoe! :]

The day went by slowly with Zack avoiding me at all costs. He even knocked off one of Johnny's collectable gnomes off the table in the living room as he tried to flee from the same room as me. Ya, that went over well with my brother.

I couldn't help but to feel guilty. What had I said that made him look at me with such hatred? I make fun of him all the time, what makes this any different?However, the more I thought about it the more I started to believe I'd imagined the look I saw on his face. Whichever, I still felt bad.

"Hey Jaden, can you take this up to Zack's room for me?" Johnny asked extending in his arms the laundry basket. He loves folding clothes. Why? I haven't the slightest clue, I definitely didn't inherit that trait.

"Why do I have to do it? He's your friend." I muttered growing agitated with the argument inside my head.

Giving up before he could retaliate, I snatched the clothes filled basket and tromped upstairs and to the bastards room. Standing outside for a few moments I gathered the nerve to knock, not wanting to walk in on him doing 'anything'.

"It's open!" his lisp could be heard from the opposite side. Quickly, wanting to get it done and over with I flung open the door and tossed the basket on his bed. Before I got out the door though Zack grabbed my wrist spinning me around to face him.

I hadn't realized how close he was and out of reflex I pulled my hands up to stop myself from bumping into him. Instead my hands rested perfectly on his wide chest, my eyes level with his pouty lips.

"Your such a bitch you know that?"

"What are you talking about? All I did was bring up your laundry." I said, playing ignorant and shakily with drawing my hands.

"You know what I mean." Zack's voice was low. I could feel his warm breathe on my face as I took a step back.

"Whatever." I choked on the words as the guilt swelled in the back of my throat for a brief moment before he returned to his usual arrogant self.

"You know, I think I liked you better when you were screaming my name." He smirked.

What the hell happened to the wounded-puppy-dog-eyed-Zack who was standing before me 5 seconds ago?

Leaving him alone to sort out his own issues, I walked back to my room to freshen up a bit. Earlier Johnny had mentioned something about going out for dinner. I re-straitened my hair and touched up my make up before hopping downstairs. If Zack was going to be an asshole, that's fine, but he's not going to bring me down, not when there's Asian food involved.

---~*~---

It was supposed to be just a family dinner thing between me and Johnny, but of course it's almost impossible to leave Jimmy behind if there's going to be food around.

I waited in the car while Johnny jogged up to the doorstep to collect our unusually tall friend. I watched as Jimmy's ruffled hair came into view, followed by 2 others, Brian and Matt. So much for a 'family type thing'

"And here's your spicy salmon rolls, babe." Carefully my dish was sat down in front of me, my mouth immediately watering. Every one else ordered something deep fried and swimming in grease. What's the point of coming to a sushi bar if your not even going to order sushi?

"So, just let me know if there's anything else I can get or do for you." The waitress squeezed my shoulder and winked at me. I ignored her obnoxious strut and dug into my food. It took me a moment to realize no one else was eating, but instead staring at me.

"What?" I ask through a mouthful of rice.

"$50."

"Huh?" I looked at Brian trying to figure out what I'd missed.

He spoke again, "$50. If you make out with her, I'll give you 50."

"I don't know what your talking about." This seemed to be my new favorite phrase lately. I reached for the soy sauce across the table as a distraction.

"Come on Jade! That waitress was totally flirting with you! I bet if you go make out with her in the back we can get our food for free." Jimmy sounded slightly excited about that.

"That'd be hot." Matt chuckled looking off somewhere, possibly imagining that scene unfolding.

"I think yall are just a bunch of horny little boys who need to get laid." I say shoving more sushi into my mouth.

"And I think your right darlin', so what do you say I take you around back and ravage your-"

"Watch it Brian." Johnny practically growled form across the table. "I don't want to hear any of yall hitting on my little sister! I'm supposed to be able to trust you guys to be mature adults around her and set a good example. Besides if any of yall ever do wanna fuck her just think of it as yall fucking me since we are blood and all." He smirked at the faces and groans he received, clearly getting his point across.

I glanced up to see Brian give me a funny look. Obviously he knows something, probably best to stay on good terms with him.

"Want a salmon roll?" I offered Brian.

"Ya, sure." He said leaning forward and sucking the piece of fish and rolled rice from between my chopsticks.

"Hey!" I whined in response.

"What? You offered."

"Ya, but only 'cus I thought you'd say no!" I sulk and shovel my rice around my plate.

"Thanks, I feel loved." He feigned a look of hurt and slouched down in his chair.

"Welcome hoe."

---~*~---
"What was I the only one not invited?" Zack questioned when the five of us entered the house.

"Something like that." Jimmy rubbed in.

"Whatever." Zack huffed and flopped onto the couch while the rest of us waddled our full bellies to the kitchen for something to drink.

After a mug of hot white tea I headed off to bed only to be followed by Johnny. I grabbed my night clothes as he made a running dash for my bed.

"I can't believe him." Johnny said scooting closer to me on the bed after I'd changed.

"Who? " I asked starting to doze off.

"Zack."

At the mention of his name I was as awake as if someone had just quizzed lemon juice into my brain. (50 points to who ever messages me with what movie that's from :]) Did he know? Is Brian really evil enough to tell my brother something like that? The blood in my veins pulsed so loud I was almost positive he could hear it's erratic beating. "W-why's that?"

" 'Why's that'? WHY'S THAT?! He broke one of my fucking gnomes that's fucking why!" He nearly shrieked into my ear.

"Johnny, it's just ceramic, you can get a new one." I say not really understanding why it was such a big deal. Maybe it's a special bond thing, I mean they are both quite short. Whatever the reason, I was still relieved to be off the hook

"Buy another one? Stumpyis was a collectable! That little guy cost me $80! Buy another one, fucking hell jade." He muttered the last part.

After a few minutes both of our breathing returned to normal, and Johnny said, "Well the guys probably wont stay for much more than an hour so, you should be able to get some rest."

We shared a somewhat awkward hug and he left to see what damage may have been done in his absence from the living room.

That was close. It's decided. Tomorrow I need to talk to Brian.