I'm Your Truth

Part 4

I awoke later that evening to the loud yelling that was going on downstairs, of which I recognized two of the voices right off, but the others were a bit vague.

I start to walk to the living room but stop on the last stair as their conversation-ok bitch fit, became clearer.

"I don't get it man, why's she gotta stay here? Why now? I'm sure that whore can find else where" Zacky complained.

"Look, things aren't exactly going too well for her so I want to do what I can to-"

"Well why all the sudden now? You never cared before about that whore. You never even mentioned having a sister! Fuck Jonathan I don't understand." All the other whispering in the room stopped at the sound of Johnny's full name. If things here were like they were at home, no one ever used Johnny's whole first name unless it meant trouble or they were really pissed.

I peeked around the corner to see Zacky lowering his finger from Johnny's face even though he was looking at the ground and probably couldn’t see it anyways.

Johnny met him at eye level (yeah I know he's short, but you know what I mean) and if looks could kill, Zacky would have been six feet under 5 minutes ago.

Finally he spoke, more like screamed at Zacky.

"Don't you ever call my sister a whore again Baker! And if you must know so bad, she's living with us because she has nowhere else to go! Our parents died three fucking weeks ago, I've been trying to get a hold of Jade but any of our relatives I call can't stand our part of the family and are no help. And I finally find her and bring her to live with me only for you to go and run her off! You can't do that to her Zack, I don't know how she'll react, especially since I don’t even know how she's holding up with their death and all." He snapped at Zacky, but got quieter towards the end, sounding as though he was going to cry.

I didn’t think Johnny cared that much, I just thought he felt guilty so he was making me move in with him. But by the look he gave Zack I could tell he truly cared about what happens to me.

I looked at everyone else to see there sympathetic faces. Great, thanks Johnny, now I've got what I've always wanted, everyone's pity. I dragged my feet all the way to my room before collapsing on my bed, guilt taking over from causing Zack and Johnny to fight. I hated it when people yelled or fought. I could handle bickering, but when the real arguments break out I get scared. Knowing the fact that I was the cause of this fight didn't help any. I let sleep consume my body as their argument echoed into my room.

---~*~---

It's been two days since I've been living with Johnny and things are just as peachy as the night I arrived. Johnny and Zack are still at each others throats, they'll do well until one says something and the other retaliates with a defensive comment. I keep in my room for the most part, afraid to start something with Zack. I didn’t really want him to hate me. If anyone should be hating someone it should be me. I'm the one who was called all the names. I was thrown out of the house. I was the one who spent the night in jail, not Zack.

But today however, I think things finally settled down between the two of them; I hope.

Johnny decided we'd got to the mall for a little while in hope that Zack and I would 'bond'. Upon our arrival we split in two groups, one being Zack, Brian, and I, the other Johnny, Matt, and Jimmy. Brian turned out to be a good guy, he was just pissed drunk that night he tried to take me home with him. Every time I tried something on he'd say how pretty I looked. Of course Zack would always scoff when he'd do this. At last we were on our way to meet up with the rest of the guys when I talked them into stopping into a dress store real quick. I was never the most girliest of people so buying a nice dress every once in while makes me feel good about myself. I picked out a short and simple black dress to try on of course Brian loved it. He'd been hitting on me all day causing me to blush like crazy before Zack would make some half ass remark. But this was it. I'd put up with his insults all day, and now I couldn’t take it anymore. I didn’t buy the dress, instead I changed back into my clothes before running off to find the rest of the guys. Jimmy was the first one I came across.

"Jade, what's wrong?" he asked pulling me into a tight embrace, obviously seeing I was upset.

"There's too many people, I don’t like it here Jimmy." I lied, taking advantage of my own fear. I couldn’t let anyone know I'd let Zack get to me. I straightened myself out before Brian and Za—Douche caught up with us.

"Don’t ever run off like that again! We were so scared. Someone could have stolen you and sold you in Mexico!" Brian threw his arms up dramatically

"We?" Matt questioned.

Everyone turned to look to look at Dick Face.

"What?" he pretended to have not been paying attention. I noticed he was carrying a bag. He hadn't bought a thing all day. He'd dragged his feet in and out of stores making us wait on him only to claim nothing particularly interested him. But suddenly when I disappear he takes wonders off to buy something? Asshole.

The car ride home was silent for the most part aside from Zack's snide input about my having to sit on Matt's lap so we'd all fit. After Johnny pulls into the driveway, everyone piles out. I being last trail behind Asshole.

Just as I reach the door the little bitch slams it closed in my face and I hear the lock click.

I just stand there in disbelief. I mean I try to be nice to his bitch ass and this is what he does? Immediately I drop to my knees in a sobbing mess. I cant keep it in anymore. I've always let my emotions get the best of me but I tried so hard to push them aside and not let Zack see what he did to me. Someone opened the door and I was pulled into a well built chest and into the house.

"Zack, what the fuck?" I recognize Matt's deep voice.

"I didn’t do anything to her, I just closed the damn door." I heard him high-tail it upstairs and then came Johnny's voice.

"Jaden? What's wrong, baby what happened?" I was pulled from muscular arms and into my brothers smaller ones.

I pull away from him and run upstairs to my room. I hear them talking amongst themselves as I close my door. In a moments haste I heard Johnny call Zack into the living room and the screaming began.

I started packing my stuff back into my suitcase. I couldn’t stay here if I was only going to be the cause of problems. I looked around, making sure I got everything before going back downstairs.

I tried to leave undetected but Johnny caught a glimpse of my blurry image as I raced to the door.

"What are you doing? Where are you going with that? Jade, look at me god damnit!" he yelled grabbing my arm, forcing me to look at him. His expression softened seeing the tears running down face.

"I'm sorry Johnny, I didn’t mean to come between yall. I never was supposed to be so much trouble or such a burden to you." I say turning once more towards the door.

"Don’t say that! Your nothing of the sort. Here," he handed me to Jimmy like a rag doll, "take her to her room and calm her down I'm gonna take care of this and the I'll be right up." He tells him but mainly says the last part just to me.

Jimmy lifted me up over his shoulder, causing me to drop my suit case and carried me up the stairs.

"Thanks Jimbo." I mumble as he places me on my bed and lies next to me, rubbing my back till I give in-to subconsciousness.