I'm Your Truth

Part 5

Image
Banner made by Rhain (Bittersweetstar) Thanks hoe! :]

The next morning I awake to the blaring sound of the smoke detectors going off. I roll over throwing a pillow over my head deciding if the house was on fire, staying put and burning with it wasn't such a bad idea. However after ten minutes of destroying my eardrums, I figured I might as well check it out and save my ashy demise for another day.

Halfway down the stairs I could already identify the crime and perpetrator.

"Ahh, fucking dumb shit, STOP ALREADY!"

I walk into the kitchen some what less than amused to see Zacky waving a spatula over a smoking pan that he was running water over in the sink.

"You shouldn't be messing with the stove this early unsupervised."

Jumping a foot in the air Zack spun around to glare at me. "You should talk."

Wow, that was original. Like a bystander I waited to see what his plan was to keep the house from burning down.

"What? You just gonna ogle me all day?" Zack demanded putting his hands on his hips and cocking an eyebrow at me.

Ogle? Yah right! Although his odd posture was kind of cute. Hold up, ya, totally did not just think that, it's just the lack of food that's getting to me.

Obviously if left up to this man, the batteries would die out before he could get the annoying beeping to stop. Taking matters into my own hands, I move the scorched pan to he other side of the sink and shut off the water he had running over it. Next I grabbed a towel and started fanning the alarm on the ceiling above the stove that also was scorched and had black crumbles of something crusted onto it.

"Don't ever run a burning pan under water again! All it does is create smoke." I scolded as I would a small child, gaining a pair of rolling eyes from him.

Finally the noise subsided.

"Whatever. I know what I'm doing and don't talk down to me young lady!" he replied with his back to me.

I scoffed at his remark and decided upon pestering him some more seeing as how he was the reason I was up this early.

"So what were you trying to do anyways?" I asked with a bit of an attitude.

"Trying to make you breakfast. But seeing as how you’re a bitch even when I try to do something nice, I give up!" He through his hands in the air walking out of the odorous kitchen.

huh?

"Wait, what do you mean 'making it for me'? Why would you do that?" I grab his shoulder and spin him around to face me as best I could.

He sighed and began his explanation.

"Johnny and I talked last night and I agreed to giving you a fresh start and forgetting about your whorish past. So I tried to begin by making you pancakes, which I apparently can't do for shit, only to be bitched at by you!" He sighed again, not easing up the glare boring into my eyes.

I didn’t know Zacky was trying to be nice to me, nor did I really give him the chance. Everything he said only made me feel even guiltier, well everything but the whore part. It's not my fault his mind is warped.

Before I had the chance to apologize, Zacky turned on his heels and walked back upstairs to I'm assuming his room.

Ya, if I didn’t feel like a bitch before, well I certainly did now. I mean come on, how many times has Zack even tries to put any effort into anything in the week I'd been here? Let alone something for me.

Retuning to the kitchen I started to clean up the mess that was left behind. I went to replace the pancake mix back into the pantry when I noticed that by mistake he had grabbed instant potato mix instead.

How the hell did this kid expect to cook me breakfast when he can't even read the goddamned box the mix comes in?

---~*~---

I carefully knocked on Zack's door struggling to keep the trey I was holding balanced.

"Mahanen oway." I heard mumbled on the other side of the door.

I took this as a, "Yes, Jade? Please do come in dear," and entered the black and white furnished room.

"Hey, I-" upon hearing my voice Zacky jerked his head from under the mass of blankets and pillows and gave me the same evil scowl as before, if not harsher. His expression was so intimidating I choked on my words.

Regaining my confidence with the fact that the sooner I get this over with the sooner I can get out of here, I tried to explain again.

"I made you some French toast, hope you like lots of syrup." I say a little shaky, placing the trey on his night stand. "I was going to make you some pancakes, but I didn’t think I had enough talent to use potato mix for it." I rambled idiotically trying to make a joke to lighten the mood a bit.

"What?" he looked at me like I was crazy. But I noticed his glare had soften some.

"Look, Zacky, I'm sorry for being such a bitch." I moved to sit on the edge of his bed. "I have a tendency to hold grudges. I guess if Johnny really wants us to get along, I should at least try to put forth a little effort; for my brothers sake." I say avoiding his eyes which I could feel burning holes into my face.

"Hmmm." I look up at him confused, what the hell? That's the kind of response he gives when I try to be nice?!

I look at him in disbelief, what the fuck is there to think about, I put myself out there so low and he just 'hmmmm's?

I get up to leave but jump back when Zacky suddenly opens his arms to me.

"I forgive you munchkin." He states in such a smug tone you'd swear I'd gotten down on my knees and begged for forgiveness.

He motions with his hands still outstretched for me to come and give him a hug.

"Truce?" he asks as I cautiously walk towards him, still deciphering if this was a trick or not.

"Uhhh, yes." I ask more than state. I lean down into his tattooed arms seeing as how he was still in his bed. The hug lasted a few seconds longer than I would have liked, but he was a good huger so I didn’t complain. You could tell he was one of those people you would come to when you just needed a shoulder to lean on, or even just a sounding board to listen to you vent. But with my past experiences with him it was a little hard to visualize him doing either for me.

As I try to pull out of the hug I feel Zackys' hands slide up the back of my shirt, but before I could protest he had tugged it over the front of my head causing me to stumble backwards in my blindness and fall to the floor.

Finally after I manage to pull my shirt back on properly I can hear Zacky giggling manically before I can see him

This is war
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Synyster Lisa and JustASheep for the comments! Hope the story is dragging too much :]