Sequel: Save me.

If you catch me, will you let me down?

Birthday blues.

I fell asleep early that night, for the first time in a long time. But stupid me, I forgot to put my phone on silent for the night. It started ringing in the middle of my sleep. "Damn it." I mumbled, and rubbed my eyes. 12:01. So, it was midnight. August seventh. Yay, my birthday. Yay, my anniversary. All I wanted to do at the moment was sleep. I unlocked the phone and clicked on the new message. "Hi happy anniversary! Just wanted to greet you first. Aha. Happy birthday by the way. See you later. Love you!" I smiled at it, and stared at it for a good two minutes. Until I ended up sleeping again.

--

The next morning I was awakened by nothing. Just silence filled my whole house. I got up and out, checking my phone. 37 new messages. People actually remembered my birthday. Hm. Anyway, I brushed my teeth and went downstairs. Sadie and Ryan sat on the couch, staring at the blank TV. "Hello?" I said, waving my hands "Are you guys like possessed? It's my birthday and you guys seem so.. BLAH."

"Sorry," Sadie said, getting up and heading towards the kitchen. "I'm hungry."

"Well, so am I," I sighed.

"I could drive to In N Out," Ryan shrugged.

"Could you? That'd be great, Ry," I smiled.

"Yeah," He picked his keys up from the marble counter, "Be back in ten."

I waved goodbye.

After Ryan shut the door, Sadie turned to me, "So do you seriously have a boyfriend?"

I tried not to smile really big, "Mhm," I nodded, "What's it to ya?"

"I dunno." And she walked away.

To be honest, I really missed my little sister. She just wasn't who she was anymore. And it made me feel really bad, because she probably looked up to me right?

As I sat on the couch, staring at my house's high ceilings, my phone rang. "Hang out tonight? :)" From Michael. Ugh, my parents were coming home from San Fran tonight and I was supposed to go to my aunt's for a party. I sighed and quickly typed back, "Pinkberry?"

In not even thirty seconds, my phone vibrated again with a new text. "Yeah." I got up and changed into something decent. A striped tank top with high-waisted shorts. I sprayed Victoria's Secret body spray on my wrists, and put all my bracelets on my left arm. I had to wait until Ryan got home with my car so I could go to Pinkberry. When he finally got home I stormed out the door yelling "Bye Ryan gotta go!"

I finally got to Pinkberry, finding a lonely Michael sitting outside. I quickly got out of my car, "Mikey!"

He looked up and around, "Huh?"

"You're silly," I sat in front of him, "W'sup babyboy?"

"Well," He smiled, "It's our one month. I don't want frozen yogurt."

"Hmmmm," I tapped my nails on the table, "You just wanna walk around?"

"That'd be nice." He said, and grabbed my hand.

For the rest of the afternoon, we walked around San Diego. It was so simple, but hey, I loved it. At six I realized I had to go and get ready for my birthday party. "Mikey," I said, dragging the 'E', "I need to head to my auntie's house. I'm gonna text you."

"Why can't you take me?" He said, pouting.

"Family time, babe!" I skipped to my car, and drove to the city.

--

I finally got to the house, and yes, my whole family was there. The air smelled like food, and the fire burning in the backyard. As I opened the door I was greeted with "Happy birthday!" or "You're so big now!" or "You're so pretty, Aimee!"

I just smiled, and kept saying "Thank you!" I took my shoes off and went upstairs, where all the kids were. "LA!" My cousin Connor yelled. He called me 'LA' because my initials (first and middle name) are 'AL', but if you switch it around it's 'LA' so, yeah.

"Connor!" I yelled, and hugged him.

Most of my cousins were boys, and they were all paying attention to the video game on the TV screen.

"HEY!" I yelled, while unplugging the Xbox. They all groaned.

"What was that for, ho?!" Albert yelled.

"LET'S FUCKING GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE BECAUSE IT'S MY FUCKING BIRTHDAY AND ALL YOU ARE SITTING ON YOUR LAZY ASSES PLAYING COD!" I lead them all downstairs.

I opened the back door, letting the air come in the house. All my cousins went outside to the fire pit, and started making s'mores.

The doorbell rang, "I'll get it!" I yelled.

On the way to the door, my parents stopped me, "Happy birthday hun."

"Thanks mommy. Thanks daddy." I kissed them both on the cheek.

I opened the door, "Hey!" I saw the boys.

I eyed Zach. He gave me that look he gave me whenever he was pressured to do something. "Sorry, Aims. He really needed to know and I gave in and--"

"It's fine!" I smiled, "Come on, you guys have to meet my cousins."

"I've already met them though!" Zach said.

"Well the rest of you!"

--

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang again. "Not it!" I yelled.

"I'ma get it," Connor said, getting up.

And then that's how my ex-boyfriend got in my party.

Connor came in holding hands with a girl. I smiled at her. She seemed sweet. but behind them was my ex-boyfriend. Shit, that was his sister! She looked so different.

I elbowed Zach and he gave me a worried look. He mouthed, "Don't worry." I squeezed Michael's hand.

"What's wrong?" He said.

"W-w-what? Nothing, Mikey. I'm TOTALLY fine. Totally." I said, my legs shaking.

"You're not okay." He said.

My little cousin ran up to me, "Aimee! Aimee!"

I looked down, "Hi Kaycee!" And picked her up, placing her on my lap.

"Happy birthday Aimee!" She said. She was so cute. She reminded me of Sadie when she was young.

"Thanks, hun!" I smiled.

Michael poked her, "You're so cute!"

Kaycee giggled, "I'm Kaycee. Kaycee, Kaycee, Kaycee."

"Thas w'sup!" He smiled.

Jason looked at me and smiled. "I'll be right back, Mikey." I put Kaycee on his lap and he immediately started playing with her. IT WAS TOO CUTE.

I went up to Jason, "Jase!"

He smiled, "W'sup?"

"Well, it's my birthday."

"Obviously," He smiled his sweet smile at me. The one I fell for. Snap out of it, Aimee. You have Michael.

"Mhm. So, why are you here?" I rocked back and forth on my heels.

"Sister didn't wanna be alone. Stupid Destiny," He looked at my shoes, "You're nervous. You're rocking back and forth."

"Things have changed, boo-- I mean Jase." I shook my head. And started to walk away, back to Michael.

"I never stopped loving you, Aimee." He said.

"Excuse me?"

"I still love you. Seriously. I never stopped." He tried to hold my hand, but I pulled away.

"You lied to me. You didn't love me. I'm gonna save the fucking tears, Jason." I walked away, and sat next to Michael.

"Hi." He said.

"What happened to the rest of the boys?" I looked around.

"They left. Got tired." He handed Kaycee back to me, and she giggled.

"LA!" Connor yelled across the fire, "You're so quiet tonight!"

"...Well," I sighed, "Wanna party? Lets."

He laughed, "Damn girl, I didn't want you to party hard! You were just quiet!"

"Shut up!" I laughed.

Jason took the seat next to me. "Damn it," I mumbled.

"I need to talk to you." He whispered.

I whispered to Michael, "Babe I'll be right back. I'm scared."

"Then don't go," He said.

"But.." And before I knew it I was kissing Jason.

Kissing. Jason.

"What the...?" Michael said.

I pulled away, "Michael, wait!"

He stormed into his car, speeding away from the cul de sac. I sat on the sidewalk, crying my eyes out. I screwed up. With the guy I truly loved. I fucking messed up so bad. I didn't know what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ayo, wsup?!