Sequel: Save me.

If you catch me, will you let me down?

Pretty Letdown.

After the Cleveland show, we all ended up hanging out. Or according to Cameron.. a "date". You know, me and four guys? We really wanted some In N Out, but there was no In N Out. Sigh. We all settled on getting some ice cream. Even though it was like, negative one hundred degrees. (Okay, maybe not, but it was COOOOLD.)

"My fucking goodness you guys, why are we getting ice cream anyways? It's freezing," I whined in the Ben and Jerry's parking lot, "And I left my hoodie in the hotel!"

"Wanna borrow mine?" Zach was about ready to unzip his sweatshirt, "Just kidding. I'm not wearing a shirt under this."

"Put a shirt on, Zach," Nate told him, and slightly slapped his stomach with the back of his hand.

I looked at Mikey, hoping for him to give me his jacket. But he caught me staring for JUST A LITTLE NANOSECOND, and I turned around at light speed.

"Aye shawtayyyy, you want my jacket?" He tried handing it to me.

I wanted it.. But yet I didn't. I agreed to take it anyways, "Thanks Michael," I said in a flat voice.

Inside I was exploding with happiness. His jacket smelled so good, and it was so comfortable.

We went inside to order. All of the boys ordered something plain. How lame.

"A waffle cone with two scoops. Chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies and cream, please." Zach said. Of COURSE he'd order for me. He's known that I always get that at Ben and Jerry's.

I squeezed his arm, "I love you best friend."

"I love you too," He said.

As I was eating my waffle cone happily, I decided it was too cold, and I had a huge craving for Starbucks. Which was down the street. (conveniently.) "Hey guys, I'm going to Starbucks, it's cold. You guys want anything?"

"Aimee. You always get a passion tea anyways, why have a cold drink when it's cold?" Zach said.

"I JUST WANT MY PASSION TEA!" I replied in my whining voice. I left Ben and Jerry's to go to Starbucks.

As I opened the door, I was greeted with the smell of coffee grinding, even if it was almost closing time, "Venti passion iced tea? Sweetened. And my name's Aimee. Thanks," I handed the barista five dollars as the little bell rang, indicating someone just opened the door. It was Mikey.

"Venti passion iced tea?" The barista handed me my change and my tea.

"Thanks," I replied.

"No problem." He said.

"Whoa, Mikey what are you doing here?" I pretended to sound shocked.

"Because you're still in my jacket," He smiled.

"But it's comfy!" I said, "Want some passion tea?" I reached my hand out.

"Nah. Thas not my drink. Ya know."

I started to walk away, on my way back to Cameron, Nathan, and Zach when suddenly Michael said, "WAIT. Aimee."

I quickly turned around, "Yeah?"

"I didn't really come here to tell you you still had my jacket..." He took his beanie off, and he was probably serious. Since he never ever took his beanie off.

"Then what?" I sipped on my passion tea, and chewed on the straw. Which usually meant I was nervous.

He grabbed my hand and we headed outside. I was still freezing, but somehow when he held my hand it got warmer.

"I just... I really like you. Ever since I met you, I knew you were something different, and I really like you, and I think you're really pretty, and you're really funny, and I really like you," He sighed, "But I get it if you don't like me back."

I was speechless but I finally got words out of my mouth, "You did? Well if you liked me back then, you liked the awkward girl who's hair was always up and in her face? Did you like the girl that spent HOURS playing Pokemon?"

"Yes." He replied. Just a flat out yes.

"But.. I'm not THAT girl anymore."

"Yeah, you are. On the inside. And that's what I love about you. You never changed. I.. I really like you," He spread his arms out and leaned in to hug me. I didn't wrap my arms around him, though.

"Hey!" Cameron yelled across the parking lot. Michael took his arms off of me really fast, like he just got caught doing something bad.

Zach looked at him, then me. With a hard stare.

I had one of those 'awkward!' moments, "Zachary! Want some tea?" I tried breaking the tension.

"No." He said. Flatly. Damn, that hurt.

"Oh... okay," I felt kind of hurt.

Was my best friend mad at me? Did he HATE me now, since he saw Michael hugging me?

--

Back at the hotel, I decided to talk to Zach, "Zachary. You're not going in that room until you tell me what's going on."

"Nothing's going on," He said, once again, very flatly and emotionless.

"Something IS. We've been best friends for fifteen years, Zach. I would know."

"Well you know what? There is something wrong. I don't want you liking Michael. Okay? There. I said it. You hate me now."

"Zach... I.. I don't hate you. I just don't understand it," Tears started to fill my eyes. Because I really, truly, realized how much I liked Michael.

"You're gonna get your heart broken. I know it, Aimee. He's a heartbreaker, and you don't handle heartbreaks very well." I should've been mad, but it was true. I never handled it well.

I started to cry, and ran into my hotel room. I sat on the bed, thinking what I did wrong. Thinking why I liked Michael. And why I was going to lose my best friend over him. It was something I couldn't control, and my makeup was smearing down my face.

Cameron knocked on my door, "Shmaimee?" He said. He always said that when I was in a shitty mood.

"Shmameron?" I said, my voice breaking.

He opened the door and sat on my bed, "Now what's wrong? Zach told me he screwed up."

"He did?" I looked up, meeting Cameron's green eyes.

"Yeah. He just didn't know how to react. You guys have been best friends since you were five."

"Really?!" I wiped my tears off of my face, "Get Zachary, please."

Cam got Zach, and we talked.

"Aims? Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to blow up. If you like Michael, you should. I shouldn't stop you. Right?" He smiled at me slightly. This boy was my best friend. And he's never left me. Ever.

"Zachary, I love you," I rested my head on his shoulder, "And we've been best friends since forever. I know you get protective sometimes... But trust me. I got this," I squeezed his hand.

"I sure do hope so," He sighed.

"You should know so," I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
So haaaaaaaaay,
I would like comments.
They make me smile.
Tell me if you like it so far.
Pls?