Status: Updating regularly.:-). After work of course.:-)

Karma's a Bitch

Chapter Sixteen

*Mel’s POV*

Which to choose? Which to choose?
She pondered.
“I don’t want to look like I have note taped to my forehead that says, ‘Do me now’ or anything, but I want to treat him a little. Uh!” She thought aloud.
Then, she saw it.
A lavender bikini that was modestly trashy. Perfect.
She slipped it on, glad that it covered a good portion of her butt, and that her top half wouldn’t fall out.
Not that Shane would complain.
Perv.
To be extra mean, she started to put on a cover up, and torture him, but her shoulder devil, not angel, said, “But he bought you a star…” Even her shoulder devil was smitten after his little stunt.
She grabbed a beach towel-a really soft beach towel. She could use it for a pillow!- and walked out, her steps slowing the closer she got to Shane.
All of a sudden she was shy.
But that shyness evaporated when she saw the look of appreciation on Shane’s face.
She swayed her hips just a bit more.
And gave him a tentative smile.
The look he gave her about made her burst into flames.
Is it hot in here or is it just her hormones?
She’s always secretly wanted a guy to look at her like Shane was doing now.
Not just the look that said, “I’m about to eat you where you stand”, but the look that joined it that said, “You are so beautiful because I love you.”
She wanted to cry, but couldn’t ruin it for Shane.
She was a few feet away from him now, gazing questioningly at him.
“I knew you’d pick that one.”
She raised an eyebrow at him.
“Uh, huh.”
“I did! It just suited you perfectly when I saw it at the store, and I knew that you would look beautiful in it.”
“Thank you.” Mel’s shyness was back.
“Don’t thank me yet…” Shane mumbled under his breath, but she still heard him.
“Why not?”
He looked kind of shocked that she heard him, then sighed.
“Oh, yeah. She will get some of your vampire abilities, such as hearing. Dumbass. Mel, there’s something I have to tell you.”
He looked a little sheepish.
Oh, God. What did he do?
A minute or so passed.
“Well spit it out!” Mel snapped, frustrated.
“Since you are still under 18 and don’t have your diploma, you have to go back to school.”
Oh, HELL no.
“Oh, no. Not that snake pit, I won’t.”
“It isn’t that bad.”
“Let’s see. I didn’t have any friends. The friends I did have all turned against me when they went to different cliques, and beat me up with their new groups. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks. Ummm, I made good grades, but all the teachers hated me except Mr. Ambrose. The only one who ever talked to me was you, and you made my life hell. Need I go on?”
Mel said bitterly.
If he sent her back to that school…
She’d be pissed.
“I can’t enroll you into a different school. It’s too late in the year. You’re a senior. You don’t have that much longer. Plus, I will be with you the whole time. I will beat up anyone who says an unkind word to you, and I am not going to make your life hell anymore.”
“That’s reassuring. By the way, why’d you do it in the first place?”
Mel looked at him expectantly.
Shane gulped.
This oughta be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? Love?
Thank you, ALLSTARLOVE333!
You gave me the idea for this chapter!
You are the BEST!