Status: Updating regularly.:-). After work of course.:-)

Karma's a Bitch

Chapter Twenty

“So what does a witch do exactly?” Mel asked, curious.
“I don’t know all of what they can do, but I will tell you what I know. Where do I begin?” Sebastian began walking, Mel and Shane following behind.
“Most witches can conjure the usual spells. Curses. Things such as that. But witches are mainly spiritual. Most of what they do is unintentional. They mainly work with their minds. They can sense spirits, as you have just learned. They can read into the future, or pick up things from the past. That is pretty much all that I know.”
“Hmmm. So, like, can I turn Shane into a frog if he makes me mad?”
Hey, it was worth a shot.
“Nope. Sorry. Just kick him out of bed, that will work.” Sebastian grinned.
“DAD!!! Don’t tell her that!” Shane groaned.
“Shane, what are you whining about? Counting that you have NOT been in my bed yet, then you have no reason to complain. Dumbo.” Mel scoffed.
“Idiot.” Mel shook her head, taking the time to walk a little ahead of their little group.
From somewhere down the corridor, music began to play.

“Put on my blue suede shoes
And I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the pouring rain…”

Mel started singing to one of her favorite Oldies but Goodies songs, Walking in Memphis.
When her favorite part was coming up, she twirled in the middle of the hallway, facing Shane and Sebastian.

“Now Muriel plays piano
Every Friday at the Hollywood
And they brought me down to see her
And they asked me if I would
Do a little number
And I sang with all my might
And she said---
‘Tell me are you a Christian child?’
And I said, ‘Ma’am I am tonight.”

Mel sang to them both, smiling.
“You are so weird.” Shane mumbled.
“Thank you! I enjoy being different! Now, be nice to me, sweetheart, or else!!!!” Mel laughed evilly.
“Don’t get cocky with me! I came down here to tell you to go pick out your outfit for tomorrow.”
“Why?” Mel was now suspicious.
“Because tomorrow we go to school”
Mel pouted. “And I hoped you had forgotten about that.”
“Nope. Nobody is going to bother you Mel, I promise.” Shane stared into her eyes to help his point.
“Fine. I’ll be in our room.”
Mel walked ahead, but quickly returned.
“Ummm. Where’s our room?” she grinned at Shane.
“Straight ahead and 3 doors on the right.” He pecked Mel on the lips.
She tried her best to look dejected but she started to grin stupidly instead.
“NO! I am not happy with you. I’m not happy with you. I’m not happy with you…” She began walking down the hall again, but this time repeating this mantra to herself.
If only she believed it…

*A couple of hours later in her room*

“How about this?” Mel asked.
“No.” Shane replied.
“This?”
“No.”
“This?”
“NO!!!”
“HOW ABOUT THIS?”
“No. Shows too much.”
“It’s a T-Shirt and jeans!!!” Mel shouted in disbelief.
“The jeans cup your ass.”
“You are impossible!!! What can I wear then?!”
Shane glided-at least that’s what it looked to like under Mel’s awed gaze- to her closet.
He rummaged for a while, throwing things all around at he went.
Finally, an “Aha!” sounded from deep within the closet and Shane emerged.
And held up a baggy gray sweatshirt with a similar set of gray sweatpants.
“What are you trying to do, smother me?! It’s September and 70 degrees in the shade!”
“I don’t want any guy to see you but me.” He said it with authority. Possessive authority.
“So you would rather I smother? I wore a T-Shirt and jeans all the time!”
“That was before I actually claimed you.”
“Well, you can throw your possessive dominating male brain away along with your sweatshirt and pants! I WILL WEAR WHAT I WANT!”

*The Next Day*
Mel sat in the front of Shane’s red Charger (apparently he has a lot of cars) in a pair of jeans and a floral top.
They came to a compromise.
Shane could bet up any guy who stares at her in a way he doesn’t like, and Mel can wear what she wants.
Perfect.
Plus, they ended up kissing so they couldn’t argue much longer.;-)
Finally, they pulled into the school parking lot.
This was going to be fun…
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? Love?
It is kind of long....Oops. It was too short, and I was fixing that and got carried away.
Not that any of you mind....:-)