Status: Updating regularly.:-). After work of course.:-)

Karma's a Bitch

Chapter Twenty-One

People stared.
Of course people stared.
Then the whispers started.
“Melinda with Shane?”
The sneers.
The hateful glares cast by former girlfriends of Shane’s.
“I feel sick.” Mel said, then turned back toward the car.
She was blocked by Shane’s arm.
“Oh, no you don’t.”
“Just one more day…”
“No, you don’t you chicken! COME ON!!!!”
He didn’t want to drag Mel for fear of hurting her so he picked her bridal style and carried her into the school.
“Oh yeah. This is really helping…” Mel muttered sarcastically.
He glared at her.
She rolled her eyes at him.
So there they went through the school doors, her in his arms, and both of them send death glares at each other.
True love….
*First Period*

The teacher walked in and saw Mel.
“Melinda? Ummm. I wasn’t aware that you were coming back.”
(It was the preppy teacher from the beginning of the story.)
“I’m sorry. I thought a notice had been sent ahead.”
Surprise flickered across the teacher’s face at Mel’s politeness.
“Well, it didn’t.” Short and snappish.
Mel kept on smiling.
That was fun.
The class went by slowly. All they did was begin to write their life story.
Since nobody would really believe Mel’s life of the past few months, she stuck to before that.

“I was born into a happy family. Smiling. Laughing. At least that’s what I always saw it as. Then it kind of turned into the lyrics of Family Portrait by P!nk.
‘In our family portrait, we look pretty happy. We look pretty normal. Let’s go back to that.’ And just like that song, we never went back to that.
Mom was miserable.
Dad was miserable.
Of life.
Of each other.
So their child were miserable.
They thought it was themselves.
But it was the parents.
Always the parents.
So when they went away one night together in the same car (how they did that when they could barely live in the same area code is still to this day beyond me).
It seemed like a cruel fate to each other-or that least that’s how I viewed it- when they died in a car wreck a mere foot apart from each other.
Two enemies.
Once lovers.
Dying together.
And they took me with them.”

Mel didn’t realize she was crying until the bell rang and she saw little splotches where her tears had fallen on her paper.
It was funny to her how the tears fell exactly on the words: “And they took me with them.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? Love?