Status: Updating regularly.:-). After work of course.:-)

Karma's a Bitch

Chapter Twenty-Three

*Back to Mel’s POV*

Mel’s sobs slowly calmed to sniffles, that dissolved into shaky breaths every once and a while.
“Mel? Like the time you what?” Shane asked.
Mel knew exactly what he was talking about.
Another shuddering breath left her.
“I was six. My mom and my …father were not getting along at the time. He hadn’t been …satisfied per se.”
The look on Shane’s face showed that he knew what she was talking about.
“Oh, God. Mel, you don’t have to finish if you don’t…”
“No. Hush! I need to finish this! I need to…get it out. It’s eating me alive, Shane.
It’s been eating me alive for way to long.
It’s made me something I didn’t want to be. I need to do this!”
Mel cuddled closer to Shane’s chest, rubbing her face against the material of his shirt.
“He came into my room at night like he always did to tell me goodnight. I knew that there was something wrong with him the moment he walked in. He was tense. I was just too young to know why he was so tense… He sat on the side of my bed, and flipped off the lamp. ‘How are you, sweetheart?’ he asked me. He kissed me on the head. ‘I’m good daddy.’ I answered, like the naïve stupid DUMBASS little girl I was. Then he slowly rose the edge of my star and moon covered PJ top, and his hand followed it. ‘Daddy, I don’t think daddies are supposed to do that…’ ‘I am the daddy. I know what’s best.’ Then his hand started to pull my PJ bottoms down. ‘Daddy, my teacher says nobody is supposed to do this…’ ‘Who are you supposed to listen too, most? Your teacher or your daddy? Who takes care of you? Your teacher or your daddy?’ ‘You do, Daddy, of course you do.’ I replied, obedient and ignorant. Then his hand went under my panties. It felt wrong. Really wrong. Then he took off his PJ bottoms, he wasn’t wearing a shirt. Daddy never wore a shirt to bed. Then he pulled down his underwear, he wore grey boxers, but they were frayed from use. It took me forever to not have an anxiety attack whenever I saw a Calvin Klein commercial, even with all the hot guys on it.
Then he raped me.
Oh, and it hurt so bad. When I whimpered, he slapped me to hush me. ‘Don’t wake your mother. You know how she gets.’ Then he came into my bedroom every night, but he didn’t rape me. He just touched me. It lasted for years.
Mom never found out.
Nobody did.
But I secretly think she knew, but wouldn’t say anything.
You are the only one who knows.
I was kind of glad he died in the car crash.
I know that is awful of me, but I stopped loving him that night. I also lost the respect for my mom that night too.
I think she knew, she just didn’t care.
I was all alone, except at night when my dad visited me, but he was the reason I was alone. So alone…”
Mel cried into Shane’s chest.
Shane’s face was horrified, but loving.
Giving.
Caring.
And he just held her.
He was her hero, and he would fight all her demons.
No matter what it took.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? Love?
Oh, I know it is awful what happened to Mel. I hope it makes you closer to her and love her more! Respect that girl!