Status: Updating regularly.:-). After work of course.:-)

Karma's a Bitch

Chapter Twenty-Five

*Mel’s POV*

Mel sat in the passenger seat of Shane’s Charger, staring fixedly out the window.
Shane placed his hand over hers, which lay on the armrest.
“I’m ok, Shane.”
“Promise?”
“Promise. I just don’t know why someone would send that message to me, or how they were able to send it during my anxiety attack.” Mel sighed, resting her forehead against the window.
“I don’t know, Mel. I wish I did.”
They rode the rest of the way in silence.
When they arrived at the house, there were guards flying about.
“What’s going on?” Shane asked.
“I have no clue.”
They got out, only to be quickly swallowed by a crowd of 20 or so guards.
“WHOA WHOA WHOA! Personal space!”
Mel hollered into the crowd.
“When someone threatens your life, you have no personal space.” Sebastian came through the crowd, they all parted as he walked.
“What happened? You can’t possibly know about what happened at the school.”
“What happened at school?”
“Oh, nothing. What happened here?”
He sighed, and crossed his arms as though to fight Mel back with that gesture.
“Your room was ransacked. Nothing of Shane’s was taken, but they stole some of Mel’s things.”
“Like what?” Mel asked, silently hoping it wasn’t her grandmother’s locket, or the little wooden care that her grandfather found at a junkstore. She loved those things.
“Ummm, this is a little awkward to say, but it was mainly your underwear drawer.”
“MY WHAT?”

*Shane’s POV*

I wish I could do something. Mel’s my mate, and I can’t do a damn thing. Shane thought.
She sat in the car not looking at me, staring out the window.
She didn’t feel upset, her aura was calm.
To bad mine wasn’t.
I feel so helpless. Shane thought.
When they pulled up, there were guards everywhere.
It didn’t totally shock Shane when the guards engulfed him and Mel.
It did shock him when his father came up, and told them that their room had been robbed.
Mainly, Mel’s underwear drawer.
Some dude went through Mel’s underwear drawer? Oh, heck no. Shane growled lowly under his breath.
Hey, underwear shopping… That could be a plus. Shane thought, an evil grin on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? Love?
Not as good as it could be...But hey, I did post it.