Status: Updating regularly.:-). After work of course.:-)

Karma's a Bitch

Chapter Thirty-Three

*Mel’s POV*

The skank who had taken over her body somehow managed to make her black out, and Mel cursed her with her last bit of consciousness.
Mel woke up later (hours? Minutes? Days?), her head pounding.
She woke up in the place of her nightmares, her childhood bedroom.
Memories flooded back, mixing her emotions.
Dread, shame, and horror.
Sadness, fear, and pain.
So many emotions and so many memories.
A particular memory came flooding back:

*Flashback*

“Daddy, that’s icky.” Seven year old Mel couldn’t fathom having to put her mouth on that…thing.
Daddy said to lick it like a lollipop, but how could she pretend that THAT was a lollipop? It didn’t look like candy.
“Do what Daddy says, sweetheart. Have I ever hurt you?”
“Yes…”
SLAP! Mel’s eyes overflowed with tears, her cheek swelling.
“JUST DO WHAT DADDY SAYS!” her father shouted, his face contorted with anger.
She leaned down, and placed her mouth on the thing she knew was NOT a lollipop.

*Back to the Present*

Now Mel was glad she knew it was NOT a lollipop, and she would NEVER do that for anyone.
Except maybe Shane, but even the possibility of that was slim, even if she did love him with all her heart.
Suddenly she heard the noise that haunted her nightmares for years…the sound of her creaking bedroom door.
Mel was inwardly hyperventilating, horror flooding through her.
She started chanting a Bible verse she learned when she was little from the Sunday School at her Grandmother’s church.
She had always been a Christian, for whenever she prayed, God would hear her pleas and her Daddy would pass out drunk before he remembered her.
She did not ask too often, only when Daddy stayed a long time the night before.
God got tired, too.

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will no evil, for Thou art with me…”

This was like a mantra to her as the door opened all the way to reveal her father.
With a pair of freshly sharpened fangs and VERY red eyes.

*Shane’s POV*

He could feel Mel’s fear and horror coursing through her, and as if she were right beside him, he heard her say,
“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death….”
And where she stopped, he continued.
“Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Thou preparest a table in the presence of mine enemies. Thou anointeth my head with oil, my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Amen.” Shane bowed his head in prayer, and said aloud, “Dear Lord, please bring me back my Mel. Please bring me my love back to me. Please, Lord. Amen.”
And as if He heard, a bright light appeared, and there Mel lay in the aisle of the church.
Shane ran and when he tried to gather her in his arms, she slipped right through.
In agony, he roared, and tears fell down his cheeks.
“Mel, please, Mel. Please, God. PLEASE!” he begged, pleaded, cried, and prayed.
“Please…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? Love?