Status: Completed

It's Not Real

Chapter 13 -The Break Up-

It was after school and I waited for Aaron's car to drive by, I waited in the lot near the football field. As he pulled up I ran over and gave him a hug. "Wow, someone's excited to be breaking up," he said faking a hurt expression.

"That's not all, and I know it's a little late, but we can kiss now," I said walking past him to lead him to the field. We had made an agreement at the beginning to restrict kissing, because I really didn't want my first kiss with a guy I had no feelings for. Although my kiss wasn't how I imagined it, or the ideal situation, it was still a little better than from Aaron.

"Someone kissed you," he said running to cut me off, "tell me who." He actually looked angry, but I knew it was just an act.

"Chill, you don't really care," I said pushing him in the direction of the football field.

"But you're still technically my girlfriend and I need to show that no one messes with my girl," he said acting all macho.

I laughed for a second and he looked at me strangely. "You're just funny when you go all boyfriend on me, besides I'm only your girlfriend for like one more day," I said.

"Fine," he said and we began walking towards the field hands held, but we had to let go when he went to meet his team. I walked up to the bleachers and sat down next to Chelsea.

"Is it awkward that your fake boyfriend and your first kiss are playing against each other," she said looking at me.

"I'm trying not to think about it," I said looking at her angrily.

"Did you tell Aaron," she said.

"I told him that it happened, but I avoided telling him who," I smiled and looked down at the guys. I swear high school football games were like heaven for a single teenage girl, because it was like you had to be cute or maybe it was just my school. She gave me a disappointed look and shook her head.

They all lined up for the start of the game, Aaron and Cody walked up to each other and exchanged glares. As they brushed past each other I saw Aaron look back at him and then out towards me. "I think he found out," Emma said taking the seat next to me.

I half smiled and said, "it doesn't matter, it isn't real." We continued watching the game, but I was dreading and anticipating after the game.

The game finally ended and I met Aaron with a hug, but he was giving me a look. "It was him," he gestured towards where Cody was.

"Yeah it was," Cody said leaning against the wall.

"Really now," I said looking at Cody.

"Stop messing with my girl," Aaron said making his presence in between Cody and I apparent.

"Calm down," I said stepping in between the two of them and I put my lips on his. I had to, it made the illusion real. It was actually really nice, and there was something different about the two kisses. I pulled back and pushed Aaron in the opposite direction so that Cody wouldn't see the surprise. Then I waved at Cody and said a quick, "bye."

As soon as we were in his car he turned to me confused, "what was that."

"I thought it was the time, like showing that his kiss meant nothing," I said shrugging.

"Did it mean nothing," he rose his eyebrow.

"I don't know I've only had two kisses," I said.

He looked at me and I saw the smirk forming on his face, "who's a better kisser."

"As if I'd tell you," I said sticking out my tongue. We drove up to a big house, it was the after party for his team. They had won sadly they were better than our team was, I have mad school spirit. "So I'm going to walk in on you two doing whatever," I said just going over our plan.

"Yeah, yeah I got it," he said looking away.

"We should totally still be friends after this," I said laughing because we were never really together. This was one breakup I don't think I cared about. We walked through the door and the party was huge, it seemed as if everyone at the game and more were there.

I mingled with the people I actually knew at the party, but when does someone actually know everyone at a party like this. It was all going great, the break up was to happen at promptly 10:37 p.m. up in the third room to the left. It was all going great until it seemed like my school's entire football team crashed the party. I rolled my eyes and backed away into the crowd, it was almost time anyways. I would need to make a mad dash for the stairs.

I snuck up stairs when it was time and found the room, I opened it slightly to make sure it was the right people. I saw them both sitting on the edge of the bed, they weren't making out and it wasn't what I expected. Anyway I had to go in and pretend that he was doing something much worse.

"Oh my God," I said in an angry voice, "Aaron how could you do this." I made a heart broken face and he looked over at me surprised, maybe I was a bit early.

"No wait," he said walking over to me, "I need to talk to you."

"I'm not talking to you about anything," I said running down the stairs upset.

"Cara, just wait," he said grabbing my arm at the bottom of the stairs.

"Don't touch me, it's over," I said, "I can't believe I trusted you." He just gave me a look as if to calm down and I shook my head at him.

"Are you okay Cara," Cody said coming out of nowhere with his fists clenched.

"Just drive me home before everyone at this party beats you up," I said pushing him out the door. Before I closed the door I took one last look back at Aaron. He looked broken and he was better than me, I almost believed him, I almost felt bad. I probably wasn't believable at all, I just did what I saw in the movies. But all that didn't matter any more, I was done, I was free.