Status: Completed

It's Not Real

Chapter 14 -It's Real-

I stepped into Cody's car, which I had never been in before. It was small and black and I don't know why but I felt oddly awkward in it. He turned to me, "What happened in there."

My house wasn't far so all I needed to do was make some small talk. "I broke up with him," I said, "you saw it."

I saw a smirk form on his face, "was it because you and I..."

I cut him off when I figured out where this was going, "yeah right there is a completely different reason." He rose his eyebrow at me, "if you must know I found him with his ex."

"I knew he would do that, he's such an ass," he said in an angrier tone.

"It's fine," I shrugged, "I actually feel kind of free." And at this point in time we pulled up right infront of my house. "Thanks for the ride," I said unbuckling my seat belt. He leaned over and pushed his lips against mine, it was soft, but still powerful. I was in true bliss at that moment, I don't know how it happened, but I actually liked Cody.

"Wait," I pulled back, "don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Cara, I broke up with her a week ago," he said. Wow a week and he's already moving on, that's just a little quick to jump back in. Oh maybe he doesn't like me, oh shoot I've only technically been single for thirty minutes.

"Ok I better go, before my dad sees you and kills you," I smiled and opened the door. I wanted him to stop me and ask me out right there, but no such luck.

I went straight to my room and changed my status to single, to make it known that I did break up before Cody and I get together. Why am I assuming, I don't know anything. Maybe the only attraction was that I was taken, and by his rival. I might look like a slut from on guy straight to another, but i only the rest of the people in my world understood. It wasn't real, and it didn't count. This, if there is anything between us, could be something real and something amazing.

I went to school the next morning and jumped onto Chelsea, "it's over, I'm finally done, finally free."

"What happened," she asked and so I spilled the entire breakup scene and what happened afterwards. "Have you told Emma about you and Cody yet," she asked me in seriousness, "you know she likes him."

"Oh shit now I'm a slut and a terrible friend," I said a lot louder than I should have. People began to stare and Chelsea and I just laughed it off.

"Why are you a slut and a bad friend," Emma asked in confusion.

"Well, I broke up with my bf yesterday," I said using air quote on bf, "and I think I really like this guy and there is a good chance he likes me, but it's only been a day."

"Ok, bad friend," she rose her eyebrow at me.

"Well," I stuttered a bit and then turned to Chelsea and asked for help.

"Hey," I was interupted. I turned around and saw Cody smiling down at me and then he leaned in for a kiss.

"That's why," Chelsea said.

"See you at lunch Cara," he said and he walked away. I bit my bottom lip and I couldn't wipe the goofy smile off my face until Chelsea shook me.

"Emma, I'm so sorry, it just kinda happened," I said with a sympathetic face.

"It's okay," she shrugged, "I never would have gotten anywhere with him." It was true Emma was extremely shy and got nervous even just saying hello to guys.

I walked to homeroom with Chelsea and I was greeted with awkward stares at the door. I gave a weird look back at all of them as I made my way to my desk. "So," Abby said turning around, "are you and Cody like an item." She was the type to weasle her way into everyone's personal life. Like the queen of gossip.

I rolled my eyes, "no." She turned around and started whispering to people in front of me. I shook it off and just talked to Chelsea.

It was lunch and I was still waiting for Cody to ask me out, I was kind of getting discouraged that he hadn't asked yet. But then it happened. "Excuse me," his voice rang through the air. I looked around and he was on the second floor of the building in front of me. I rolled my eyes and looked up, "Cara Shah, will you be my girlfriend."

"Now it's official," I said looking at Chelsea.

"So what do you say," he found my eyes in the crowd.

"Yes," I yelled smiling and looking up at him. I saw the smile form on his face and it made me so happy. My first real relationship.