Status: Completed

It's Not Real

Chapter 19 -It's Really Real-

"Let's just go," I said and Chelsea followed me. We had to take the bus back to work, her car was still over there.

"Whats wrong," she said when we got outside, "you've barley said anything."

"Oh nothing, Aaron was just extremely rude to me," I said. I lied, I had to, most people would think I was stupid for walking out on that. I had to, I don't feel like I owe him anything, I don't owe him a chance. I wonder if he'd even be at work tomorrow, I wouldn't go, but I really need money.

"Wow, I honestly thought it would go differently," she said. We were quiet the rest of the way I didn't want to talk in fear that the truth might come out. I would never tell anyone the real conversation, I wanted to forget it. If I believed it really went bad, I could hate him and avoid getting over it.

The next day I got to work early and looked for Terra, I found her where we usually meet to get our assignments. "Terra," I said to get her attention from her clipboard.

"Oh my goodness are you okay, I heard everything," she grabbed me and hugged me. Terra was really nice which is why I was sure we wouldn't be fired.

"Oh yeah I'm fine," I said shrugging at the entire incident of yesterday. "I don't know if Aaron will be here, but if he is I would rather just not work with him today," I asked politely. She looked at her schedual and moved a few people around.

"No problem Cara," she smiled and walked away. I waited in there for everyone to come, I basically hid when I saw him walk through the door. Chelsea and I were signed up to run a party on our own and I was so thankful, I just about ran to the party area. It was the opposite direction of where he was working.

We went the whole day and it was actually really fun. The kids gave us free pizza and cake and we just had a good time. "You want me to stick around for clean up," Chelsea asked.

"Naw," I said waving her off, "go home I can handle this." She left and all I had to do was put the train tracks away. I did so and in about ten minutes I headed out to the parking lot.

I was almost to my car and someone yelled, "Cara wait up." I turned and as soon as I noticed Aaron heading toward me I ran to the car and sped off real fast. I watched as he disappeared in my rearview mirror.

I was thankful tht it was Monday, I wouldn't have to avoid him it was my own school. "I heard what happened," Emma said looking at me with terror.

"Yeah, I'm never dating again," I said.

"Well it's nice that you had someone there to save you," she said smiling.

"Why does everyone think that jerk saved me," I yelled and Emma looked at me in utter confusion, "if it weren't for me he would be dead." I didn't feel like I was lying whenever I said things like that.

I still felt very distant that entire day, I can barley remember my lunch time and I look forward to that everyday. I just wanted to go home. I walked out of school holding my econ book in my hand because it didn't fit in my backpack.

I was walking in the shade because it was hot that day. "Shit," I said as someone grabbed my arm.

"We need to talk," Aaron said looking me directly in the eye.

"I was trying to avoid you," I said, I obviously don't want to ta..."

He cut me off, "I love you." WHAT. I just stood there shocked, he was waiting for me to say something, but I was stuck in shock mode.

"No," I shook my head finally, "you don't." He looked at me a bit confused, "you don't love me, I know," I said raising my eyebrow at him.

"I know I'm not the smartest bet, but ever since that day I can't think of anything, but you," he said.

"What day," I asked totally confused.

"You kissed me," he said, "and I relized I didn't want it to end, you were the best girlfriend I ever had." I just crossed my arms and looked at him in disbelief, "I know I'm a jerk and I've done terrible things and I don't deserve a girl like you, but I had to talk to you."

"Stop being sweet," I said, "I'm not falling for the stupid sweet thing, it's just going to be the same." I turned to wipe a tear from my face, I don't cry this is weird, and I certainly don't want anyone to see me cry.

"Cara," he said turning me around, "I'm not like him, I would never urt you, I would never let anyone hurt you." I looked into his eyes, did I feel the same exact way, I didn't want to, but it was pulling me in. I leaned in and place my lips on his and he gently kissed back placing his hand on my cheek.

There was something different about when he kissed me, it just felt so right. "I love you too," I said softly.

"Cool, so now we should go on a real date," he said as we walked to the parking lot. "Want to see a movie?"

"Sure, but I'm paying," I said.

"No way, I'm the guy," he said looking at me.

"Race you to the car," I said and took off running. I yelled behind me, "winner gets to pay."
♠ ♠ ♠
the end