heartbeat

two

Fernando and I kept back from the rest of the group. We talked about things all over the map. From football to television to movies to food. It was a rather interesting conversation. The café we had gone to wasn’t far from Gerard’s place so we had just walked back.

As soon as we stepped inside, I walked over to Gerard who was placing various bottles of alcohol on the kitchen island. “Were you planning on telling me you were having a party later or what?” I raised and eyebrow, attempting to sound somewhat irritated with him.

“We’re having a party.” He paused. “To, um, welcome you here.” He smiled and Cesc turned to me and smiled as well.

“It better be damn good.” I turned on my heel to walk upstairs to get ready but stopped myself. “I’ll be making sure you’re well behaved.” My flip flops clacked against the wooden floor as I walked up the stairs and into my room.

Heaving a sigh I sat down on my bed and pulled my suitcase out. “What to wear, what to wear.” I repeated to myself as I bit my light purple painted fingernail.

I pulled out my white flowy shirt and some ripped jean short shorts. I let my long blonde locks fall to my side and applied some simple makeup.

When I returned downstairs the guys were all seating on the sofa watching what looked to be football replays. “When does everyone get here?” I said, making them jump. My eyes caught Fernando’s and he shot me a toothy smile.

“Damn Gerard,” Sergio said as he stood up and approached me. He placed his arm around my back and looked to Gerard. “We’d make a nice couple.” Gerard laughed and I smiled as I looked to Fernando who was no longer smiling.

“Maybe if you cut your hair.” I said as I broke away from him and walked into the kitchen to get a vodka soda. “Anyone else want anything?” I said carelessly as I tossed my hand up in the air. The bangles that adorned my wrist clinking in the process. “No? Okay.” I was now talking to myself.

The bottle of vodka had been left on the top shelf. I had wondered if Gerard had done this on purpose, to prevent me from reaching it. I attempted to get it by standing on my tippy-toes, but failed. “Let me get it for you.” A voice said from behind me.

I turned and was inches from Fernando’s face. He smiled and reached behind me and effortlessly grabbed the bottle of Grey Goose. I unscrewed the top and filled the glass almost halfway with vodka. Then I reached into the fridge and grabbed the club soda. I took a swig and smiled.

A little liquid courage never hurt anyone.

Fernando pulled out a bar stool for me to sit on and I did just that. The door bell rang and before Gerard could even get up, people began pouring into the house. “Here we go,” I said to Fernando as I downed the rest of my drink.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is pretty much a filler. Really short, but I'm having a writers block. I'd appreciate comments, since people seem to be reading. Enjoy.