Beautiful Scenes for Her Prom Dreams

Going Out With A Bang Baby

A girl spends four years in high school. Four years becoming who she is. Dealing with every other girl’s judgment and every boy’s, learning who she is: high school is where a girl wastes four years of dreams and plans and ideas and love and laughter and pain. High school is where everything is never as it seems; but then there’s prom: Senior Prom. The night that every high school girl dreams about for years: senior prom is almost as important as a girl’s wedding. The dress that takes forever to find and the hair that must be absolutely perfect, the accessories that have to match the dress exactly and the nails that have be to done, the heels that have to look good and be used for dancing, not to mention the makeup that cannot be smudged or destroyed through the entire night, these are what makes a girl’s dream senior prom; but not only these things… These only begin the night. What makes senior prom the night of every girl’s dreams is that one special dance.

She had the dress. The beautiful floor length black dress was simple and stunning. It cut across her chest in a straight line that accentuated her bust nicely. It was plain, yes, but the shiny black could not be any more perfect for her icy skin tone. Her hair was another story. She stared in the mirror and looked at the perfect makeup to go with the dress. A pale pink lipstick that shimmered and was hidden under glittery lip gloss was traced with an artist’s hand across her lips. She was wearing black eyeliner under a layer of black glitter for eye shadow and her eyes were rimmed which brought out a striking green in her eyes. Glitter mascara accented the glitter on her eyelids perfectly and she hadn’t smudged it yet. Her nails were painted just plain black. On her left hand she wore his class ring. She stared angrily at the mass of black curls pouring from her scalp. She didn’t have time to pull the straightener through it and she did not want to wear it up. She looked at the brush in her hand and decided on a side part and just combing through the ridiculous curls. With each stroke a butterfly entered her stomach. This was really it. Senior year was ending and tonight was her last high school dance. She smiled back at the beautiful young woman in the mirror. It didn’t seem that four years had passed since freshman year, but it had. Tonight was the last event for her to participate in during high school except graduation.

She walked out of the bathroom after placing her lipstick and lip gloss in her purse. She grabbed her cell phone, car keys, and camera. Slipping on her heels she kissed her mom good-bye. He had never gotten back to her on if he was going or not but she didn’t care. She was going. Tonight was going to be the best night of her life. Sliding into her car she pulled her dress up enough to make it possible for her to drive. She pulled her seatbelt across her chest and started the car. She backed out of the driveway and drove down her street. She drove for a while. It was a long drive to her destination but it was worth it. When she pulled into the hotel parking lot and parked her black Ford Mustang a guy in a tuxedo came and opened her door. She turned to face the man as he cleared his throat. She smiled up at her boyfriend and took his hand. He helped her out of the car.

“Welcome to your senior prom.” He murmured smirking at her. Checking her purse for all of her needed items she shut the car door and set the alarm. Arms intertwined the couple walked toward the hotel door.

“Oh, before I forget.” He stopped her and reached into his pocket. Pulling out his hand he revealed a clear plastic box that had a white rose.

“You said I could only do this senior year.” He slipped the corsage on her left wrist and took her arm back. They continued into the dance. Flashing their tickets at the door they entered the hotel. There were banners and balloons and streamers everywhere. All the decorations matched the school colors or mascot.

“Senior Prom…” she breathed gently.

“Yeah babe, your senior prom.” He smiled at her. She was the love and light of his life. He was lucky to have her but she was pretty lucky to have him too.

They danced for a while. Swaying and swishing all across the dance floor. It didn’t matter what song played they danced to it. They danced for an hour and a half then he pulled away from her. Looking down at her from his eight inch height advantage he smiled. He placed a hand on her cheek, cupping her face and kissed her. She took in a deep breath. This was the night she had dreamed about for years, the night every girl does.

“Is this all that you ever dreamed of baby?” He asked her quietly as they started to dance again.

“No, not really.” She muttered.

His face was a mask of pure shock, “What do you mean?” he asked. He was terrified for a moment, until she smiled up at him.

It was that innocent smile. The one she put on when she was trying to get her way or when she was lying or when something just wasn’t right, this was the smile she wore at this moment. The strange thing was that she didn’t seem to be trying to get away with something or hide something from him, she seemed sincerely innocent in that moment.

“This isn’t everything I dreamed about, this is so much more.” She whispered.

He smiled at her and kissed the top of her head. They stopped dancing when the music stopped so the chaperoning vice principal could announce the prom king and queen, who had actually made senior court. As names were listed off for the court she kissed him. She put as much passion as she possibly could into that kiss and she reached for her purse.

“Ladies and gentlemen the prom queen for class of 2012 is…” but no one heard the name that the vice principal said over the gun shot. Everyone looked in her direction but couldn’t find her.

She was laying in a pool of blood on the floor and he stood staring horror struck. Her black curls and black dress were surrounded by a deep shade of crimson. Everyone screamed as he put the gun to his head and cocked it. He kissed her one last time and pulled the trigger.

“Ladies and gentlemen… Your prom queen.” The congregation stared at the dead pair. It was eerie to realize that she lay there, dead, with a smile on her face…