Welcome to the family

Danger

August 10th

Today started off as a regular day for me. I woke up, took a shower, got dressed then made my mom and I some breakfast. Which consisted of fried eggs and some toast.

After we ate I told my mother to go relax while I clean up the small kitchen area, then grabbed her medication and a cup of water.

For the past year or so, I've felt more like a mom and my own mother is my kid because I have to keep reminding her to do the simplest things.

"I'm going to go cash my check from work then I'm going to hang with some friends." I told my mom after I gave her her medication and put the bottle away. I hated lieing to her, but if I told her what I've been doing, she'd yell at me and make her more stressed out then she already is.

"But it's Tuesday." That threw me off. I thought she forgot the date.

"Um yeah it is. I just haven't had the time to cash it." I told her as I put my shoes on. They were brand new but I didn't buy them, I borrowed them from the store. As soon as they get worn out I'll give them back.

"Alright, be back by five." My mom told me as she laid on the couch and closed her eyes.
I couldn't help but to smile a little bit. She still wanted me to be safe, which meant she still cared about me.

"I will." I said as I checked my appearance in the mirror, then left the apartment.

Time skip to 1:00pm

I've been out for about two hours now, pickpocketing people who I passed by on the pier. An in total I got two hundred dollars and a fake gold watch. In all, I thought I did pretty good, mom and I could do some groceries shopping with the money and I can sell the watch to a younger kid or something.

Getting bored I decided to go to the boardwalk. Tourists usually had more money on them.

The boardwalk that I went to was one of the largest ones in Huntington Beach. It was also very dangerous at times. You never know what you will run into there.

I searched the crowed for someone who looked like they would have there wallet somewhere easy for me to reach.

I felt the side of my mouth twitch as I saw a guy who looked cocky. He wore big sunglasses and had his hat sideways. He was also well built. But none the less he looked like an easy target.

I noticed that people were kinda keeping there distances from him, I didn't know why but I continued with what I wanted to do. I pretended I hadn't noticed him.

My right side into his side and used my hand to skillfully grab his wallet, but I guess I wasn't fast enough because he grabbed my arm. An tightly may I add.

I took a sharp intake of air as I felt his fingernails dig into my skin. I looked up at the guy a saw him staring at me, I didn't know if he was glaring at me because of his sunglasses.

As we stared at each other I took that as an opportunity to kick him in the balls. He fell over in pain after he loosened his grip on my arm.

I twisted my arm out of his grasp and ran to the nearest alleyway. I planed on hiding from him or at least attempt to get as far away from him as I could.

I only ran for like, five minutes before I heard him gaining on me.

Thinking quick I claimed onto the roof and laid down on it, hoping he didn't see me. I looked at my arm and saw that I had blood dripping down my arm from the cuts his nails dug into my skin.

I cringed, it hurt.

Wanting to get it over with I opened the guy's wallet and went through it. I took the hundred dollars he had in his wallet. I look at the drivers license, the guy had long black hair and chocolate brown eyes. Kinda cute, but he wasn't my type.

I laid on the roof for two hours then decided to go home or what ever you could call the place I lived.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes and the guy chasing her

I would of published this chapter yesterday, but I was to lazy and I kept getting distracted by things. I'd love it if I got a few comments for this chapter. I really want to see/read what people think of this story so far.

And thanks for commenting
andreaface13

An sorry, this chapter was kinda rushed through....