Awakened.

Bitch of Living

“Man, this blows. I can’t believe Schuester expects us to put together a song by tomorrow.” Puck groaned, leaning against the piano in the auditorium.

“I think if we work hard enough we can put something together that would satisfy Mr. Schuester.” Artie said, looking up.

“Yeah, but we need a song. Does anyone have any ideas?” Finn asked, glancing between Puck, Artie, Matt and Mike. They all shrugged, shaking their heads.

“Not to fear, boys, I think I have the solution to our problem. I think this song is perfect for all of us, and is simple enough for us to memorize by tomorrow.” Kurt said, flouncing into the auditorium. He pulled out sheet music as he walked towards the piano.

“I swear, Hummel, if this is some lame show tune,” Puck started, but Kurt stopped him with a raised hand.

“Don’t worry, Noah, I’m sure you’ll find this to your liking.” Kurt said with a smirk, handing out the sheet music to each of them. Finn raised his eyebrows.

“The Bitch of Living?” He said, reading the name of the song off the top of the paper. Kurt nodded.

“It’s from a Broadway musical that won a Tony award, so there’s no reason for Mr. Schuester to complain about its credibility. Finn, you can take Moritz’s part and Puck you can take Georg’s part. I will take Hanschen and Ernst’s part, and Matt, you can take Otto’s part. Artie, you can take Melchior’s. Go home and learn your parts, and we’ll meet in here tomorrow morning to discuss and go over choreography, which Mike will be handling.” Kurt said, smiling proudly. The other guys exchanged looks and shrugged, deciding that this was good enough for them. They parted ways and went home, the sheet music clenched tightly in each of their hands.

That night, after reading the song over and over, Puck burst into laughter. He finally got it. He couldn’t believe Kurt had picked a song about masturbation, of all things. He shook his head, climbing into bed and closing his eyes, falling asleep.

Finn had read his part of the song over and over, committing it to memory. It hadn’t exactly clicked in his head yet, but as he sang it quietly, it finally hit him. His eyes widened and he blushed profusely, shoving the sheet music into his backpack. He crawled into bed, shaking his head, trying to get rid of certain thoughts about his girlfriend.

Kurt smiled at himself in the mirror as he finished his moisturizing routine. The song was perfect for all of them. It suited their lives wonderfully well. He chuckled to himself, slowly getting into his bed. He closed his eyes, images of Finn dancing in front of his eyelids.

God, I dreamed there was an angel
Who could hear me through the wall
As I cried out-like, in Latin
"This is so not life at all
Help me out-out-of this nightmare"
Then I heard her silver call-
She said: "Just give it time, kid
I come to one and all"


In the middle of the night, all three boys woke up from different dreams, sweating and panting. They shot upward, different faces in their mind but the same idea floating through their heads as their hands slowly inched under the covers.

She said: "Give me that hand, please
And the itch you can't control
Let me teach you how to handle
All the sadness in your soul
Oh, we'll work that silver magic
Then we'll aim it at the wall"
She said: "Love may make you blind kid-
But I wouldn't mind at all"


Each of them hesitated before reaching their destiny, looking up at the ceiling. Doing this was something private and almost shameful, and they couldn’t help the tiniest pang of guilt as their hands resumed their journeys.

It's the bitch of living
(Bitch, just the bitch)
With nothing but your hand
(Just the bitch, yeah)
Just the bitch of living
As someone you can't stand


When they finished, they collapsed back onto their pillows, unknowingly breathing in sync. They rolled over, burying their faces in their pillows, the smallest bit ashamed at what they had just done, and who they had thought of while doing it.

The next day, they got together and went over the choreography, committing it to memory before going their separate ways to school. Finally, Glee club rolled around and the boys all stood on stage, their backs to the audience. The girls and Mr. Schuester sat in the first few rows, all attentive and curious as to what the boys had chosen.

The lights dimmed and the stage lights came on, and Finn turned around, starting the song. Rachel’s eyes widened in recognition, and she could hardly believe her eyes. They picked this song? She thought, glancing at Mr. Schuester to see what he thought of it. As the song went on, everyone’s eyes began growing until they matched Rachel’s. Santana began snorting and Quinn began uncontrollably giggling at not only the song, but the choreography. There was pelvic thrusting and crude gestures. It looked like someone had taken the choreography to Push It and made it ten times worse.

See, there's showering in gym class... Bobby Maler, he's the best, looks so nasty in those khakis, God, my whole life's like some test, Kurt sang, moving to the front of the stage. He gave a cheeky wink to the audience before turning around and flouncing to the back. The girls all laughed quietly, giggling to themselves as Mr. Schuester began to grow more uncomfortable.

God, is this it? This can't be it! Oh God, what a bitch! The boys ended the song with a bang, all of them jumping in the same spot (except for Artie, who clapped his hands instead), and stomping on the stage. The girls began clapping and laughing and Mr. Schuester stood up, a skeptical look on his face.

“While that performance was very energetic, and…interesting, I have to say it was very inappropriate. Good job otherwise, guys.” He said, chuckling. “Let’s meet back in the choir room. Come on.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i don't know.