Status: Contest entry-- finished

Waiting for the Sun

Chapter 2

Diem lay back on the bed in the hotel room, cleaned from a day of manual labor. She loved her job; it was much better than what she was doing back in Vietnam. It didn't require brainwork, didn't require her to take off her clothing or have knowledge of things that she had no business knowing. Her coworkers were great. She was always near her girlfriend. The loads of American fast food she ate were evened out with the labor she put into her job.

But it could get demanding at times.

Diem rubbed her legs against the comforter underneath her. It was cool still, comforting to her overheated body. Though Hayley demanded Diem wear only whipped cream, Diem opted for a tee-shirt and underwear. Hayley would get over it.

Diem heard a card slid through the hotel room door's lock system, beeping in acceptance of the key being used. The door opened and Hayley walked in, a plastic bag of takeout on her arm. Hayley let the door shut, looking at Diem with a pout.

"What?" Diem asked.

She wasn't sure what Hayley was upset about but it couldn't be anything serious. Not with the over exaggerated puppy dog pout on her face. If something was really upsetting the redhead, she would be crying or on the verge of crying.

"I wanted whipped cream," Hayley whined.

Of course.

"There's whipped cream in the refrigerator," Diem replied.

Hayley's face lit up. She dropped the plastic bag on the small counter of the kitchen and turned to the mini-fridge, pulling it open. Diem looked at the plastic bag. The lettering on it was definitely not English. From the distance, Diem could see a set of characters she vaguely recognized. They weren't Vietnamese; they seemed to be Chinese. From the look of the design on the bag, Diem decided she was probably right.

"What'd you get?" Diem asked.

Hayley didn't say anything, instead continuing to go through the fridge.

"Hayley?" Diem asked, assuming her girlfriend didn't hear her.

Hayley straightened, closing the mini-fridge with her foot and turning to face Diem. Holding the whipped cream container up, she smirked. Diem's eyes widened. Maybe she shouldn't have told Hayley they had whipped cream in the fridge.

"Hayley, put the whipped cream away," Diem said.

Hayley popped the top of the whipped cream spray can, smirking, "Take off your clothes."

"I'm not—"

The lead singer hopped on top of Diem, legs in either side of her waist, cutting off Diem's speech. The sudden movement surprised Diem. Hayley should have been tired after the performance

Hayley pressed her lips to Diem's, massaging them. Diem was quick to respond, kissing Hayley back eagerly, wrapping her arms around Hayley's shoulders and tangling her hands in Hayley's hair. She felt Hayley's tongue slip past her lips and probe her own tongue. Diem's tongue flicked against Hayley's to show her she was ready for Hayley to take the lead of the kiss. Their tongues danced together; they didn't battle.

Their tongues never battled anymore; they hadn't battled it out in awhile. Diem knew damn well she was the submissive one, that she would lose the battle of tongues. There was no point in fighting it.

She was perfectly fine with Hayley being in control.

The sound of the whipped cream can filled Diem's ears. Before she could pull away from the kiss and get out of Hayley's hold, a wet substance hit her cheek. Diem broke the kiss, gaping at Hayley.

"You got whipped cream on my cheek," Diem exclaimed.

"Let me get it off for you," Hayley licked Diem's cheek, removing the substance.

Diem giggled as Hayley's tongue glided over her cheek, "You're silly."

"And you love it," Hayley mumbled, tongue trailing down to Diem's neck.

Hayley nipped the sensitive skin above Diem's pulse, letting the whipped cream container fall to the floor. Diem moaned immediately, tipping her head to the side so Hayley could access the spot better. Hayley knew just where to bite to make Diem lose a bit of control.

Hayley sucked on the spot, pulling groans from the confines of Diem's throat. Diem couldn't help the whimpers and groans of pleasure escaping from her body. Not that she wanted to. She learned some time ago that those noises excited Hayley. It was why Hayley enjoyed being the one initiating the pleasure.

Diem felt a light touch on the outside of her thigh. It traveled up her thigh, trailed over her panties, and slipped under her shirt. Hayley's hand ran up the length of her toned stomach, gripping her otherwise naked left breast.

"Oh god," Hayley mumbled against Diem's flesh, "Baby, you're not wearing a bra."

If Hayley took of Diem's shirt, she would be half naked underneath her. The thought excited Hayley a bit more than it should have.

Hayley had seen Diem naked before. Diem didn't care if she walked out of the shower without a towel on to grab clothing. Ever since Hayley walked in on her on accident, she didn't really care what Hayley saw.

Normally, Hayley didn't get to touch.

Hayley returned to pulling at the skin on Diem's neck with her teeth, her hand kneading Diem's left breast, occasionally pinching her nipple. With each passing second, Diem felt the anxiety build inside of her. This was the farthest she and Hayley had ever gone and she couldn't let Hayley get further. She couldn't let Hayley continue.

Diem wanted Hayley to know where she had been, what she had gone through, before going any further. She wanted Hayley to understand the past before allowing her to touch her.

She didn't want to have sex with Hayley and have her find out later that she was damaged goods.

"Stop," Diem commanded, letting go of Hayley's hair and pushing her shoulders.

Hayley stopped on command, used to Diem telling her to do so when things got too heated. Her hand slipped from under her girlfriend's shirt, her face pulling back from biting on her neck.

"Why do we always stop?" Hayley asked.

She could tell Diem wanted it. Hayley didn't understand why she didn't give into that want.

"I'm not ready," Diem replied.

That was the excuse she used each time Hayley asked her the question.

"Do you not trust me?" Hayley asked.

"Of course I trust you."

"Then why can't we go further? I know you want it as much as I do. You're not going to get pregnant and you won't get a disease. We've both been tested. Why can't you let loose?"

Hayley had never asked those questions before. Diem was slightly shocked that she did ask them. But Hayley had a want to connect with her on a sexual level that Diem was keeping from happening. She should have been shocked that Hayley didn't ask sooner.

"I'm not ready to talk about it yet," Diem mumbled.

Hayley sighed, "Okay. You know I'm here for you."

"I know."

Hayley moved strands of hair from Diem's face, admiring Diem's features. Diem stared up at her with innocent eyes, ones that Hayley adored from the moment they met. She adored everything about Diem and she would wait until the Vietnamese girl was ready to let her secrets out.

Hayley wasn't stupid; she knew something happened to make Diem afraid of sex.

"You hungry?" Hayley asked.

Diem nodded.

"Good, I bought Chinese," Hayley said.

"You couldn't buy Vietnamese?" Diem joked.

"Do you know any good Vietnamese places around here?"

"I don't even know where we are."

Hayley laughed, "Of course you don't."

"Hey, I may not be from here but I bet I know the United States map better than you."

"Oh really? Where's Tennessee?"

Diem tried to imagine the map of America. She could see the boundaries laid out for her but not the names. Where the fuck was Tennessee?

Again, Hayley laughed, "You live there and you don't know where it is."

"Shut up," Diem commanded, "I know where California and Angel Island are."

"That's where you came through to get here," Hayley pointed out.

Diem pouted, crossing her hands over her chest.

"Aw, baby, don't be upset. Plenty of Americans don't know the United States by heart," Hayley said, pecking Diem's lips.

"So that doesn't make me stupid?" Diem asked.

"You were never stupid."

Diem could think of a slew of Vietnamese men who called her stupid, who thought she was nothing but a piece of meat.

She was happy to have at least one person who loved her and believed in her.

"Come on; let's eat," Hayley said, pushing off of Diem to grab the food from the small counter.
♠ ♠ ♠
For those of you who don't know, Angel Island is an island in California that most Asian immigrants go through to get into the United States.
Think the Ellis Island of the West.
I hope you enjoyed.
Comment/Subscribe?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste