Status: one-shot;drabble?;not sure, but this is it.

Show Don't Tell

1/1

A I walked into the house and take off my shoes, the cold, hard floor is instantaneously under my feet. The sweet aroma of the food cooking in the kitchen near by fills the air. As soon as I sit on the smooth, squishy, black sofa, there is a little girl in my lap. She is excited to see me, and the touch of her soft, baby like hands on mine is incredible. This little girl is one of my many cousins.

Before I know it, she is off my lap and is with the other children, running around, and laughing. With her out of my lap, I am able to look out into the den and notice the forest green walls.The sound of adults talking, and people knocking on the door is ringing in my ears.

Soon after, the scent of fresh sprayed "Febreeze" surrounds me. As I get get off the sofa and turn around I realize that I am in my aunts den, surrounded by my family. The ones I love the most.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was an assignment I had to do for L.A. class. We had to write of a place we felt most comfortable in without using the words; I see, I hear, I feel, I smell, or I taste...but i didn't taste anything.

Then at the end we tell where we are.

So tell me what you think of this drabble or one-shot...I'm still not sure what to call it