FiveNinety

Practice

“So how long you’ve been in Arizona?” Eric asked making conversation as he drove to practice.
“Well about.” She thought about that for a few seconds, trying to remember the date she moved down here then answered, “Wow for about a month now.”
“Ah so not very long huh?”
“Nope.” She shook her head.
“Where are some places you been?”
“Like sight seeing stuff? No where actually. I came here got settled in and now in the process of finding a job. Which is hard by the way.”
“Yeah I’ve heard it is.” He glances over at her, “What are some things you can do?”
She then proceeded to tell him all her abilities, right about that time he pulled into the parking lot and parked. After she was done they got out of the car and of course he locked the car.
“That’s some good things to be able to do. I’m sure you will find a good job really soon.”
“Thanks.” She smiles and they walked inside.
“Hey guys.” Eric stated.
Beau looks over “Well who is this?” He smiles over at Jessica.
“This here is Jessica.” He then pointed to each guy as he said their names “That’s Beau, Jared, Matt and Mike.”
“Nice to meet you.” They all said in their own ways.
“And these are their girls. Sometimes its just us guys doing practice then every now and then the girls join to watch.” He pointed to them as he said their names “That’s Ashleigh, she’s with Beau, Charlotte, Mike’s girl, Alba, Matt’s girl, and last but surely not least, Livia, who is Jared’s girl.” He smiles.
“It’s nice to meet all of you.” Jessica said with a smile.
“So how’d you meet Eric here?” Livia asked.
Eric smirked with a smile on his face as Jessica answered her “Oh it’s quite funny actually, now thinking back on it anyways.” Jessica looked at Eric.
Eric looks back at her and says “Well I will let you answer that one.”
“Oh I see how it is.” She laughs nudging her shoulder with his, “Anyways I was taking a walk and ended up on Gab’s street. I seen this cute little girl playing outside which made me smile then I seen Eric here walking towards her. I didn’t think anything of it until I noticed he was really starring at her which to me looked suspicious so I hid watching. Then all of a sudden he grabbed the girl, well Leila but at the time I didn’t know who Leila and Gab was. Anyways back to what I was saying. He grabbed her the way a kidnapper would. So I snuck up behind him putting my arm around his neck putting him in a choke hold. While doing that she went and got her mom while I called the police with my free hand. Well I let go of Eric, but I didn’t just let go of him I tossed him to the ground.” She smirks “I soon had found out that they were doing that stuff to teach Leila what to do if some stranger were to do that so I felt like a bitch afterwards.” Jessica blushed some.
“Damn, I know now not to piss you off.” Beau laughed.
“Oh you know it.” Jessica winks with a laugh. “But that’s how we met.”
“How did you learn to do that stuff?” Ashleigh asked.
“Oh I took a self-defense class since I’m living out here all on my own now. Especially since I’m in a new area and don’t know anyone, well didn’t at the time anyways.”
“Really? You’re new to this area?” Charlotte asked her.
Jessica nodded “Yup, used to live in Missouri but have lived in this state for a month now.”
They chatted for a few more minutes then the guys started practicing. About four hours later they finally ended practice.
“How about we all go out to eat together?” Jessica suggested.
“That sounds like a great idea.” Eric nodded his head.
“Where should we go?” Mike asked looking around.
“Pei Wei!” Jessica called out before anyone else can say anything.
“Oh man I love her already.” Beau chuckled.
“Hey now.” Ashleigh acted hurt.
“Awe you know I love you more.” Beau grins and kisses her.
She giggles and kisses him back “I know, I’m just messing with you.”
“Awe you two are adorable.” Jessica gushed.
“Trust me they know.” Jared playfully rolls his eyes with a smile on his face.
“So how about we go now.” Matt said, “I know I’m hungry.”
They all agreed so they put their instruments up then headed out to meet at Pei Wei that was close by.