Status: This is a story I posted on Quizilla so I hope you guys enjoy it!

Melting On Ice

Chapter Fourteen

"Looks like the storms are going to continue for the rest of the night," the weather man informed me as I pulled the blanket tighter around myself. I shivered as lightening cracked outside the window. It was funny how much scarier storms seemed to be when you were sitting alone in your apartment. Jon and Miranda had went to go see a movie so I was just sitting there, praying that the power wouldn't go out. I checked my cell phone yet again to see that Patrick still hadn't called me. I hadn't talked to him since our little chat yesterday. I knew that I shouldn't have given him the CD because all it did was make him uncomfortable. I mean, that had to be the reason. Why else wouldn't he call me? He had said that he was in love with me, didn't he? Ugh, boys were so confusing.

I let out a tiny shriek as a knock on the door startled me. I kept the blanket wrapped tightly around me as I went to go answer it. "Patrick?" I couldn't keep the excitement from seeping through my voice as my eyes met his. His blonde locks were matted to his head and rain dripped off of his body. It was ridiculous to me how good looking he was, even drenched in rain.

He slowly walked inside, never taking his eyes off of me. He stepped as close as possible and placed his hand on the back of my neck. An electric shock ran through my body as he leaned down and kissed me slowly. It was exactly how I had pictured it all of these years and let me tell you, it was definitely worth the wait.

We were both breathing heavily as he pulled away from me. "I'm guessing that you liked the CD?"

He smiled down at me. "Where did you learn to sing like that?"

"I told you." I pulled him further into the apartment. "I have several hidden talents." He leaned down and kissed me again and I didn't even mind that he was getting me soaking wet.

"Do you have any idea how long I have been waiting for this moment?" He whispered in my ear.

I bit my lip before reaching up and kissing him lightly again. "I think I have an idea." He pulled me into his arms as the power went out suddenly. "Well this is just great." I mumbled.

I sighed quietly and was about to protest as he let me go. He started to search blindly around for something. I heard as he clattered through the kitchen and he came out carrying a tiny candle. "No it's perfect. A candle light date is so much more romantic." I laughed and shook my head. Patrick and I were on a date. This was surreal. He lit the candle and sat himself down on the couch, patting the seat next to him. I cautiously sat down and leaned into him.

I could feel him staring at me in the dark. "Is this really happening?" I asked, staring into the candle.

He laughed under his breath. "I don't know. I'm still waiting to wake up." He brushed the hair out of my face and rested his arm on the back of the couch behind me. "You know, we never did get to finish our dance." He leaned his face into my hair.

"Um," I stood up hesitantly as he offered his hand to help me stand up. I had been trying to block that awful night from my mind. "I'd rather not kill myself tripping over something in the dark." As if mother nature was mocking me, the lights flickered back on.

He smiled up at the ceiling before sitting back down. "Forget it. You'll trip over something even with the lights on."

I rolled my eyes as I sat down next to him. "This relationship is not going to last long if you continue to insult me."

He intertwined his hand in mine. "This is a relationship?" He whispered.

I had a short moment of panic. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. "Only if you want it to be." I stuttered.

He lifted my chin up, forcing me to look him in the eyes. "Emma," my heart started racing at his touch. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I smiled as I relaxed. I was about to answer him when suddenly the wall phone rang. I sighed quietly but Patrick either didn't notice, or was ignoring it.

"I should get that." I made no move to get up as I stared at him for a moment before it rang again.

He glanced over at the phone. "Hurry back." His tone sounded slightly hurt and I hoped that it was a life or death phone call that had interrupted the moment that was about to happen. "Hello?" I couldn't keep my tone from sounding slightly annoyed.

"He kissed me!" Miranda sang into the phone. "Jon actually kissed me! It was amazing Em! You should have been here! You know, on the other hand maybe it was better that you weren't. But it was so amazing I have to-" I watched Patrick watching me and I mouthed "Miranda" to him when he gave me a questioning look. He nodded and got up to walk over to me. He grabbed my hand and started to massage it slightly.

"Listen, can I call you back?" I mumbled, my full attention now on Patrick.

"Em? Did you fall and crack your head? Of course you can't call me back! This is one of the biggest moments of my life! What could be so important that-"

"Patrick's over." I cut her off, hoping that simple line would make her understand. I hadn't exactly told her everything that he had said in the arena, but I hoped I said enough. I stepped back from him, knowing that I wouldn't be able to focus on anything else with him that close.

I heard her whispering something on the other line to who I assumed was Tazer. "Okay," she said, her mood changing suddenly. "Just as long as you tell me everything after. Don't even leave out one tiny detail."

"Okay," I said, although I had already placed the phone back on the hook.

"So?" Patrick raised his eyebrows expectantly as I walked towards him.

"Yes" I whispered before leaning up and kissing him gently. "I would love to be your girlfriend."

* * *

"Come on! What are we doing!?" An angry old man shouted behind me. He had his entire face painted in red and black, and he was wearing a shirt that seemed to be three sizes to small. It was game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals and the guys were being a little sloppy with the puck. But it was ten minutes into the first period, so I thought that he was being a little overdramatic.

I tucked my knees into Patrick's hoodie and breathed in his scent. I had worn it at many other games, but this was the first that I was wearing it as his girlfriend. The entire crowd rose to it's feet as Versteeg and Brower passed the puck back and forth and then to Seabrook and...score! I jumped up and down, screaming my head off. The period ended with two more goals by Bolland and Versteeg.

Patrick skated over and sat down by me on the bench. After squirting about half of his water bottle down his throat he asked me, "Having fun?"

"Fun?" I asked like he was an idiot. "This is so freaking exciting!" He laughed as I rocked back and forth.

"Kaner!" Coach Q gave him the evil eye as he called him over.

"I'd better go." He kissed me lightly on the cheek before getting up.

"You'd better score a goal for me, Patrick." He turned back and smiled at me.

I saw Versteeg glance, amused between Patrick and I. "What was that?" He said, sliding over so that he was sitting right next to me on the bench.

"Shouldn't you be focused on the game," I said while I kept my eyes on the Zamboni as it rode around.

He shrugged. "It's intermission. Plus, I did my part. I scored a goal didn't I?" He stared at me a minute, waiting to see if I would cave. "So spill."

"There's nothing to say." I stared out at the ice, trying to think of something to say to change the subject.

"Right." He said slowly. "So you are telling me that all best friends kiss each other?"

I buried my face in my hands, suddenly very embarrassed. "Maybe, but I don't see how it's any of your business."

"Well, we're friends right?" I nodded hesitantly. "So you wouldn't slap me if I kissed you every time I saw you?"

I pushed him back as he started to lean towards me. "Fine, fine." I stared down at my hands as he waited. "This morning Patrick came to my apartment." I hesitated, trying to build the suspense. "And he kissed me."

His mouth fell open a little as he laughed. "Did I just hear you right? Kaner finally kissed you?" He stood up and looked over at Patrick.

I pulled his hand to make him sit back down on the bench. "At least wait until after the game to embarrass him. He needs to focus."

"Who says I was going to embarrass him?" I gave him a look and he laughed as he sat back down. "Fine, but just so you know, it will be torture for me."

I patted his leg. "I think you'll live." The buzzer rang as the second period began. He smiled at me before he got up to go on the ice. Immediately Hartnell skated passed our defenseman and gave the Flyers their first goal. A chorus of "boo's" erupted from behind me. Suddenly the puck was being passed from Ladd to Sharp and then to Patrick. I got on my feet so that I could see as Patrick scored. He winked at me as he skated by, causing Versteeg to make kissy faces at me. I put my hand up against my face on the side that he was on so that I didn't have to look at him.

* * *

"You couldn't wait until after you took a shower to come and see me?" I laughed as Patrick pulled me into his arms. The guys had just won the game, 7-4.

"Nope." He leaned down and pulled me into a kiss. I got the same shock through my body that I would probably get every time he even glanced in my direction. I started to pull away, embarrassed as some guys started to whistle at us, but Patrick held my face to his. "Don't listen to them," he mumbled. "They're idiots."

"You think I don't know that by now?" He smiled at me as I stepped away. "Why don't you guys go bug Tazer?" I suggested. "He got himself a girlfriend last night." I smirked as Jon scowled at me before he walked into the locker room.

"Just wait here." Patrick let go of my hand before he went into the locker room, followed by the rest of the team, who just couldn't resist making comments. When they were done making fun of me, I slid down and leaned against the wall. This was so unreal. Patrick and I, dating? It felt so strange to even think those words.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard heavy footsteps walking down the hall towards me. "So your Kaner's latest flame?"

"Excuse me?" I looked up to see Chris Pronger looking down at me.

"Did he at least wash that sweater for you, or does he force you to smell all of the other girls perfume?" I stood up and looked at him in disbelief. "Oh come on." He laughed at my look of confusion. "You really think that you are the first one? First one today maybe."

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, suddenly starting to hate him even more then I did before.

He smiled mockingly at me. "It's too bad because you seem sort of nice." He started to walk away but I called his attention back.

"You have no idea what you are talking about." I snapped, crossing my arms in front of me.

"Don't I?" He asked, amused. "I've seen him walk down these halls with a new girl every game." He came over an pulled lightly on my jacket. "A new girl wearing his sweatshirt."

"Back off Pronger." Eager came from behind me and pushed on him lightly. "Don't listen to him Em, he doesn't know what he is talking about."

"Relax," I placed my hand on his arm. "We're just talking."

"Yeah Benny," Pronger said mockingly. "Relax. She deserves to know."

"Get out of here." Ben said each word slowly. "Now."

Pronger put his hands up in defeat. "All right, I'm going." He turned to me. "Remember what I said, Dollface." He winked at me before walking down the hall.

"Em?" I heard Patrick as he came out of the locker room. "Is everything okay?" I slowly pulled his jacket off of myself and threw it at him before storming out of the building. "Emma!" He called after me as I started to run away from him. I slammed the door as I walked out onto the empty street. I was so stupid to think Patrick would really settle for me. Why would he? He obviously could have any girl he wanted. "Emma?" Patrick asked as I leaned against the brick wall outside the United Center.

"What?" I snapped at him as he walked closer.

"Would you like to tell me why you are so upset?" He asked as he leaned against the wall next to me. "Or are you going to make me guess?"

"Why don't you ask all of the other girls that wear your jacket?" I laughed bitterly as he looked at me in confusion. "You know what hurts the most Patrick?" I started to walk away from him. "That I had to hear it from stupid Chris Pronger." I shuddered at his name.

"What are you talking about?" He followed me as I walked further down the street. "What other girls wear my jacket?"

I sighed in frustration. "It told me," I said, replacing Pronger's name for "it". "That you have a new girl here at every game."

"You seriously can't believe that." He looked at me skeptically. "You're at every game! Wouldn't you notice?" I crossed my arms stubbornly and just looked at him. "Em, I swear on my life that I'm the only other person besides you who has ever worn that jacket."

Despite myself, I smiled. "That's not exactly what I was mad about, but good to know."

I let him take my hand as he walked up to me. "And, even though we've only been officially dating for almost 24 hours," he leaned closer to me. "I love you and I would never try to hurt you."

I smiled and bit my lip. "You love me?"

"More then you know." He leaned down and kissed my gently.

"Then why don't you show me?" I felt him smile under my lips as we continued to kiss underneath the streetlight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy :) GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!