I'll Be There

Chapter 1

When people on Earth describe Heaven, they say it's a beautiful place full of an infinite amount of possibilities. They say anything magical can happen. Some even believe that we have unicorns roaming around. For the most part, they have a pretty accurate idea of what Heaven is like. We have beautiful scenery that can't and never will be destroyed. Our society is the most peaceful society in the universe, leading to our infinite amount of possibilities. Everyone has the opportunity to live the dreams they weren't able to on Earth, no matter how big the dream. Every newcomer is welcomed with open arms and a blessing to prevent anyone from being discriminated. In the seven years I've lived in Heaven, I've never seen a problem amongst any group of people.

Now where people get the wrong idea of Heaven is when they say we've gone to a better place. In all honesty, the society is a much better place, but living on Earth with the ones you love is irreplaceable. After being in Heaven for so long, you can't help but wish you were sharing this experience with your family and friends.

At the age of thirteen, I was diagnosed with Leukemia, cancer of the blood. I was in bad shape for six months until I finally went into remission for about two years. Then two weeks after my fifteenth birthday, I was placed back into the hospital to start immediate treatment because they saw signs of my cancer coming back. I was terrified the entire time, but my parents supported me. Two months later, my cancer continued to get worse. They did whatever they could to save my young life, but their efforts failed. I passed away on March 4, 2002.

When I lived on Earth, I didn't have the greatest attitude and I took everyone important to me for granted. I never thanked my parents or showed them how grateful I was for the wonderful life they worked hard to give me. The only time I'd tell them I loved them was when I was begging for something I didn't deserve. I would always get annoyed by my infant sister, Tomi, and never volunteered to help out with her. I was living a pretty privileged life, but never presented an ounce of appreciation.

The moment I finally realized how lucky I was, it was too late. I had already been sent to Heaven. Ever since I realized how good I had it, I've been feeling more and more guilt for not giving my family more attention and only worrying about myself. I've been trying to reverse my behavior and show everyone here how much I do care about them. I'll send them flowers out of the blue to make their day or I'll go to lunch with them. Not only does it make them feel good, but it also makes me feel better about myself. It also keeps me from being lonely.

I used to have two very close family members up here with me that made this place all the more magical. Then my grandma was sent down to be my mother's Guardian Angel, my Auntie Kim to be my father's, and my cousin Jet to be my other cousin's Guardian Angel.

I've heard a lot of things about becoming a Guardian Angel. You're supposed to bring happiness into the person's saddened life, but it's more difficult than it sounds. You lay down a hypothetical path that leads to an open door of happiness, but you're not allowed to touch or talk to them and they're not able to see you. I've never been sure why that's a rule and why it's followed so strictly. There are a variety of dreaded consequences that follow it, though, being the reason the rule is followed by everybody.

Although I've heard a lot about how tricky it is to be a Guardian Angel, I've also heard it's one of the best experiences ever lived. I'm just waiting for the day I'll be sent down to do the magical job myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I added to this chapter because someone said I should because it stopped abruptly. I re-read it, agreed. And yeah. :)

I hope I made it better?