Dumbledore's Mohawk

Chapter 1

Flicking his wand in random directions, Harry Potter rested his elbow on the school table and placed his chin on the palm of his hand. Green eyes flickering behind his glasses, he was as bored as ever. Having already knocked down his Potions cauldron, Snape had sneered at him and given him a D. Despite being somewhat thankful that hadn’t received a T, Harry was still upset that Snape had automatically failed him without allowing him another chance.

“Time to put all your belongings up and remember to supply a small amount of your potion in the flask. Tomorrow in class we will test them on one student. If all of you followed the directions, nothing bad should happen. If not, then we will see what will happen to that unfortunate student,” Snape said. He had been looking at Harry the whole time while he had been talking.

Harry gulped. He knew that he would be the ‘unfortunate’ student. Hopefully, Snape would have forgotten or maybe Neville had correctly made his potions. Silently hoping for the best, Harry gathered up his books and shoved them into his bag.

“Well that was a ruddy mess,” Ron Weasley said as they made their way down the staircase. “I didn’t know how many frog legs we were suppose to add, so I just added the whole bag. It can’t be that bad, can it?”

“Honestly Ron,” Hermione said while giving Ron an incredulous look. “It clearly said in the directions to add three frog legs. Do you even listen?” Her bushy hair violently shook as she shook head disapprovingly. “How about you Harry? How did your potion turn out?”

Grimacing, Harry shrugged his shoulders. “I didn’t finish making mine. As I was bending down to grab my book to recheck the directions, Malfoy knocked down my cauldron. I was so mad. I could’ve smacked the smirk off his ugly face.”

“I would’ve helped you out mate,” Ron said.

The trio continued their walk down the spiraling staircase until they reached the ground floor. They were just about to walk to their usual bench that they sat down, when Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas came running up to them out of breath.

“You’ll never guess what,” Seamus said in his thick Irish accent. Dean excitedly nodded his head and wiped sweat from his upper lip.

“Wait, what?” Harry asked perplexed.

“You know how Dumbledore hasn’t been around the school lately? And how we thought he was missing in action? Well, he’s back!” Dean rapidly said out of breath.

“Dumbledore’s back?” Hermione asked in disbelief.

Silent thinking in his head, Harry thought he must have been working on some confidential work for the Order. He would have to meet Dumbledore as soon as possible to see if anything new had happened or maybe even some news on Sirius.

“But you haven’t even heard the best part yet!” Seamus exclaimed. He had a broad grin on his face and his blue eyes were twinkling.

“Well spit it out,” Ron edged on.

“Dumbledore has a bright pink mohawk!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I think we need to add some fun to the HP fandom. ;D